Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 10:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. This colour looks very good on i20, adds muscle. Just some fat wheels could make it really cool. Enjoy your drives.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:19   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

More components mean, more cost involved for replacing it during warranty. May be that is the reason the extended warranty is little more costly for the Asta (O)
Old 27th April 2010, 19:26   #78
rbp
BHPian

Forgot to add, I have managed to hit a top whack of 180 kpmh with the AC off, may be it could have done 5 kmph more, but recently, with the AC on and with 3 members and slight up the car refused to go beyond 170 kmph.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:22   #79
rbp
BHPian

ECU problem

I was off to my wifes place this weekend, left Bangalore at 3:30am, it was raining after Tumkur, it was amazing driving in the rain, with all the spray on the windshield, just felt like an F1 race .

As I reached the out skirts of Sira on the bypass road, I slowed down the car to attend natures call, as I was slowing down I heard a mild explosion at the back and felt the engine down on power, my immediate reaction was did the turbo give way, to my horror saw the engine malfunction lamp[looks like a tap symbol] blink once and go off, I parked the car roadside on the highway and just pressed the accelerator again, as soon as the revvs climbed 2K, there was a misfire and the engine revvs went down, I idled the car for a couple of minutes, finished the nature's call and shut down the engine. Started reading the manual, all the warnings related to this particular blinking pointed towards the ECU sending wrong error codes, the nearest Hyundai service was in Chitradurga 80 kms away. The manual did say that we can continue driving with the lamp blinking for another 50 kms, but there will be loss in power, it was 6:30 in the evening and was getting darker. Well! since it was an ECU related issue I thought since the engine was shutdown may be the ECU has reset and was just hoping that the warning lamp does not turn on again. I prayed and cranked the engine, luckily no warning lamp blinks, I set off and started driving slowly max 100 to 120 kmph. I was just hoping to reach chitradurga slowly and there I would take a call, whether to show it to the Hyundai dealers or not, luckily no issues till Chitradurga and after that I gained more confidence and started ripping, I have come back to BLR with no further issues.

I have decided to have the ECU checked by the service center guys. What might have gone wrong? Should I insist the service center guys to get the ECU replaced or do they flash it?

Last edited by rbp : 2nd May 2010 at 22:23.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:40   #80
BANNED

Boss, you could have gone for a check @ the Chitradurga dealer itself. Take this things seriously a do a check immediately.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:47   #81
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Boss, you could have gone for a check @ the Chitradurga dealer itself. Take this things seriously a do a check immediately.
Will do it tomorrow.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:34   #82
BHPian

Congrats dude on your i20.
I too am a proud owner of i20 ASTA CRDI. Have done 8700 on the ODO and am just too happy with this car. I bought this in Sept last year and later when i heard about the VW Polo coming out early this year I did think I could have waited. But recently i drove the Polo (petrol) my friend just bought and I am def sticking with my i20.
It does move slow in B2B traffic and the Turbo kicks in after 1800rpm. The last time I checked I got 17.7km's / litre with AC on all the time, which is not bad at all considering I drove at about 140 for most of the way.

People have complained about the air conditioning and a few other things but I haven't faced any of that till now. The only thing is I miss is not having an arm rest. For that matter I really pray that car manufacturers start providing arm-rests as standard equipment. The USB socket is kinda loose or as the hyundai ppl say it is built that way. Whenever i pull my pen drive out it kinda travels a lil with it. My mum hates the side passenger seat belt indicator. She doesn't enjoy wearing seat belts and coz of the weight sensor in the seat she prefers sitting at the back.

I hope u can get ECU thing fixed and hit the road again.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:22   #83
rbp
BHPian

@dragstar :- Nice to hear about another i20 CRDI, you should have an ownership thread of your i20 too and update your experiences with the car. That should help a lot of the prospective buyers.

Today morning took the car to the service center and got it checked, the service guy plugged in the GScan tool and did a few checks, all parameters were normal, he tried it multiple times but still no error codes were found, everything was normal, finally he opened the bonnet and unplugged the battery cable to reset the ECU. So no issues as of now. I am just hoping it does not recur again.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:09   #84
BHPian

@rbp
I just read about a rubber cover for the ECU wires. There is a thread about it, apparently the rubber cover is not factory fit and the Hyundai service guys are fixing this when you go for a service. I don't know anything about it, but will check with my service guys this week.
I am not sure if you already know about this, if not then that could be reason for the your ECU's misbehavior. You can search for the thread on this forum.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:35   #85

i20 Asta CRDi

Booked the i20 Asta CRDi this week. Thanks to the positive feedback on i20 from fellow BHPians. Few cosmetic changes to the new i20 CRDi
1) front dashboard music system is painted silver
2) front grill has chrome plating like Honda Civic
3) 7 gears now including the reverse gear
Old 16th June 2010, 23:18   #86
BHPian

great guys get grey! me too! worried about that malfunction posted here
Old 18th July 2010, 09:25   #87

Second Service Costs 5000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post

The following was the bill breakup.

1) Consumables = 99.27 Rs
2) Wheel Weight Clippons (not sure what these are, the service attendant said something, which I could not figure out) = 224 Rs.
3) Filter cartridge = 888 Rs.
4) Filter Air – Cleaner = 304 Rs. [This part looked pretty neat when he returned it to me]
5) Service KIT-OIL filter = 345.73 Rs.
6) Wheel balancing and wheel alignment = 645 Rs

+ VAT @13.5% and Service Tax.
The final amount was 2824/-
Was blown away to see that you just paid close to 3k in your normal second service. I had to shell out a over 5k for mine. Following is the breakup:
  • Summer Windscreen: 89.60
  • Hyundai CRDI Engine Oil: 1110.27
  • Consumables: 98.96
  • Weights for W/B: 268.81
  • Filter Cartridge: 1751.56
  • Filter-Air Cleaner: 304.05
  • Service Kit Oil Filter: 345.73
  • Wheel Balancing: 280
  • Wheel Alignment: 355
  • Vat: 535
Total of Rs5139/-

Has so much of expense expected for an i20 CRDI every 10k? Is so much of change in equipments required?
Old 18th July 2010, 13:05   #88
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsom View Post
Was blown away to see that you just paid close to 3k in your normal second service. I had to shell out a over 5k for mine. Following is the breakup:
  • Summer Windscreen: 89.60
  • Hyundai CRDI Engine Oil: 1110.27
  • Consumables: 98.96
  • Weights for W/B: 268.81
  • Filter Cartridge: 1751.56
  • Filter-Air Cleaner: 304.05
  • Service Kit Oil Filter: 345.73
  • Wheel Balancing: 280
  • Wheel Alignment: 355
  • Vat: 535
Total of Rs5139/-

Has so much of expense expected for an i20 CRDI every 10k? Is so much of change in equipments required?
Well, I bought the oil (Mobil Delvac MX 15W40 cost 1050 Rs) from outside and gave it to the service center guys. So add that to my bill too. I am surprised that the Filter Cartridge price is more than double in your bill. You better confirm this once again, by going to the dealer, 900 bucks is a huge sum.

What is summer wind screen treatment? Never heard of it before.

I will be shortly posting my 12.5k kms report, plz stay tuned to that.

Last edited by rbp : 18th July 2010 at 13:06.
Old 18th July 2010, 14:17   #89

Price Confirmed :( Its correct as per Trident Bangalore

Quote:
I am surprised that the Filter Cartridge price is more than double in your bill. You better confirm this once again, by going to the dealer, 900 bucks is a huge sum.
I did the servicing with the Trident folks in Hosur road; spoke to them now to confirm the price. The cost is right is what they say.

Quote:
What is summer wind screen treatment? Never heard of it before.
This is nothing but the windscreen washer liquid

Quote:
I will be shortly posting my 12.5k kms report, plz stay tuned to that.
Eagerly waiting for that...
Old 20th July 2010, 23:37   #90
BHPian

The sunroof is like riding a bike WITHOUT THE HELMET! remember my YAMAHA RD 350! for 40K sunroof plus 5 airbags plus ABS+EBD! Its chicken feed guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks