Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 22:31   #46
BHPian

ohh no thats very sad
a car with just 390 kms & a month old have such a problem??
please contact fiat & ask them to replace.
Old 4th February 2010, 23:16   #47
BHPian

Hi friends, I contacted Mangesh yesterday through mail. He replied saying sorry for the inconvenience. He also said that the dealer will be contacting me. Today the dealer(Hyson motors) called me and started questioning me. And do you know what's the first question that they asked me? They were asking" Sir, why didn't you notice all these things during delivery?" These guys don't have any idea about these things. I am afraid to give my car to these guys for any sort of servicing or repairs. Today evening I noticed that a patpath sound is coming from the silencer. Now what should I do with this?
Old 5th February 2010, 01:46   #48
BHPian

Give them whack !

These dealers forget that they should do a PDI before delivering the car to the customer. Its their responsibility to deliver the car in perfect condition.

Please pressurise the dealer and FIAT to recticy the issues ASAP.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:58   #49
BHPian

At present my Linea has run 1870 kms and my experience with her has not been all that smooth. Yes, there are a couple of issues still pending to be resolved. I had given my car for the first service on Feb 16(after three months) to Concorde Motors, Cochin because I was fed up with Hyson Motors. They had done enough damage to my car and each day I keep on discovering new ones. They had even teared my seat fabric (I found it when I removed plastic covers on my seat). There are scratches on the dash board and bottle holders etc.. On some of them I applied Black Permanent marker so now thats gone. But I cannot do anything on the biege colour. And now I don't pay any attention to these things.
I had contacted Mangesh about the rusting issues of my Linea and thus I gave my car to Concorde. They repainted the region around the boot and above the shock absorbers neatly. But they didn't do anything to the rust on the rear doors and they said that they will do something if its aggregating. They even didn't replace the rusted beadings. I had told them to check the silencer but it still makes 'path path' sound. I had also told them about the rear wheels getting jammed. But even after that my rear wheels got jammed two times with hand brakes disengaged. I had stopped using hand brakes earlier due to the same reason and used to park my car in first gear. But still it gets jammed. These days I don't strain the engine to release it. Instead I open the rear doors and push the car till the wheels get free. I don't use my Linea regularly. I found that the rear wheels get jammed when the car has been stationary for more than two days. So nowadays I push it gently and check whether the wheels are free to move whenever I passes in front of her. Now about the clutch. I had reported earlier that my clutch and gears are harder than other lineas. I thought it will be resolved after replacing the clutch slave cylinder. My car was manufactured in August but still the dealer said that my car doesn't need any CSC replacement. And they said my clutch was smooth enough and they gave me a petrol punto which was a test drive vehicle to have a try. Its clutch was even harder. But that car had been used very roughly and mine was not like that. I had test driven Lineas and Puntos earlier and their clutch were more smooth but they don't agree. Even the Linea on display at Hyson motors had smoother clutch and I still remember it clearly. Also there are many sounds coming from the bonnet when I press the clutch. After running some 100 kms it changes and sound gets more rough. But it goes away afterwards. The second gear on my Linea is very tough. I feel that my seven year old Palio has more smoother gears. Is it so? I don't think Linea's gearbox is so bad but I don't feel it to be smooth. Also the maximum mileage that I have got till now on my Linea is 13.1 kms/L(according to the trip computer). Will this improve afterwards? Also I use normal petrol and I think its not 91 octane. According to my knowledge the only 91 octane petrol available in Kerala is Xtra Premium. But it has additives in it. Should I use it to improve the mileage? I will post the pics of the repainted portions tomorrow.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:11   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

GTX, I feel the niggles that you have reported are not sorted out by the Service Center by seriously looking into. they need a kick on their back to finish the job properly. Do write into senior officials about the hardship and mention the service advisor name and other people at the service center. Let them face the heat for their poor professionalism
Old 29th April 2010, 09:30   #51
BHPian

Here are some pics of the car (especially the interior).
Attached Thumbnails
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1326.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1320.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1316.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1309.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1306.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1275.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dsc00357.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dsc00358.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2010, 20:25   #52
BHPian

I spotted this modified Linea when I went to Concorde, Cochin. It was an MJD for sure. It was not emotion pack and should be dynamic or emotion (thats what I could figure out from the wheels). Similarly I saw a white Punto with the roof painted black and LED's in the front. That car looked very good and was very similar to the one in the new punto 1.2 ad. Sorry for the bad quality of the pics. Took from my phone cam.
Attached Thumbnails
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-19022010001.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-19022010002.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-19022010.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2010, 13:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

This is simply unacceptable. Its about time someone sued Fiat. My colleagues Punto has suffered from some of the exact same problems. Rust on suspension bolt, battery terminals, Alternator Shaft Bolt.

GTX007....I don't think you should be asking for a Quick Fix from Fiat; for all the problems & mental agony you have been through Fiat should replace the car with a unit from the latest manufacturing batch. Whether the manufacturer talks about this or not in the Warranty Fine Print is irrelevant. This is a New Car with serious manufacturing defects.

I am sure even TATA don't manufacture cars like this even if its facility sharing between the two manufacturers.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

Yikes, the car looks butchered.
Thats what a Bulgarian beard gone bad looks like.

Linea is such a pretty car, its a pity that these modifications have made it look bad.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

oh no. please post that Linea pic in wired and wacky thread. it looks so bad. Look that cute linea in your post and the wacky Linea. How can some one do this to Linea
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:13   #56
BHPian

seems like someone wanted to get an Audi grill out of the Maseratti style Linea. This is really ridiculous, one of the worst body kits done. This should be posted in the hall of fame of the worst looking cars.
Old 4th May 2010, 07:49   #57
BHPian

I think Linea is one of the most beautiful cars around. Even after 1 year since the launch it still turns heads. So if someone is modifying a Linea he should do that with at most care or this will be the result.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Today I had a face to face discussion with a Person who had a Fiat Authorized Service Centre 4 years back. I showed him your car pics and asked for his opinion.

This is what he asked for:

Can you post pics of the other shock absorber.
And, he pointed at a leaf hidden there. How come a leaf went all the way till there?

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1226.jpg

The aluminium part too has white spots on them.

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1231.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 08:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Today I had a face to face discussion with a Person who had a Fiat Authorized Service Centre 4 years back. I showed him your car pics and asked for his opinion.

This is what he asked for:

Can you post pics of the other shock absorber.
And, he pointed at a leaf hidden there. How come a leaf went all the way till there?

Attachment 342873

The aluminium part too has white spots on them.

Attachment 342874
The region above the shock absorber is covered by a net like structure made of plastic and small leaves can get into there. But the main problem is whenever I wash my car I see a lot of stagnant water in that region. I know this is the cause of rusting on the shock absorbers but we cannot wipe away that because of the net above it. The water remains there until it evaporates. Whenever I wash my car I see water in all places where there is rust and I wipe it out with a cloth but in the case of shock absorbers I cannot do that. Concorde had repainted my shock absorber bolts but now it has started rusting again. I will post the pics later. Also the aluminium parts do have some white spots and they go away when I wipe it. Do you think this is also due to corrosion?
Old 7th May 2010, 15:01   #60
BHPian

I just went through the thread-Manza ABS, 1.4-Safire, delivered. There I saw a link about the Indian Consumer complaint forum where I saw a complaint in which a test drive vehicle was delivered to a customer by a Tata dealer. In that he wrote his car had done 120 kms on delivery and the front seat plastic covers were torn and there were stains on the car during delivery. The same applies to me- My cars plastic covers were torn during delivery(I found that later only) and my car had done 173 kms during delivery. Before delivery when I had gone to Hyson motors to just see the car in the yard it had done only 40kms. But at that time it had a vibration which was sorted out during delivery. Also at that time discs had enough rust on them which showed that the car had not been used. During delivery(which was after two weeks) I asked the sales person named Francis how this car had done 173 kms? He said that it was done during the PDI for rectifying that vibration. I knew what he said was not the truth but since the car was alright at that time I agreed. Now I think my linea would also have been used by them as a TD vehicle. But within two weeks can something like that happen? Should I write about this to Fiat officials? Will there be any use with that? Is this the reason that I am having too much complaints with my car? Can we take any action against the dealer? Even after speaking to Mr. Mangesh no one from fiat have contacted me asking anything about the problems of rusting along with other problems. During delivery the only thing which didn't obey Team- bhp's PDI checklist was the odo reading. Today morning I washed my car and now I found that its rear wheels are locked and after writing this I am going to push the car to release the jammed rear wheels. The rear wheels still gets jammed especially after washing the car that also within 4 or 5 hours! All my love towards Fiat is now gone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks