Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 20:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

nice. isnt 8000 on the higher side? but what are they doing with the bosch ?
Old 19th February 2010, 21:45   #122
BHPian

That's because it is the premium brand they have. I know Vkool has a similar model that costs 7500. In the demo, they switched on one of those powerful lights and kept some sort of meter to measure the heat. Without any obstruction, the heat measured 1500 watts at a certain distance. They then insert a glass that has been pasted with each variety of film. The Klar 70 brings the reading down to 220! That is almost a 85% reduction. However, the company claims a conservative 70% reduction. Even if you look hard, you can't really say the windshield has been covered with film.

That is a bosch heat gun. Basically here is what they do. They cut the film to dimensions that are a little larger than the windshield. Before that they thoroughly clean both surfaces of the windshield. On the clean outer surface, they spray a dilute cleaning agent. The film is spread over the wet surface and the heat gun is used to get it into shape. Air trapped beneath is gently guided out using special rubber pads. Once the film is spread without any air bubbles, etc, the installer uses a blade and cuts off the excess film on the sides. He makes sure he has cut around the rear view mirror area - basically using a tracing paper approach.

Then he peels it off the outer surface, removes the plastic to reveal the adhesive surface. He then sprays the inside of the car with the same solution and spreads the film that was cut to match the profile inside. He then goes on to painstakingly remove the air bubbles, uses the gun from the outside on the edges all the while easing out any ridges of air -- and viola we are good to go.

Last edited by triedeverything : 19th February 2010 at 22:05.
Old 20th February 2010, 08:20   #123
Senior - BHPian

Sun film for INR 8000 is for the front windshield only, right? Any idea on how much Huber Optik costs for all windshields, including rear?
Old 20th February 2010, 11:30   #124
BHPian

Yes that is only for the front windshield. The sides were already covered with 3 M. I didn't know about this brand then. You can call them and find out. The rates vary for each car.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:44   #125
BHPian

Upgraded the ICE this week. Read about it here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1814723
My audio warnings have stopped after the install. I've read a similar complaint from Riju after he upgraded his Scorps ICE. Any ideas?
Old 1st April 2010, 10:01   #126
Senior - BHPian

hey buddy, i have upgraded my scorpio's ICE too. the audio warnings are still working in my car.

the audio warnings are basically heard from the front right speaker. what the system does is lower the volume of the remaining speakers so that the message can be heard from the driver side speaker.

i feel you would have changed the entire wiring coming to the speakers. what i did was, connect the new speakers to the stock wiring. thus my voice assist is still present.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:25   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

the audio warnings are basically heard from the front right speaker. what the system does is lower the volume of the remaining speakers so that the message can be heard from the driver side speaker.
How about putting a cheap speaker on drivers side just for for Audio warnings connected to Stock wire and then you can fit the wiring of your choice ( means 1 extra speaker) , Anyway speaker wiring upgrade is a big scam but just in case someone is keen on putting monster cables to spend that extra money hurting their pockets.

Last edited by amitk26 : 1st April 2010 at 11:27.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

alternatively, you can just use the stock wiring for the driver side speaker & use your new cables for the rest of the speakers.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i feel you would have changed the entire wiring coming to the speakers. what i did was, connect the new speakers to the stock wiring. thus my voice assist is still present.
With an amp and new wiring installed its a headache to get this thingy working. I spent 3 hours at the garage some time back and it wasn't worth the time.

There was noise from my compo's which was very irritating. Also if your system is designed for SQ, even at low volume its next to impossible to decipher what the mesg was.

I decided it was better to take a look at the chicks in town than listen to the lady on the voice assist .
Old 1st April 2010, 14:05   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I decided it was better to take a look at the chicks in town than listen to the lady on the voice assist .
You have a LADY assist? A LADY??
Humphrph! In my car it was a guy.
Actually the voice assist is useful, especially for people like me who are absent minded (stopped looking at chicks after getting married - my wife reads this you know) sometimes and leave the handbrake on. Even the warnings on the low oil, low pressure, etc are equally useful.

Raj, I don't think I can use the stock wiring as the wire has to go to the amp before it comes to the speaker. Are you sure it is only the front right speaker? In that case, I could use that suggestion (excellent one Amit!) on adding another speaker for the absent minded professor.

Another thing I'm gonna really miss is the ability of the Nippon to continue to play through the engine start stop routine. Any ideas on how to make sure the system does not start again when the car is restarted? The JVC takes such a long time to breathe again, I'll have to thinking of mouth to mouth and electric shocks in that time!

Last edited by triedeverything : 1st April 2010 at 14:18.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:58   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
even in my car, its a guy!

Quote:
Raj, I don't think I can use the stock wiring as the wire has to go to the amp before it comes to the speaker. Are you sure it is only the front right speaker? In that case, I could use that suggestion (excellent one Amit!) on adding another speaker for the absent minded professor.
hey, even i have an amp & even i have changed the front speakers to components. but my car's voice assist is working fine.

in my car, its only the front right speaker.

i am talking about keeping the stock wiring for the front components. all the other wiring can be changed. let the amp have the new wiring, as long as you keep the wiring coming to the front comps stock, i dont think there should be a problem. because i think the stock wiring to the front right speaker has an extra input which comes from the VAS. this must have been overlooked by your installer & probably he just connected the amp to the speakers thereby disconnecting your VAS.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:21   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
I think RJ's speaker burnt and the guy's voice now squeaks
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:08   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think RJ's speaker burnt and the guy's voice now squeaks
Yeah it was a lady's voice and I was quite surprised when I found out that my colleague's Scorp's Voice Assist had a male's voice.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:10   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I got a gay scorpio too. Mine is a guys voice too. All though I laugh at the first message of the day which is Welcome to your scorpio, a very powerful vehicle blah blah". I find the other messages especially the hand brake one very useful.
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:21   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I got a gay scorpio too. Mine is a guys voice too. All though I laugh at the first message of the day which is Welcome to your scorpio, a very powerful vehicle blah blah". I find the other messages especially the hand brake one very useful.
And the reason for that is the handbrake never disengages fully on release

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks