Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 13:54   #46
BHPian

The scorp manual has these CAUTION lines "never add fuel system additives or cleaning agents. These may damage the system. These may damage the system."

The duplicated lines reflect the poor QC of the manual itself, but I am wondering if a lot of folks are using system-D, why would the manual say otherwise?
Old 13th January 2010, 14:01   #47
BHPian

tet,
did you check if you have those two pushbuttons in the glovebox?
Old 13th January 2010, 14:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
triedeverything,
check if there are 2 pushbutton switches in the glove box, on the top, if they are there then you can set the code.
OK, I did check the glove box. There is only one push button. From the manual this button is to switch off the audio (voice) prompts that sound if the handbrake is on, if the doors are unlocked etc. I'll try to post some pictures soon
Old 13th January 2010, 14:43   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
OK, I did check the glove box. There is only one push button. From the manual this button is to switch off the audio (voice) prompts that sound if the handbrake is on, if the doors are unlocked etc. I'll try to post some pictures soon
Great. Does this mean there is no more need to change the immobilizer code? I am confused now.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:48   #50
BHPian

tet,
how about the remote locking is it integrated with the key and does the remote locking come with a separate manual, coz i received a Nippon manual for the remote locking
Old 13th January 2010, 15:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Great. Does this mean there is no more need to change the immobilizer code? I am confused now.
Tini, this is one of the items on PDI sheet that I sent - I asked and they said it cannot be done. The manual and the CD which comes with refreshed scorp does not have the section which Raj had posted for non-refreshed mHawks. all I understood later on that each scorp has a diff IM code and the same (or hashed) code is on the key. There is no need to change it.

Quote:
tet,
how about the remote locking is it integrated with the key and does the remote locking come with a separate manual, coz i received a Nippon manual for the remote locking
AFAIK, Nippon Manual I got is for ICE (crappy). Can you please send this manual over PM (if digitized or indicate if available in the CD). Does it have anything more than what is in the owner's manual.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
triedeverything,
check if there are 2 pushbutton switches in the glove box, on the top, if they are there then you can set the code.
Sanscorpio - can you post a picture of this thing - I seem to have three push button slots but only one push button deployed which is for VMS settings.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:51   #53
BHPian

@ adzegeek,
will send u the manual later tonite, as also the pics of the switches. the Nippon manual has more info about troubleshooting and setting the code of the immobiliser.
Got the info that the VLX versions had the chip on key with unique codes for each vehicle which are factory set and cannot be changed, the SLE's even the refreshed ones didnt have this. But on a recent visit to the service center heard that the newer batch of SLE's get the unique code keys which also happens to be tied in with the twin pod instrument cluster. so i guess new twin pod cluster = no changeable code for immobiliser.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:58   #54
BHPian

Here are the pics. Though there are three slots, only one button
My new Scorpio MHawk: Initial report-13012010055.jpg
My new Scorpio MHawk: Initial report-13012010056.jpg
Old 13th January 2010, 21:32   #55
BHPian

2 pushbuttons

hey guys, heres the pics of the 2 pushbuttons in the glovebox.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Scorpio MHawk: Initial report-dsc00202.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 21:36   #56
BHPian

So am I missing a button or does San have an extra one?
Old 13th January 2010, 21:40   #57
BHPian

guess they give me one more button and you more security
Old 13th January 2010, 23:13   #58
BHPian

sanscorpio - so your SLE have voice message alerts (most powerful vehicle, fuel empty warning, seat belt, door open warning) - and if yes, where is the push button to deactivate/re-activate those?
Old 14th January 2010, 07:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
sanscorpio - so your SLE have voice message alerts (most powerful vehicle, fuel empty warning, seat belt, door open warning) - and if yes, where is the push button to deactivate/re-activate those?
yes some guy keeps saying all those messages and the switch on the left in the glovebox if for the VMS reset. the one on the right is for the security system.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good. so my confusion is cleared now. since there is only button in the refresh scorpio now (which is for the voice assist system), the code in the new scorpios cannot & need not be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
yes, all new scorpios may be coming with a unique for the RFID tech.

Quote:
So am I missing a button or does San have an extra one?
you are just lucky that your car is much more safer & there are lesser chances of yours getting stolen.

Quote:
guess they give me one more button and you more security
good one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks