Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 09:36   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
P.S Did you notice the billboard?
No sir, missed it completely !

Lovely pics, but personally feel there's burn-out in some of the pics. Or am I missing something ?

Is it possible to get the flaps re-fitted in a way that it aligns with the wheel arch ? The material of the stock flaps is often good, though I always seem to have a problem with the length of these stock flaps.
Old 25th October 2009, 11:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful shots brother,all the pictures in the series are awesome..!You're really good at automobile photography and post processing..I really liked the Linea Advertisement Btw are those shots HDR or did you process it in PS to give a HDR look..?? Meanwhile I have updated my ownership report,please do have a look(Have attached some pictures too)

Happy Motoring,Driver her safe
Old 25th October 2009, 13:05   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Notice the Billboard ? Is it possible to miss such a huge thing? Though, did'nt think it was you and Photoshop. Nicely done.
Thanks GR. BTW, what is the official name of the color of your seats. I saw one London Tan in the Kaarlson sample and think looks quite like yours. How does it match up with the interiors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No sir, missed it completely !

Lovely pics, but personally feel there's burn-out in some of the pics. Or am I missing something ?

Is it possible to get the flaps re-fitted in a way that it aligns with the wheel arch ? The material of the stock flaps is often good, though I always seem to have a problem with the length of these stock flaps.
Burn out is probably due to reduction in size. Pics were in *.raw format, which itself is close to 10megs. After post processing and final reduction, degradation has taken place.

I don't know if stock flaps can be shortened. Guess Fiat isn't going to do a lot about accessories till they launch the 1.6 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Beautiful shots brother,all the pictures in the series are awesome..!You're really good at automobile photography and post processing..I really liked the Linea Advertisement Btw are those shots HDR or did you process it in PS to give a HDR look..?? Meanwhile I have updated my ownership report,please do have a look(Have attached some pictures too)
Happy Motoring,Driver her safe
Thanks Amith. Yes, HDR processing has been done on *.raw pics. Photos taken on the airport road.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:10   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if stock flaps can be shortened.
NO ! Pls dont shorten the already short flaps, as with most stock flaps. I was suggesting the flaps go inward (on the horizontal plane).

I will suggest longer flaps - 1 to 2 inches atleast. Stock flaps look more ornamental, than functional.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:23   #50
BHPian

It was never on my mind to shorten them. I don't know about the functionality of the present ones, guess gotta wait till the NE monsoon.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:31   #51
BHPian

Kapil....The pics looks awesome. Truly, Fiat India can use your pictures for their Ads. Spoke to Venkatesh today, he promised to get my car at the earliest. I am sure you would be enjoying every moment you are spending with this new pride possession. Is running in is required for this car?
Old 25th October 2009, 16:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks GR. BTW, what is the official name of the color of your seats. I saw one London Tan in the Kaarlson sample and think looks quite like yours. How does it match up with the interiors?
The shade of the hide in my Linea is called "Burnt Orange" and it's in perfect harmony with the Linea's interior orange lighting. In fact they match so much, it seems like an OEM setup rather than an aftermarket job.

BTW, You're not trying to carbon copy my Linea, are you? First the color,VW, now, the seats, next thing I know, the grill has gone black, and you've got 4300k Crystal Vision. Suddenly, my Linea has a twin; what say Brother?
Old 25th October 2009, 17:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col KRK View Post
Kapil....The pics looks awesome. Truly, Fiat India can use your pictures for their Ads. Spoke to Venkatesh today, he promised to get my car at the earliest. I am sure you would be enjoying every moment you are spending with this new pride possession. Is running in is required for this car?
Sir, Venkateshan came across as an ethical guy. He doesn't have much in his control, but if he commits something, he will abide by it; this is what I could estimate in my interaction with him.

As far as running in is concerned, the manual doesn't specify anything. However, if you check the Fiat site, they say that for first 1000-2000 KM engine will go through a transition and will require careful handling, which roughly translates to running in. Once you get the delivery, for atleast 1500km, try keeping the revolutions below 3K, preferably between 2k and 2.5k. These revs will give you adequate acceleration as well as FE.

Quote:
The shade of the hide in my Linea is called "Burnt Orange" and it's in perfect harmony with the Linea's interior orange lighting. In fact they match so much, it seems like an OEM setup rather than an aftermarket job.

BTW, You're not trying to carbon copy my Linea, are you? First the color,VW, now, the seats, next thing I know, the grill has gone black, and you've got 4300k Crystal Vision. Suddenly, my Linea has a twin; what say Brother?
Thanks for the input GR. I was more or less inclined towards "camel" shade, but I think I will go for so called London tan, which is similar to burnt orange IMHO.

The idea of copying your car was in mind ever since I thought of buying a Linea. But I guess the ride of Ghost Rider is tough to emulate . I am going to keep the stock grills as I feel the pearl finish is better complemented by silver grille. I haven't yet changed the bulbs. What you see in pics is only the sky hue captured on reflectors. May be not a twin, but surely a sibling we can say.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:54   #54
BHPian

Man your car is simply awesome. Enjoy the beauty and admiration 100% guaranteed.

18km/lt from a petrol car.. Amazing man. My diesel gives me close to that range. Mine is nearing 10K mark in close to 5 months. Its really addictive to drive the beauty over and again.

Happy motoring!

Regards,
Sathya
Old 25th October 2009, 19:48   #55
BHPian

Thanx Kapil for the input. I think, the running in will become crucial w.r.t future performance of the engine. Though modern engine are supposed to go thru running in on bench at factory before assembled. Better to keep the vehicle running at varied RPM during first 1500-2000km atleast. BHPians have claimed FE and engine performance going better after first service. Does Concorde gives additional free accessories on purchase?

Initially, I was offered car which was lying in the yard for more 50days ( prior to july 09 mfrd), which i refused. Asked them to give me the latest, which Concorde agreed without any hesitation. So the waiting period increased.

Anybody in the forum posses Perla Champagne color or medium grey color Linea? Can post pics if possible. I have a choice to make change in color depending on the availability tomorrow. Minimal Grey ruled out, as my present car is with that color. Black looks gud, heavy maintenance to keep away from dust. Bosnova white may not be available readily due to new introduction. Back to confusion in choosing the color.

Guys help me...
Old 25th October 2009, 20:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody in the forum posses Perla Champagne color or medium grey color Linea? Can post pics if possible. I have a choice to make change in color depending on the availability tomorrow. Minimal Grey ruled out, as my present car is with that color. Black looks gud, heavy maintenance to keep away from dust. Bosnova white may not be available readily due to new introduction. Back to confusion in choosing the color.

Guys help me...
Hey Colonel I own a medium grey Linea. You can look up the pics either in the my garage section or my ownership and travelogue threads
Old 26th October 2009, 11:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Next day morning, drive to Kochi started at 5AM, with my father accompanying me as a non driving companion. NH4, NH46 and NH7 are beautifully maintained, including the little landscaping effort in the dividers. Drove at base speed of 80KMPH, keeping the revs below 2500. A few times,
accelerated to 120, 140, 160 for a few seconds. Thanks to Sawyer, Jaggu and GTO for their inputs on this one. Reached Salem at 11Am, that meant an average speed of 55kmph, which I thought was pretty decent. Nightmares were waiting for me on NH47. From Salem to Palghat, a distance of 178km covered in three hours. From Palghat onwards, heavy traffic on a two lane highway in fading sunlight was quite bad. After Trichur, drive was literally in third gear . A distance that can be normally covered in a hour and a half, took three and half hours. Total distance covered 724Km and total fuel consumed 39 litres; overall FE of 18.56, with ACC running full time. On tripmeter, I had set display to instantaneous consumption. I found this to be more useful than the average trip consumption as the you can see the fuel consumption varying as per your driving style. Prior to departure from Kochi, had prepared a 2GB pen drive with my fav songs. Media Player played them in shuffle mode without any hitch whatsoever. My HTC touch 3g was paired without a fuss and B&Me was a boon. Kept making calls throughout the trip. This is one feature that was appreciated even by my father, whose knowledge about autombiles is as good as mine in nuclear physics. Reached home at 2000hrs. Went for Puja but the temple was closed. Thats the story so far, Journal will be continued with time.

A Few pics:
Quote:
COOL! you managed to get the limited Edition Vocal White! Just take very good care of her. The problem with Vocal White is that the dealerships have a tough time matching the paint in case of an accident. I'm undergoing that trauma now.

But it's still a majestic color and gives the Linea a Royal look.
All the best and enjoy the admiration.
cheers!
Congrats on the lovely color. The car does look hot.

By the way, can you help me with the CSD with some info. Can someone whos bought the car under CSD sell it to me immediately, and if so am I liable for any extra charges.

Thanks again
Old 26th October 2009, 12:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Man your car is simply awesome. Enjoy the beauty and admiration 100% guaranteed.

18km/lt from a petrol car.. Amazing man. My diesel gives me close to that range. Mine is nearing 10K mark in close to 5 months. Its really addictive to drive the beauty over and again.

Happy motoring!

Regards,
Sathya
Thanks Sathya. A lot of driving, seems your FTA is keeping you IN SEAT. Did you change oil at 3K?

Quote:
Thanx Kapil for the input. I think, the running in will become crucial w.r.t future performance of the engine. Though modern engine are supposed to go thru running in on bench at factory before assembled. Better to keep the vehicle running at varied RPM during first 1500-2000km atleast. BHPians have claimed FE and engine performance going better after first service. Does Concorde gives additional free accessories on purchase?

Initially, I was offered car which was lying in the yard for more 50days ( prior to july 09 mfrd), which i refused. Asked them to give me the latest, which Concorde agreed without any hesitation. So the waiting period increased.

Guys help me...
Sir, if it helps, my car is Jun 09 lot. Free of niggles as of now. Personally I feel, Bossa Nova White/Vocal White and minimal grey suit this car run of the mill kind of driving. Foxtrot Azure and Flamenco Red are the next in my list of favorites. Black, as you say is beautiful, though tough to maintain. Perla Champagne will be a novelty, and if you like it, you must stick with it. Thre is a medium grey Linea on the forum, can't recall member's name. Since you already own a minimal grey, medium grey will make a lot of sense. So I feel you need a toss between medium grey and Perla Champagne.

I got floor mats, mud flaps and a 5 liter fuel voucher from Concorde .

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Congrats on the lovely color. The car does look hot.

By the way, can you help me with the CSD with some info. Can someone whos bought the car under CSD sell it to me immediately, and if so am I liable for any extra charges.

Thanks again
Anand, going by regulations, if I buy a car today, I am not permitted to sell it for next two years, because I have given a signed undertaking to the CSD. The main reason for this "two year" clause is to give a fair chance to everyone to buy a car without creating any backlog. Whether or not it serves a purpose is another discussion.

There are people who sell it before the stipulated two year period. IMHO, there should be absolutely no extra charges other than what is quoted by CSD and the DD making charges. In this case, the person you are buying from will not be able to buy another car for next two years. If you have any further queries, feel free to ask.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
@Col KRK, Wait can be killing sir. Hope you get it fast. Yes, for people in Southern Region, CSD Chennai works out to be the cheapest.

Went to Kalady today. Some snaps.
REALLY SUPERB!!! I bet if your above photos are put on hoarding ad (as in one of the pics above) it is sure to boost the LINEA sales by leaps and bounds.
Congratulations on your new buy, Kapil. Excellent review as well. Please keep posting more photos, I really love to watch Linea taken with great photographic skills.
Enjoy your drive..
Old 26th October 2009, 18:07   #60
BHPian

@pranava999 ..thanx for the link of your car pics. I think you have minimal grey colour and not medium grey. Nice pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks