Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 20:38   #31
BHPian

Dear GTX,
Get in touch with your TASS and FIAT immediately. They will replace the rusted part with new ones. The only issue would be the painting for which you need to be with them during the painting process.

Mail Mangesh Immediately. Ask for a new car inlieu of the present one.
Ensure FIAT send their quality team during the painting process to oversee the work. Let the FIAT official check the entire car for rusting.

Also, insist for a warranty certificate that there wont be any rusting in the future and they will arrange for replacement, if any.

Last edited by bnzjon : 25th December 2009 at 20:45.
Old 26th December 2009, 09:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, this rusting is a very very serious lapse. "Car was lying in yard for 3-4 months" cannot be an excuse for such rusting. We have a 9 year old M-800. It has been parked out in the open for all its life, with cover for the first 4 years and without cover for the next 5 years. Still there are signs of rusting at only two places: below the windshield and below the headlamps.

IMO Fiat should replace such rusting cars instead of just repainting the doors.
Old 26th December 2009, 11:05   #33
BHPian

Thanks bnzjon . But the problem is I will be free only after the new year. Also they will replace the rusted doors with new one but what will they do with the rust in the boot region? They cannot replace it because it is a part of the cars basic structure ! I think fiat is cheating their customers. After using my Palio for the last 7 years I was not expecting something like this would happen to my Linea even in my worst dreams! I came to know about this rusting because I am a member of team-bhp. God knows how many lineas on the road have this rusting! No one is going to open up the rubber beading of a new car to check out these things. No one will expect some thing like this on a new car. I will not recommend this car to any one. I first decided to go for the Punto, had a very bad experience but still I went for another Fiat car thinking that even if their service is bad their cars are good. And now this! My car is just a month old and have run only 370kms. In fact I should get a new car instead of this rusted one! Only God knows how many problems are their in my Linea waiting to be discovered! Quality standards are very low. Need to check this out as soon as possible! Also when I start the car the engine is very silent. But after running 6 or 7 kms this car is very loud outside and has a clattering sound just like a diesel and is as loud as a diesel when the car is stationary! My Palio behaves in the opposite way. When I start the car it might be a bit loud compared to other cars such as a Santro but after running a few kms it becomes silent. I expect my Linea to become silent after the run in period or are all the petrol Lineas like this?
Old 26th December 2009, 17:42   #34
BHPian

The petrol engine in Linea is not very silent. I have personally checked this in 4-5 Lineas. Beleive european engines are bit louder than their asian counterparts. NVH is a bit higher in Linea.

Other Linea owners to comment pls.
Old 27th December 2009, 02:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The petrol engine in Linea is not very silent. I have personally checked this in 4-5 Lineas. Beleive european engines are bit louder than their asian counterparts. NVH is a bit higher in Linea.

Other Linea owners to comment pls.
+1
I checked one at the dealer long time back and boy was it loud for a modern petrol engine. I actually thought that it was a MJD.
Old 27th December 2009, 12:14   #36
BHPian

Today I found that the AC vent below the right front seat is not working. On the left side it works well. Today I washed my car and I found that water gets into the rubber beeding easily and so that it might be the cause of the rusting.
Old 27th December 2009, 13:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Today I found that the AC vent below the right front seat is not working. On the left side it works well. Today I washed my car and I found that water gets into the rubber beeding easily and so that it might be the cause of the rusting.
FIAT themselves have acknowledged the fact that rusting is due to the rubber beading. The rubber beading has a metal rod running across for support. This metal is causing the rust.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:40   #38
BHPian

It is really sad GTX to know about the rusting. I wouldn't have believed it but for the photos.

Anyway, no point brooding over spilled milk.

Have you reported this to fiat/dealer? (though I personally think they will state that it has rusted after you took possession of the car as they know nobody can prove when the rusting started + you have already explained how bad the folks at the dealers place are).

Have you checked if the rust can be removed? Can anti rust treatment be done in these areas? Is it possible to replace the fiat beading with something else?

I was thinking of waiting for the 1.6 Linea...but now I will have to tread carefully.

Wishing you luck.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Not the case with us. I suggest that you get it checked up. In my case I brought up one issue- lack of air flow in the co-passenger's foot well. Checked up other new cars at the dealer and it was the same everywhere.
Old 17th January 2010, 16:47   #40
BHPian

GTX, did you contact FIAT ? what is the solution for the rusting ?
Has this been solved to your satisfaction ?

Please do update.
Old 29th January 2010, 19:24   #41
BHPian

I will be contacting Mangesh very soon. Just before that I am posting pictures of all the rusted portion in my Linea. I think my Linea is the most rusted one in Team-BHP. At some places paint has started peeling off. I am not very interested in giving a brand new car to the dealer for such works because I know how these guys look after these cars. But what to do? Rusts on the disc were present even during delivery but at that time I thought it was normal. Today I found that rust on the drums were also present during delivery as I found it when I just checked out those pics. Rusted portions include region above shock absorber in the bonnet, on the boot(at three places), on the bonnet, some bolts inside the bonnet, both rear doors, all the discs and drums etc.. This is just going on increasing and only God knows how many are still waiting to be discovered. And remember mine is not a vocal white and it is bossanova white. In fact I need a replacement. Now let the pictures speak.
Attached Thumbnails
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1226.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1231.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1236.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1237.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1250.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1252.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1253.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1254.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1255.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-rscn1256.jpg  

Old 29th January 2010, 20:22   #42
BHPian

Christ, this is scary

My friend, pls get in touch with FIAT Immediately, else you are in great trouble.

Pls call Mangesh immediately, other things can wait.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Mate when you posted the pics last month itself we suggested you to take it up with FIAT.

What is preventing you from contacting them? you have time to click pics and post it here, but you dont have time to forward these pics with a writeup or even send the team-bhp links to fiat?
Old 29th January 2010, 21:02   #44
BHPian

Front disc brake in my Linea is also same as shown in above pics. I was told that it is normal.
My Linea is a Black.
Old 29th January 2010, 22:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

It's really very sad to hear that your Fiat Linea started rusting within a couple of days after the delivery.Btw are you using your Linea or Palio now? Meanwhile how many km's have you done till date?

I would highly recommend you to contact the Fiat People and get it sorted out ASAP

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks