Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 07:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations GTX007 for your new acquisition.It's nice to see that you bought a Fiat Linea even after having some initial troubles with the dealers.Enjoy the Italian beauty to the max.Btw nice pictures brother.

Happy and Safe motoring..Driver her :-) safe
Old 30th November 2009, 12:16   #17
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes and greetings .
I haven't taken the car for a long drive, so I am yet to experience Linea's superb dynamics on the highway.
The engine is giving good feedback, its not a road rocket but a good cruiser.
I am astonished by the ride quality of the car even having 195 profile tyres, it glides through gutters and bumps, full marks to Fiat in this respect.
Some minor yet very important touches by Fiat have surely enhanced the up-market feel of the car- The LED focusing on to the gear lever, lights on sun-visor mirrors, the dimming interior lights, follow me home head lights etc to mention a few.
Everyone seeing the car is just surprised to see such level of equipment at this price tag, congratulating me on the VFM choice. Yesterday my dad's friend came home with a ANHC. He also vouched for the VFM that Linea offers, a bit sad of the fact that other companies are not offering such equipments even at a higher price tag.
Updates to follow

My request to all Cochinites on the forum, can you suggest the best place at Ernakulam for putting seat covers ?
A friend of mine had a bitter experience while he gave his Punto for putting seat covers and vinyl flooring at one among the biggest shops at Thrissur. The guys were unable to fit the seats back into normal state.
I am keen that such things shouldn't happen to me, so Cochinites please help me in this regard.

Last edited by GTX007 : 30th November 2009 at 12:34.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:28   #18
BHPian

Congrats gtx007.!!!
Welcome to the club.
Brace yourself for some ADMIRATION GURANTEED on road!
Old 30th November 2009, 13:03   #19
BHPian

Welcome to Club Linea ! Wish you More Smiles with your Beauty

White is my favourite now although i own the Flamenco REd. But , the new white i am yet to see on the road. I loved the Older Vocal White more . Whats your opinion Did you have to "settle" for Bossanova White or were you "glad" its B. White ??
Old 30th November 2009, 15:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

GTX007: can see your smile on post. Good in loving the beauty.

Paint the alloys with Bossanova White with red FIAT logo at the center. Put on a RED lip to the white alloys then let the babes follow you.

Happy revving.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:12   #21
BHPian

Hi GTX, you can check my thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...on-pack-5.html for leather seat fitting in Kochi.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:17   #22
BHPian

Thanks everybody for the wishes .
Nuts n bolts: You got the work done from Car shoppe right, I know the place. I got the audio system for my Palio from them.

Updates:
Yet no long highway trips to really enjoy the dynamics of th car.
But few niggling issues that I have noticed are mentioned below:

The steering compartment is misaligned with the dash board. Even if the steering is aligned at any height with the adjustment lever, the difference in gap at the two edges are evident. Also yesterday I noticed another fact that when the steering is perfectly straight the car is actually moving slightly towards the right.
So if the car is to be driven straight or parallel, the steering has to be tilted by about about 5 degrees to the left. Guys please help me. Are such things common? Will such things be sorted out in the first service or should I take up this at the earliest. Has this something to do with the wheel alignment. Correct me if I am wrong.
Attaching a few snaps below.

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1208e.jpg
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1207e.jpg

Please note the difference in gap denoted by the lines.
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1207ed.jpg
Old 8th December 2009, 13:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post

The steering compartment is misaligned with the dash board. Even if the steering is aligned at any height with the adjustment lever, the difference in gap at the two edges are evident. Also yesterday
The compartment misalignment is present is all puntos that i have seen till date, so must be by design i think
Old 8th December 2009, 13:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The steering compartment is misaligned with the dash board. Even if the steering is aligned at any height with the adjustment lever, the difference in gap at the two edges are evident. Also yesterday I noticed another fact that when the steering is perfectly straight the car is actually moving slightly towards the right.
Attachment 241638
Attachment 241639
Please note the difference in gap denoted by the lines.
Attachment 241640
I never felt this problem in my Punto. The steering held straight - car goes on a straight line. Have you tried releasing the steering momentarily to see if the car goes to left or right instead of doing a straight line?

Have you checked whether the steering is straight (not relative to the dash but relative to the horizontal?) notice the two spokes of the steering and see whether they make the same angle with the horizontal.

EDIT: By looking at your first pic, I see a perfect straight steering. Probably you're feeling that there is a misalignment because the dash has a taper to both the sides?

EDIT: Once I git puzzled by seeing the center console of Palio - its entirely angled towards the driver! I thought initially that there is some misalignment! You must have noticed it in your Palio too.

Last edited by clevermax : 8th December 2009 at 13:56.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:53   #25
BHPian

Well we dont have that kind of misalignment of the steering rack in our car. Regarding the vehicle veering towards the right; that could be because of wheel alignment but it could also be due to your misaligned steering rack.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:26   #26
BHPian

Hi, after being a bit lazy I am back. Since my Palio is serving me very well, I am yet to take my Linea for a long trip. That's why my Linea's odo reads only 346 kms. So that all I can do is attach some pics. Ground clearance is very low compared to the Palio especially at the front as i scraped my car 3-4 times. I am yet to rectify the niggling issues with my Linea.
Attached Thumbnails
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1177.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1187.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1195.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1198.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1200.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1209.jpg  

Old 19th December 2009, 17:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. If you are still having problems with the clutch, check with your ASC if your car requires a clutch slave cylinder replacement.

NDTV Auto - Clutch Slave Cylinder - Punto | Spares & Accessories | Car Forums

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-recalled.html
Old 19th December 2009, 17:50   #28
BHPian

Congrats GTX007 on your purchase.. enjoy the beauty.. I have named my BNW linea as "White Fang". I just did a 700kms trip to bellary and back to blore. I will be putting the trip log very shortly. White Fang was perfect in all aspects except the ground clearence. I had to make a trip from bellary to kampli and it was a 50% offroading for around 30 kms. Otherwise the drive was very good.
Old 25th December 2009, 11:34   #29
BHPian

Rust on my Linea

Hello friends, Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Last week after reading bnzjons thread, I did a primary check up on my Linea for any signs of rusting. To my surprise I found some good amount of rust in the boot region. I also observed that the paint job is very poor in that region. I saw cracks in the painting and paint was peeling off when I touched it due to rust in that region. Then I found rust in the rear door near the lock lever. Yesterday I again went through bnzjons thread and I observed that he had removed the rubber beading to show the rusting. I tried just that on my Linea and I was shocked. There were rust on my Linea just like what bnzjon have but my car is just a month old and have only done around 370 kms. I have lost my peace of mind. My Palio even after 7 years of use in all the rough conditions does not show any signs of rusting. But its paint job is destroyed due to fragmentation of Teflon coating. Earlier my Linea's hand brake got jammed but some how it was released after trying 7-8 times. I am getting worried now because I will be free only after New Year and my Linea just after a month of use have developed these many problems. I am sure that the rust on my Linea is old and might have originated when the car was in the yard during rainy season. My car is August manufactured and I bought it in November. I have not taken this car out for any long journey and have been under shade for all these days. So I don't think that the rust would have originated after the car coming to my hands. Compared to the Palio the quality standards are extremely low and I don't know what all problems are still waiting to be discovered. My clutch is hard(I know its not a big problem and will be replaced under warranty), the car goes to the Right when the steering is kept straight(may be due wheel alignment), my hand brakes got jammed but some how got it released and now the rusting! I don't know how are they going to remove the rust. I can take the car out only after New Year so I have to wait till then. I am posting some pictures of the rusted portions that I have found. I request all the Linea owners who have got a 2 or 3 month old Linea as a new car to check these portions.
Attached Thumbnails
My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1216.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1219.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1220.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1221.jpg  

My Proud Acquisition, Linea 1.4 E+-dscn1222.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 16:06   #30
J.Ravi

Quote:
My car is August manufactured and I bought it in November.
Sorry to hear the sad development, GTX007. The fact that your car was kept in the open yard for 3-4 months in rain and sun-shine could have been the reason.

When I booked my car on 16 September 2009, I had preferred Medium Grey. After two weeks, I was given the VIN code showing EPZ, indicating 5 month old May 2009 make, which I flatly refused. Instead, I preferred Fox Trote Azure, which had JPZ code, indicating September make. I took delivery of my car on 8 October 2009.

So, you should not have opted for the car, which was 4 month old. But, now, there is no point in doing post mortem. Please bring it to the notice of Fiat, Tata Motors and your dealer and see what best they would do.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th December 2009 at 16:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks