Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:00   #5161
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Hey guys, just got delivery of my ford figo & utsav number plates.

Now im wondering how to fix the front plate?

Any solutions?
Its simple, mainly because the black patch of plastic on the bumper is not that thick or strong. You just screw it in. Just center the plate on the area and when you are convinced that its centered hold the plate and press two screws in the holes on the plate. That will leave a mark on the plastic. Next up is what all screwdrivers and screws are meant to do, Screw. You do not have to exert too much pressure as well, the screw will sink in without any complaints.
But then since its a new car, get the guys at the showroom do it for you
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:39   #5162
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine bought a Figo TDCI and drove it down to Bangalore from Kerala. After reaching Bangalore, some sensor went kaput and now the car is with the service center for the past one week, waiting for the sensor to arrive from the factory. The service center is putting the blame on the bad sensor. Although the sensor will be replaced under warranty, i think the ASC is asking for the tax to be paid by the owner.

Any idea what precautions he should take next time choosing a bunk to fill up?
Old 4th September 2011, 11:12   #5163
Senior - BHPian

Regarding front number plate, what I've done is stick the white background sticker and numbers directly on the bumper rather than onto a board first and then screw it in.
Old 4th September 2011, 23:33   #5164
BHPian

I would Like to Know whether it is possible to Adjust clutch and Brake pedals in such fashion that they will come about 0.5" to 1" towards driver's seat. I am finding that I am seating too close to Steering Wheel and steering wheel brushes my belly while turning. I am 5'-5" and body structure is such that waist height is shorter compared to above waist height. I usually drive bear footed but if I drive with Shoes then I find steering wont touch me thats why concluded that 1/2" to 1" additional leverage will be helpful.

Another solution I have thought of is Adding extra rubber padding (0.5" to 1" thick ) on Clutch and Brake pedals. If somebody knows any such product please let me know.
Old 5th September 2011, 08:31   #5165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion
I would Like to Know whether it is possible to Adjust clutch and Brake pedals in such fashion that they will come about 0.5" to 1" towards driver's seat. I am finding that I am seating too close to Steering Wheel and steering wheel brushes my belly while turning. I am 5'-5" and body structure is such that waist height is shorter compared to above waist height. I usually drive bear footed but if I drive with Shoes then I find steering wont touch me thats why concluded that 1/2" to 1" additional leverage will be helpful.

Another solution I have thought of is Adding extra rubber padding (0.5" to 1" thick ) on Clutch and Brake pedals. If somebody knows any such product please let me know.
My wife is 5'3" and she has to pull the seat all the way front. My concern is that in the event of a collision the airbags are very very close and could cause injuries.

Last edited by rohing : 5th September 2011 at 08:32.
Old 5th September 2011, 10:33   #5166
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,

I am seeing a peculiar issue in my new ford figo tdci. I can feel the clutch pedal pulsating when fully depressed. The pedal is not shaking but i can feel a steady pulse like vibration when fully depressed.

The pulse synchronizes with the engine rotations.

what can be the issue? my car has run only 400kms.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 23:07   #5167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
My wife is 5'3" and she has to pull the seat all the way front. My concern is that in the event of a collision the airbags are very very close and could cause injuries.
Yes Rihing I do agree with you, there are other drawbacks too like cumbersome ingress and outgress, knees very close to dash etc. etc. But is there any way to solve this problem ?
Old 6th September 2011, 08:11   #5168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion

Yes Rihing I do agree with you, there are other drawbacks too like cumbersome ingress and outgress, knees very close to dash etc. etc. But is there any way to solve this problem ?
I really dont know of a good fix. The levers could be extended in old cars when they came out of the floor. I am not sure it makes sense in the current setup.

A friend of mine works around this by wearing thick heeled shoes. That would easily give you a inch or two extra. Not optimal but helps.
Old 6th September 2011, 10:28   #5169
Senior - BHPian

Indian made Ford Figo enters the Nigerian Market .. read on at Coscharis unveils award winning Ford Figo
Old 6th September 2011, 13:06   #5170
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I updated mine with Osram 90/100W...the performance is great! I used to struggle in the highways & in the rain (spotting unmarked speedbrakers in blore) and hence went for the update inspite of warranty issues. The result was very satisfactory. Also, I was advised not to install whitelights due to visibility issues in bad weather.

The only problem is the warranty. Recently my A/C fuse blew out..when I went to the SA to check what was wrong, they said the fuse blew out coz of my headlamp upgrade...heard similar things from my friends as well..whatever the problem they will point back at the upgrade.
Where did you do the upgrade and what was the total cost?
Old 6th September 2011, 13:56   #5171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Where did you do the upgrade and what was the total cost?
RGK, I got chance to Drive my friends Figo with 90/100W. I drove it at bout 8:30 PM, about 15+15KM trip on two lane Major District Road with lot of Oncoming traffic like Trucks, ST buses, Motor Cycles, cars with HIDs etc. etc. and there was small ghat section also. There were roadside objects like Bullock carts, Unmarked dividers, cyclists, pedestrians etc. etc. but weather was dry. The observations are as follows.

First time I was confident with Driving Figo at Night Time and could do 60+ on such roads. I could see all the objects and road ahead clearly even with High Beams of Oncoming traffic. One thing I noticed that Those high beams were not troubling as they used to do with Stock lamps in my Figo. However it seems that even Figos High Beam was not troubling Oncoming biker unless he comes to specific distance from Car. At that spot they start flashing lights. Once they pass that spot they used to stop flashing light and used to pass without "Warm greetings". Overall Confidence Inspiring drive it was.

I discussed with My M800 mechanic today morning and told him about the experience his reaction was "I was already telling you". He gave a budget of 1.2K to 1.5K for good branded relay, wiring and Osram 90/100W bulbs. But I am bit worried about Installing them from Roadside mechanic, He did a little bit study of Head Lamp cluster and told that there is need to Puncture some Caps to take wires in. Similarly I read somewhere that there are chances of Melting Reflector and fading of Front lens also.

So BHPians who have done this please put forward your time tested opinion on this and Guide about which set they used and how it was installed.
I do agree that warranty issues will be there but IMO Safety can compensate that. My first service is nearing I will discuss what warranty will be affected If I do this with Service manager during that Service.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:38   #5172
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<<But I am bit worried about Installing them from Roadside mechanic, He did a little bit study of Head Lamp cluster and told that there is need to Puncture some Caps to take wires in. Similarly I read somewhere that there are chances of Melting Reflector and fading of Front lens also>>>

@whitelion - Heard that in Coimbatore, the work was more professional. Thats why I asked Rohing where did he do it.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:42   #5173
Senior - BHPian

Mr Patil, actually the head lamps have a rear cover, so to route the wires the covers would need to have holes in them, its fairly simple but i am sure a dedicated person can do a good job as they would need to seal the holes after the install is done...
Old 6th September 2011, 17:37   #5174
Senior - BHPian

Yes, in figo, little bit of vibrations from the diesel engine filters through and can be felt when the clutch is depressed. This isnt any issue and nothing to worry about, its there in many diesel cars that i have driven.

This usually reduces with more kms on the odo (or you get used to it!)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
hi guys,

I am seeing a peculiar issue in my new ford figo tdci. I can feel the clutch pedal pulsating when fully depressed. The pedal is not shaking but i can feel a steady pulse like vibration when fully depressed.

The pulse synchronizes with the engine rotations.

what can be the issue? my car has run only 400kms.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 17:56   #5175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
I discussed with My M800 mechanic today morning and told him about the experience his reaction was "I was already telling you". He gave a budget of 1.2K to 1.5K for good branded relay, wiring and Osram 90/100W bulbs. But I am bit worried about Installing them from Roadside mechanic, He did a little bit study of Head Lamp cluster and told that there is need to Puncture some Caps to take wires in. Similarly I read somewhere that there are chances of Melting Reflector and fading of Front lens also.

So BHPians who have done this please put forward your time tested opinion on this and Guide about which set they used and how it was installed. I do agree that warranty issues will be there but IMO Safety can compensate that. My first service is nearing I will discuss what warranty will be affected If I do this with Service manager during that Service.
I have upgraded to 90/100 bulbs. And I am puzzled - why puncture anything? The new bulbs slotted into the existing holders just fine. Wiring kit and relay installation was simply a case of replacing existing wire and finding a place to mount the relay.

And, I have been using these bulbs from the past 9 months. I drive a lot at night. So far, no melting/fading etc etc.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks