Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 23:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats drdeepudev,
Welcome to Linea Club.
Reverse Sensor (AutoCop) is now available in TASS itself.Please check with them.
It's nice buy and won't affect warranty if any.
Enjoy and Drive safe
Today I had a talk with the service manager regarding this. He replied in positive. I should wait for another 1 week for getting it done due to unavailability. Finally, I think im going to get it.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:17   #47
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Could not update the phone book. What can be the reason? Message reading facility could not be supported by my phone model. Could you guys suggest some model which supports both facilities.
Most of Nokia mobiles do not support message reading facility. I have Nokia 7210 Supernova which has automatic phonebook updating facility, but does not have sms reading facility. Many Sony Ericsson mobiles have 100% compatibility including message reader and automatic phonebook updating facilities. Here is the link which gives complete list of mobile phones about their compatibility:

Fiat Blue&me

Old 17th January 2010, 10:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Linea comes with Blue and Me version 5.3 in india. It can be updated to 5.4 version which adds more compatibilty with more mobiles and it is still evolving

Have you updated?
Old 17th January 2010, 13:45   #49
BHPian

Hey Doc, looks like you'll soon be a technology geek, thanks to FIAT and Microsoft Automotive. Hope this link http://www.spoelstrait.nl/BluMeUSB/ will be helpful for you for song playlists. I got this link from geeash's thread posted by aks_karthik. For more details, refer page http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-last-57.html
Old 17th January 2010, 21:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Most of Nokia mobiles do not support message reading facility. I have Nokia 7210 Supernova which has automatic phonebook updating facility, but does not have sms reading facility. Many Sony Ericsson mobiles have 100% compatibility including message reader and automatic phonebook updating facilities. Here is the link which gives complete list of mobile phones about their compatibility:

Fiat Blue&me
Thank You Ravi for the link. As per that N73 doesn't support message reading facility. But it supports contacts updating. Il try it manually as per the link and let you know. The funny part is, I was using a Motorola SLVR L7E, which I gave to my brother 2 months back. That model supports both these facilities.. Let me try it out with that.
Old 17th January 2010, 21:27   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Linea comes with Blue and Me version 5.3 in india. It can be updated to 5.4 version which adds more compatibilty with more mobiles and it is still evolving

Have you updated?
Not yet geeash. Could you suggest me a link from which Il get the information about this update. Have you updated yours?
Old 17th January 2010, 21:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsarath View Post
Hey Doc, looks like you'll soon be a technology geek, thanks to FIAT and Microsoft Automotive. Hope this link http://www.spoelstrait.nl/BluMeUSB/ will be helpful for you for song playlists. I got this link from geeash's thread posted by aks_karthik. For more details, refer page http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-last-57.html
Thank you vsarath. Will try it out. I have not tried USB yet. Hence no issues with that. I had read about the issue of non updating the media from geeash's thread. It worked rite. We will try it out once you reach home.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Ravi for the link. As per that N73 doesn't support message reading facility. But it supports contacts updating. Il try it manually as per the link and let you know. The funny part is, I was using a Motorola SLVR L7E, which I gave to my brother 2 months back. That model supports both these facilities.. Let me try it out with that.
mate the phone book is not updated automatically in nokia phones. there are 2 types of bluetooth phones . push and non pushtype. SE phones are push type and so they blue and me is able to pull the phonebook automatically. nokia are non push type as they are symbian

what you need to do is

1. keep the car stationary first pair the mobile

2. go to settings and phonebook and add contacks and click ok, the blue and me connection will be disconnected temporarily

3. in nokia n73 ( all n series perse) go to contacts menu and press options and do mark all.

4. again in same menu click on send business card and select via bluetooth

5. first it will convert all contact into business card and then search for bluetooth device . in the list select "blue and me"

6. you will see the contacts being sent to the car . MID will show Contacts :1,2,3 etc with click sound
7. after sending all your contacts the MID contact number will be stationary , then press the phone button on the steering to connect with blue and me again

7. n series phones which run on symbian does not support message reading facility. only SE phones are fully compatible

I have a n82 and it voice calling and recieving works just fine

regarding blue and me update 5.4

link

Yes i have replaced mine it is just a DIY procedure if you have a flash drive. the clarity seems to be much better than previous version

Last edited by geeash : 18th January 2010 at 10:08.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:43   #54
BHPian

Thanks geeash. Il try it out and let you know.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:20   #55
BHPian

343 kms last sunday- Linea, SX4 & Innova G.

Hi all,
Last sunday I drove the vehicle for 343 kms. Miles of pure pleasure. The trip was to athirapalli, vazhachal and few places in and around cochin and trichur. The driving conditions was mixed, including highways, heavy city traffic and highranges. There was an SX4 ZXI and Innova G as companions. Nothing to compare about as they belong to different genre.If some one asks to compare the performance, I would like to touch the few points like looks, handling etc. This is the opinion of mine and my friends. Im not comparing them seriously as there is nothing to compare about. Think like a layman does.
Looks : Linea scored better. Next came the SX4 and Innova (the big brother).
Handling : Linea was doing good in tight curves and u-turns. It pulled well. Next is Innova. Sx4 had problems with the powersteering. Vehicle is just 6 months old. It was getting stuck while driving. I wonder how my friend managed to come so far (a life threatening situation).
Back seat comfort (between Sx4 and Linea) : again its subjective. same persons travelled in both cars. Linea was scoring better.
Ground clearance : Innova and SX4 were the leaders. Linea came behind. The road to athirapaaly is very bad in some places.
This comparisons can be foolish, but as i have already said, just view it as a layman.
Problems I felt:
- I wish it has more ground clearance. Occasional grinding sounds from beneath.
- Is there any problem with wheel alignment? There was a pull to the left side while driving. What can be the reason?
Sadly I came up with a few scratches on the front bumper which Im planning to rectify on 3000km service.
Mileage:
Highway : 23.8km/L (with AC on 20c)
Mixed : 18.3 km/L (with AC set on 20degree C, average speed 41km/hr)
Im uploading few pics of the readings.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:31   #56
BHPian

Please find the snaps of readings on the day's drive. Pardon the low camera quality as it was taken on my mobile phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-17012010733.jpg  

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-17012010738.jpg  

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-17012010739.jpg  

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-17012010740.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 21:52   #57
BHPian

congrats dear,nice mileage. Keep it up.
Old 20th January 2010, 23:09   #58
BHPian

Good and honest feedback. Excellent mileage.
GC is one big concern and need to be extra extra careful.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:16   #59
BHPian

Wow! Nice FE you got. Does Linea MJD give better FE than Punto MJD because of VGT?
Old 21st January 2010, 13:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
- Is there any problem with wheel alignment? There was a pull to the left side while driving. What can be the reason?
There are very few level roads on which you can do this test to identify wheel alignment problems. Only if the pull is present on a flat road can you think about wheel alignment problems. Keep a watch on the front tyres.

Quote:
Sadly I came up with a few scratches on the front bumper which Im planning to rectify on 3000km service.
Hmm..

Just see what I got last Sunday:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1692361

Quote:
Mileage:
Highway : 23.8km/L (with AC on 20c)
Mixed : 18.3 km/L (with AC set on 20degree C, average speed 41km/hr)
Im uploading few pics of the readings.
Very good mileage.

From what I have read, the Lineas do not differ much in mileage from what is shown in the MID. Have you taken a mileage calculation with a tank to tank method?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks