Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 10:23   #61
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
Hi Rbp,

Congratulations! for your i20 and for baby boy.

Anuj : I think you need to check your seating position. I drove from Mumbai to Delhi and also back, I was driving 12 hours a day and didn't had any fatigue or not even tired.
The back pain has gone now, I have changed the way I sit for long periods.

Quote:
I don't know about CRDi but with my 1.2 Petrol I tried to pushed it to limits (on Ahemdabad - Baroda express way) I was able to achieve 160 after that it was not moving.

Anuj
Last week, I hit around 165 with plenty still to come. A colleague of mine has hit 170+ in his i20 CRDI and says it still had some more speed in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
That is the best compliment you can get for a car & it's colour, take a bow !!!
Yeah! still waiting for his call regarding the shoot .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Dude you are enticing me with your snaps - I want a sunroof in my Getz now!!!
Glad that you liked them.
Old 1st January 2010, 17:10   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
Congrats for the new car

Welcome to the i20 club, mine looks exactly the same except for the crdi logo
Yep mine is also same colour :-) One request, I want the front map lights fitted in my Asta, is it possible to buy from the dealer? I am okay to fit it outside the dealer if they can just supply them?
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:26   #63
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
Yep mine is also same colour :-) One request, I want the front map lights fitted in my Asta, is it possible to buy from the dealer? I am okay to fit it outside the dealer if they can just supply them?
What are map lights?
Old 4th January 2010, 15:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
What are map lights?
The lights you have for the driver at the front mounted on the roof.

The other one behind is the cabin light. I only have the cabin light and need the map lights as the cabin is too big for just one light.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:58   #65
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
The lights you have for the driver at the front mounted on the roof.

The other one behind is the cabin light. I only have the cabin light and need the map lights as the cabin is too big for just one light.
Do you have a picture of the cabin light, I dont think the top end i20 has the cabin light. It just has the front map lights.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:05   #66
rbp
BHPian

For those of you who have not seen the snap shot by Rudra Sen, here it is. Awesome pro he is .

My Korean beauty, Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with sunroof-i20.jpg
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2010, 11:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For those of you who have not seen the snap shot by Rudra Sen, here it is. Awesome pro he is .

Attachment 256837
great snap!
rbp, would you please release the exif data of this image?
Old 5th January 2010, 11:13   #68
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
great snap!
rbp, would you please release the exif data of this image?
Well, the exif is with Rudra. I dont have it, I just uploaded the same snap that he had uploaded to the Auto Image thread.

He spent almost close to 1 and half hour to get the lighting correct. It was amazing to see him shoot. Hats off to his patience.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:33   #69
rbp
BHPian

It has been a while since I updated the thread. I was too occupied with the office work. So here goes the update.

The car has done 5.5K till date. To be precise I am dividing the experiences into +ve’s and –ve’s.

+ve’s:-
1. Good fuel economy,
Quote:
me and my office colleagues had been on a trip to
Chikmagalur in my car, the car was fully loaded 5 persons + luggage, in
all the distance travelled was some 550 odd kilometers, just to give you
an idea about the load one person was 95+, me 85+, another 80+ and
the other two averaged 60+ and plus the luggage, 50% of the journey
was done with AC on and then the 100 kms of ghat section, it delivered
around 16kmpl
2. The speakers seem to have opened up and the bass is very good now.
3. The 5th gear is tall and good for cruising above 120+.
4. The boot space was plenty, it fit in all our luggage at the back during the trip.
5. The drivability has improved by a huge margin since I brought the car, the engine is opening up nicely.

-ve’s:-
1. The ride quality on poor roads is bad.
2. Driving in ghat sections is a horrible experience, the A-Pillar blocks the view on the curves, had a tough time in the ghats.
3. I got to do something with the headlights, I asked the showroom guy to install the 100 watt bulbs along with the wiring harness, he said they will have to drill some hole to do it, due to which he refused.
4. Poor horns.
5. Scraps speed breakers with 3 people on board, so the driver has got to be very careful when negotiating the huge Bangalore speed breakers.
Quote:
Finally the most important –ve, the AC, the auto climate control is a big JOKE. I have stopped using the auto ac and switched to manual AC. I would still say the AC is below average, I have the 3m premium sunfilms on the car and still it struggles to cool with the fans screaming their lungs out, Hyundai should have put in a more powerful compressor.
7. With the AC on and driving above 140 the engine sounds very rough.

So that’s it guys about the –ve’s and +ve’s will keep adding in case I recall any.
Old 26th April 2010, 22:07   #70
rbp
BHPian

Second Service report

My car has done 8,600kms at present, 5 months and 8,600 kms, sounds good right. In the last one month alone the car has done 3K+ kms. Off late the engine was sounding a little harsh at idling, so felt it was time to get the 2nd service done, did not want to stick to the oil used by the Hyundai service center guys, so after checking out the Diesel engine oil thread zeroed in on Mobil Delvac MX 15W 40. Thanks to TBhpian CSateesh, I managed to find a shop with a 5 litre can, the i20 needs 5.3 lts, the issues that I had with the car are listed below

1 The steering was pulling towards the left a little and at high speeds the steering felt very light and wobbly.

2 Engine a little harsh at idle rpm.

3 The AC is a known issue and I know nothing can be done about it.

4 One mud flap was loose, had to get it tightened.

I had left the car at Trident Hyundai, Sheshadripuram for the servicing, got it back by 5 in the evening.

The following was the bill breakup.

1) Consumables = 99.27 Rs
2) Wheel Weight Clippons (not sure what these are, the service attendant said something, which I could not figure out) = 224 Rs.
3) Filter cartridge = 888 Rs.
4) Filter Air – Cleaner = 304 Rs. [This part looked pretty neat when he returned it to me]
5) Service KIT-OIL filter = 345.73 Rs.
6) Wheel balancing and wheel alignment = 645 Rs

+ VAT @13.5% and Service Tax.
The final amount was 2824/-

I wasn’t sure if the air filter and diesel fuel filter had to be replaced, when he asked me, I just gave him the nod to go ahead and replace, the manual says inspect and replace.

Apart from this, the biggest hole to my pocket came in the form of extended warranty for the third year. If the vehicle is registered for extended warranty with in 90 days of purchase the cost is 8.5K, after that it is 9.4K very high I would say, after a year it is 10.4K. I had no choice but to register and be on the safer side.

Registering within the first 90 days for the extended warranty or else pay more is a very poor idea from Hyundai, think of it when I bought my car, extended warranty wasn't offered at all and now I have to cough up 1K more.
So the new car owners plz hurry up for the extended warranty

So final sum was some 12K plus. Never expected this much .

Prior to this I had also got the headlights upgraded to 100/90 along with the relay kit from PMP and wiring harness with ceramic holders from the same company. The company guys refused to do the bulb change, I got it done from outside, the highways are a joy to drive at night now, I would advice every car owner to get the 100/90 bulbs on to their cars for safer night driving, also I got the skoda type horns fitted, the car sounds and feels a lot better now.

I have told the service attendant to report the AC matter to the Hyundai guys, that is the max I could do.

Thats it guys.

Last edited by rbp : 26th April 2010 at 22:20.
Old 26th April 2010, 22:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apart from this, the biggest hole to my pocket came in the form of extended warranty for the third year. If the vehicle is registered for extended warranty with in 90 days of purchase the cost is 8.5K, after that it is 9.4K very high I would say, after a year it is 10.4K. I had no choice but to register and be on the safer side.

Registering within the first 90 days for the extended warranty or else pay more is a very poor idea from Hyundai, think of it when I bought my car, extended warranty wasn't offered at all and now I have to cough up 1K more.
So the new car owners plz hurry up for the extended warranty.
I got third year warranty last month. Got my i20 Asta CRDi back on August 2009.

I paid Rs. 7520 for the third year warranty...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1797326
Old 26th April 2010, 22:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wheel Weight Clippons are added to your wheels for balancing as far as I know. I think you have been charged additional. Its usually included in your balancing bill. Avoid alignment and balancing at the dealership. Its crap at most places. Also was wheel rotation done? Best to do evey 5000kms.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 26th April 2010 at 22:56.
Old 26th April 2010, 22:54   #73
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I got third year warranty last month. Got my i20 Asta CRDi back on August 2009.

I paid Rs. 7520 for the third year warranty...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1797326
How come such a huge difference in the price, has it got anything to do with me being from Karnataka. Is there a difference between extended warranties for the i20 Asta and i20 Asta (O)?
Man I am loosing trust with these dealerships just cannot trust these people any more.
Old 26th April 2010, 23:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How come such a huge difference in the price, has it got anything to do with me being from Karnataka. Is there a difference between extended warranties for the i20 Asta and i20 Asta (O)?
Man I am loosing trust with these dealerships just cannot trust these people any more.
I think there was some Hyundai car check up camp on at the time, and the extended warranties were offered at 20% discount...

9.4 k - 20% = 7520..
Old 27th April 2010, 09:48   #75
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I think there was some Hyundai car check up camp on at the time, and the extended warranties were offered at 20% discount...

9.4 k - 20% = 7520..
Oh, thank god, I felt I was taken for a ride

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks