Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 20:06   #91
BHPian

Amazing review as usual.
Except the "cheap" LED's, the car is perfect to be called as MERC !!! LED's are always good as after markets.
Old 7th November 2009, 13:38   #92
Senior - BHPian

Friends Merc is launching its diesel variant of new E-class next week, the E350 CDI Blue EFFICIENCY at Bangalore. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-12th-nov.html
Old 7th November 2009, 15:20   #93
BHPian

Thanks Arush and Rehaan for such a comprehensive and detailed report....Its precisely this detailed and unbiased nature that makes reading yr reviews a pleasure! The pic coverage only adds icing to the cake.

I agree with Rehaan's take that on hindsight the new E is definitely more merc than its predecessor. The picture posted with Mad_Monkeys comparo easily throws light on it.
Old 7th November 2009, 16:45   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing review GTO. Seems like Merc has made up mind to restore the lost glory by offering the top notch quality again after some highly critisiced versions.

Like all Germans the diesel variant would be a better buy, How about a powerful diesel variant to compete with 530d?
Old 8th November 2009, 15:46   #95
BHPian

Saw a blue colored E350 yesterday in Khan Market, looked stunning. The first thing that I noticed was that it looks much bigger than the previous E. The second; as soon as Merc left my humble Santro behind and disappeared into the distance, I realised the tail lights look nothing like a Sonata
Old 9th November 2009, 11:32   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Like all Germans the diesel variant would be a better buy, How about a powerful diesel variant to compete with 530d?
E350 CDI confirmed and coming our way soon : Thread linky.
Old 15th November 2009, 07:56   #97
BHPian

The rear part looks has similarity with the new sonata, but Merc has the quality in it. No doubt about it. Now also 1995 E series rocks the road when compared to many mordern cars in the market
Old 18th November 2009, 01:55   #98
BHPian

I think the koreans are becoming more european in their styling(new sonata..not yet launched), and the germans are going in for a lot of bling(Chrome, LEDs etc)..i'm so totally sold over a W140..i think true mercs ended with the W140!
Old 19th November 2009, 18:43   #99
BHPian

first things firsts... Hats off to you GTO! Brilliant review! extremely detailed and just about right and to the point! One thing you can definately think of is to come up with a Automag.. should sell like hot cakes and am sure many will agree on this.

loved the new E! front looks like million bucks! but the rear is almost hyundai! still overall this car looks just too good makes more sense than the 5 series given the condition of our roads.

somethings I wished were taken care of in this new avatar of E series:

1) SATNAV! high time we get these on our luxury cars!
2) wish the command control would give more options for settings like BMW's!
3) rear definately needs to be worked upon. looks like the designers lost interest by the time they reached the rear!
4) Rear view camera for parking
5) something like the BMW's heads up display would have been great!
6) and since this car is the epitome for backseat comfort in its class, they could even have lcd screens on the rear of headrests of front seats for entertainment of rear passengers.

I can only wonder what the next 5 series will be like. as I am sure they will try to outdo merc in every which way they can while making it a driver's delight!
Old 19th November 2009, 18:50   #100
BHPian

I think GTO will review their latest launch as well (Diesel)
That looks like one refined and powerful diesel engine.
Old 19th November 2009, 21:04   #101
BHPian

The Merc line still falls under my 'dream car category'
(..... though recently the BMWs put me in a dilemma at times, whenever I see one on the roads)
Old 20th November 2009, 11:41   #102
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
wish the command control would give more options for settings like BMW's!
You betcha! As I commented in the review, it seems to have been included only to offer the "big screen LCD" effect. Not too big on functionality (only audio), though it has so much potential.

Quote:
and since this car is the epitome for backseat comfort in its class, they could even have lcd screens on the rear of headrests of front seats for entertainment of rear passengers.
Neat suggestion. I'll have this brought to their attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
I think GTO will review their latest launch as well (Diesel)
That looks like one refined and powerful diesel engine.
Will do soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
though recently the BMWs put me in a dilemma at times, whenever I see one on the roads)
Join the club, car-go, join the club. Competition rocks, wot?
Old 20th November 2009, 11:54   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Neat suggestion. I'll have this brought to their attention.
I highly doubt this suggestion will see day-light because it will bridge the gap between the E & S even smaller.

Besides for seat back screens you need a good legroom to get a reasonable viewing distance. The new E legroom would fall short for such purpose.
Old 20th November 2009, 12:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, I've sat in cars with rear seat entertainment package in the W212, and it is quite nice infact the new cars have a gorgeous screen at the back which support 720P resolution (correct me if i'm wrong but thats what the dealership said when I went for the launch few months back in the US)

GTO, one question about your review did you not think the leather used feels a little hard? I mean I drove the W212 in the US and when I drove the car here the seats felt really different, and I remember asking this in another thread are the seats in Indian spec cars made using different materials? and no the car in the US was not equipped with ventilated seats / nappa leather.

Also this V6 engine desperately needs to be changed I don't know why MBIL got this instead of the CGI from launch?

And GTO, if you truly know someone at MB who you could influence then please tell them to consider add ventilated seats / multicontour seats, those are some really nice features we would benefit with in Indian heat. Also they should consider the upgraded Harmon/Kardon sound system.

And Guys, coming to COMAND, believe me MB's COMAND is as good as others or in fact in certain ways much better because it also has alternative controls. And with the right set of options you can also control the seat functions etc from the COMAND. And you must realise it is now built in not only for the LCD Screen effect but there is some law about having navigation etc. in the line of sight so it makes more sense for them to just have it there standard which would indirectly save them cost by not having to manufacture 2 different form of dashboards.

While the W212 is a good car it just does not bring out any sense of occasion or the feeling of that "I WANT IT". But one thing it sure does well, will ensure people who want a good business sedan this is the perfect choice, for everyone else 23rd november 2009 the F10 is coming,
Old 20th November 2009, 13:36   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
GTO, one question about your review did you not think the leather used feels a little hard? I mean I drove the W212 in the US and when I drove the car here the seats felt really different, and I remember asking this in another thread are the seats in Indian spec cars made using different materials? and no the car in the US was not equipped with ventilated seats / nappa leather.
Seats are one of the first things that come with localisation- CKD models. Even the 5 series initially had all it's components imported and assembled besides just the seats. The leather they source here certainly is firmer/harder than the ones you get abroad.

F10 = It won't be hard for BMW to out do the current E. IMO, MB made the battle easier this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks