Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 07:32   #76
BHPian

Hoopoe,
Amazing pics, write-up and the most amazing FE!! Thanks for the driving tips to achieve those FE figures. Inspires me to try to achieve a better FE than my 10kmpl so far in city.

The Scorp looks great without the side cladding, but guess the cladding serves a purpose in offroading conditions where the paint isnt scratched, and in our urban jungles where its not scratched/dented up by the Squeezers- the amazing breed of bikers who try to squeeze in between all other vehicles even in traffic signals.
Its a pleasure seeing the gleaming metal surface on the flanks of a machine, but its equally painful seeing a little scratch/ dent.
Old 19th December 2009, 19:55   #77
BHPian

Hi SanScorio (great name!),
You say the right thing. Just last night a dude on a bike clamped with his ultra-thin girlfriend tried to wiggle through thick traffic on a dividerless road and attempted the impossible feat of cutting into his lane where literally no space existed. He and his girlfriend lay sprawled over my bonnet and that of the poor Santro next to me coming from the other side. Guess how difficult it must have been to keep my temper under control—the couple were lucky that the cars were able to stop just in time!

Thankfully, no great scratches or dents to anyone (except the guy's virility loss) .

Last edited by Hoopoe : 19th December 2009 at 19:56.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:34   #78
BHPian

Hi Hoopoe, was really sad to see that you had to put up your beauty for sale. Some lucky guy who lapped it up in real quick time. Anyways best wishes for your new assignment and hope you get yourself another scorp if n when u get back.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:28   #79
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

rear wiper certainly would make a difference in the lx
especially driving on rainy, wet and dirty roads - rear window vision becomes blurred
luckily both the side mirrors help a lot.
wondering if it might be a good idea to retro fit a rear wiper on my Scorp LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I can live without all these gizmos in a vehicle. As I said, the absence of a rear wiper is the only thing that bothers me. It doesn't make a difference when it's not raining; but during monsoons, compromised rear vision, specially while driving on highways is an invitation to disaster.

EDIT: @ shishir_bn: I'd already gone through the M & M Scorpio site with a fine tooth comb. Thanks for the link, anyway! :-)

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:30   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

you should be able to pick up an used Scorp LX 2008 for about 6 -6.25 as of the current market
else you could go for a slightly older one - say 2005-2006-2007 model which you will definitely get for 4 to 5.5 lacs range

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesri View Post
@Hoopoe: Really Nice OP! ... really liked the idea of your bliss with the Scorpio you bought and your Scorpio too liking you and trying to please you! ... well said!!

Your post has sold me on buying a similar model Scorpio. I may not be able to afford a new one. But will try and buy a good pre-owned one, maybe?

Cheers, Kesri

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks