Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 17:37   #61
BHPian

Hey nice pix. the boot is like a small apartment!! HSRP are high security registration plates. Check out my Cruze here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...t-5000kms.html I have it fitted on them.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:50   #62
BHPian

You are right, Those number plates are quite good.
And your car looks stunning too. Enjoy!
Old 16th January 2010, 19:46   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

great car and great review siva!

Did you get the floor mats (as seen in the pictures) with the car from the dealer or did you buy them after market? They seem to be covering the accelerator pedal, don't you find it uncomfortable to drive in that manner?
Old 16th January 2010, 20:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sivadas, congrats on the Laura. The 1.8 TSI is supposed to be a superb engine. I see that you have already clocked 2k+ Kms. How does the car feel at high speeds, please do tell us. Also wanted to ask you whether you have been able to use the 6th gear till now ?
Old 17th January 2010, 00:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
How does the car feel at high speeds, please do tell us. Also wanted to ask you whether you have been able to use the 6th gear till now ?
Very easy to shift through to 6th at speeds as low as 60-70kph. Gets your FE to decent levels. I own a TSI and haven't pushed it beyond 110 as I have clocked only 1100 kms as of now. For the record , you dont even realize you are at 110, feels more like 60 , its quite stable. The moderate turns that used to put Optra roll badly are despatched with hardly any roll.
Old 17th January 2010, 17:45   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
great car and great review siva!

Did you get the floor mats (as seen in the pictures) with the car from the dealer or did you buy them after market? They seem to be covering the accelerator pedal, don't you find it uncomfortable to drive in that manner?
Yes, they are covering the accelerator pedal, and it is from dealer. They have promised to cut and bring to proper shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Sivadas, congrats on the Laura. The 1.8 TSI is supposed to be a superb engine. I see that you have already clocked 2k+ Kms. How does the car feel at high speeds, please do tell us. Also wanted to ask you whether you have been able to use the 6th gear till now ?
It is no were near 2K, just 250 only
Old 17th January 2010, 17:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Very easy to shift through to 6th at speeds as low as 60-70kph. Gets your FE to decent levels. I own a TSI and haven't pushed it beyond 110 as I have clocked only 1100 kms as of now. For the record , you dont even realize you are at 110, feels more like 60 , its quite stable. The moderate turns that used to put Optra roll badly are despatched with hardly any roll.
Totally agree. Maximum I have clocked is 100 only. But it gives addictive thrill for sure.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:34   #68
BHPian

Spare tire a Donut?

Yesterday I was little surprised to see that my spare weell/tyre is still 15". I was under the impression that all 5 wheels/tyres got upgraded to 16''.

Checked with dealer on this and I was happy to here that this was a mistake and they are going to replace the existing one with 16" wheel/tyre.

Mind it, it is still not an alloy just the steel one
Old 20th January 2010, 12:15   #69
BHPian

Has any team member done a comparision between the Laura TSI and the old Octavia RS ? I mean an apple to apple comparision ?
Old 20th January 2010, 12:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Yesterday I was little surprised to see that my spare weell/tyre is still 15". I was under the impression that all 5 wheels/tyres got upgraded to 16''.

Checked with dealer on this and I was happy to here that this was a mistake and they are going to replace the existing one with 16" wheel/tyre.

Mind it, it is still not an alloy just the steel one
The 15" in the dicky must be a mistake. AFAIK, all Skodas come with steel wheels for stepny.

Cheers,
Old 20th January 2010, 19:07   #71
BHPian

One question slightly off topic though - I observed that tachometer are in 100s instead of 1000s. I recently observed the same in some other car(i forgot which car though :( ) and found it rather strange. It is not a big deal, i agree but any reasons why any manufacturer would prefer this dial to the normal ones ??
Old 20th January 2010, 20:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluundertaker View Post
One question slightly off topic though - I observed that tachometer are in 100s instead of 1000s. I recently observed the same in some other car(i forgot which car though :( ) and found it rather strange. It is not a big deal, i agree but any reasons why any manufacturer would prefer this dial to the normal ones ??
Probably because they are easier to read this way. Imagine reading 4.5 instead of 45. Removing the decimal point makes the face of the dial less cluttered.

Cheers,
Old 20th January 2010, 20:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Has any team member done a comparision between the Laura TSI and the old Octavia RS ? I mean an apple to apple comparision ?
I remember reading an article in BS Motoring (June or July edition) where they were doing exactly this. And they had following observations:

1. TSI was definitely faster on straights
2. On some twisty rodas, RS with wider/bigger tyres was able to catch up TSI with stock wheels/tyres
3. TSI is much more refined and smooth
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:45   #74
BHPian

Sivadas,
Thanks....i read the BS Motoring report on the net and yes the TSI will be faster as it is 45 kg lighter and 10 BHP more. The RS had 20 valves (5 per cylinder). Is the TSI also 20 V ? I think it is a 16 valver !
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:35   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Sivadas,
Thanks....i read the BS Motoring report on the net and yes the TSI will be faster as it is 45 kg lighter and 10 BHP more.
And also think of an additional 2-3 Kgms of Torque.

Quote:
The RS had 20 valves (5 per cylinder). Is the TSI also 20 V ? I think it is a 16 valver !
Yes you are right, TSI has only 16 valves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks