Team-BHP - Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/75579-yet-another-skoda-laura-1-8-tsi-team-bhp-edit-now-sold-2.html)

Congrats Robi, You just bought one of my favorite cars. Wish i could afford one too now:)

Keep this thread alive with your experience and ofcourse lots of pictures and more importantly your experience with A.S.S ( Wish you will give all positives about that one)

Here is one thread i started a few days ago, you may find it useful to know more about your new beasty machine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-99-lakhs.html

Congrats.

32 PSI is the cold tire pressure set in my Laura 1.8 TSI. Also I fill nitrogen to avoid loss of pressure. For last 3 months there was only marginal decrease in tire pressure. Did nitrogen top up to 32 PSI last weekend before long trip to kerala.

My car completed 5000 Kms in 3 months and is running fine and smooth. In highway (NH7) it gives ~640 Kms on a full tank of petrol, am using regular Shell petrol or IOC premium.

Would recommend a tire upgrade to 205/65/R15 Michellin primacy LC (I have done this upgrade) and ride is smooth and road noise free.

Congrats Robi. Can't wait to check it when I am there :).

Congrats Roby.. We want pics!!!!

Thanks a lot people.

Drove around for 70 odd kms today. It was sheer joy, just waiting to complete the first 1500kms before unleashing all the power (keeping revs below 3500 for now..its hard though). Shall update pictures soon..going to Delhi for a few days hence the delay. Something I would like to add, I have seen a lot of people complaining about stalling the car at low speeds. i haven't had any such problem. Just make sure you shift to 1st at really slow speeds instead of 2nd (avoid riding the clutch).

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 1734975)
Congrats. Thats one hell of a machine you bought.
Can you tell me the variant name which is available at 11.99L ex showroom?
Is your model equipped with ESP & TCS?

Its the 1.8L TSi (only one trim available i.e. ambiente). Yes it has TCS/ASR

@Ardy: No I'm running stock wheels for now.

@Recshenoy: Well, I have a Fiesta 1.6. Just sold off my Alto LXi (really miss the little thing though)

@Mobike: Thanks for the link

Quote:

Originally Posted by hassanks (Post 1735821)
Congrats.

Would recommend a tire upgrade to 205/65/R15 Michellin primacy LC (I have done this upgrade) and ride is smooth and road noise free.

Is that a V rated tyre? I could not get any Bridgestone or Michelin V rated easily in December when I bought my TSI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 1734533)
Thanks guys.

@ragingbull: OTR was 13.25

@Ravich: My tyres were over inflated on delivery at an outstanding 49 Psi..brought it down to 32 all around. How much pressure are you using in your tyres?

32 based on recommended pressure in manual and sticker on car for light loading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravich (Post 1736326)
Is that a V rated tyre? I could not get any Bridgestone or Michelin V rated easily in December when I bought my TSI.

Yes, Michelin Primacy LC is a V rated tyre (load index 94). You can even check out Yokohama AVS dB (also V rated with load index 99). These are the options I am considering in 205/65/R15.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1735540)
Because the buggers are charging Road Tax & Insurance on the original ex-showroom price - 11.99 sounds real good but it essentially just translates to a 1 lac discount on the OTR price:D

Ok. Butt ..
13.65 with a 1L discount means 14.65 is the actual OTR. Even considering the original ex-showroom price of around 13.08 in Delhi, 1.57L extra for RT & Insurance sounds a bit on the higher side - that too considering NCR has relatively lower road tax? Would you have the breakup?

For eg, an approx 13L ex-showroom Civic V in Kolkata has a RTax of 41K + Insurance of 46K. Which is a total of 87K. Far less than 1.57.

Guwahati ex-showroom is 13.13. So a final OTR of 13.25 with a 1L discount, means original OTR was 14.25. Which translates to 1.12 for RT & Insurance.

@robi, could you please share the breakup of the 13.25L price?

Hey, congratulations! Welcome to the club!
I have done over 10000 kms in about 8 months on my FL Laura. There are many threads with tons of info about the Laura here on TBHP. You'll get answers to all the questions you may possibly have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 1736494)
Ok. Butt ..
13.65 with a 1L discount means 14.65 is the actual OTR. Even considering the original ex-showroom price of around 13.08 in Delhi, 1.57L extra for RT & Insurance sounds a bit on the higher side - that too considering NCR has relatively lower road tax? Would you have the breakup?

For eg, an approx 13L ex-showroom Civic V in Kolkata has a RTax of 41K + Insurance of 46K. Which is a total of 87K. Far less than 1.57.

Guwahati ex-showroom is 13.13. So a final OTR of 13.25 with a 1L discount, means original OTR was 14.25. Which translates to 1.12 for RT & Insurance.

@robi, could you please share the breakup of the 13.25L price?

The Insurance is around 51K while RT is 49K (1000 bribe for a decent number). The discount i believe is around 80K not 1L. I got the films and registration plates as well, so for a accurate break up I'll have to check the documents.

Congratulations @robimahanta!

I too bought the Laura Tsi - white colour. Looks fabulous.
Engine is a gem...this car is simply a pleasure to drive.

BTW, what's your chassis no (VIN)?
Ever since I got my Skoda, I have developed this new hobby of studying the chassis no./engine no. of Skoda cars in India - to see when the CKD was made in Czech Republic, what's the year mark on the windshield and all the glasses versus when the car really hit the showroom...:-)

Enjoy the drive...

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 1734308)
Took delivery of my Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi (White)today. Now I may be flamed for buying a Skoda after all the horror stories of Skoda service on team-bhp. But I just fell in love with the car after the first test drive and didn't look back. The dealership out here is of a friend of mine and he has assured me the best of service. I trust them and just followed my heart. I would like to thank quite a few guys from team-bhp who helped me with the purchase

Why would you get flamed? We hate Skoda's policies but love their cars. The Laura TSI is the best driving machine that 14 lakh rupees can buy today. Stonking performance with typically European ride & handling. I've had a couple of spirited TSI drives and always walked away with a wide grin.

Congrats! And since you know the dealership's owner, no worries on the service quality aspect.

Congrats.....one more TSI. May the TSI club increase and the Bad Skoda A.S.S tales decrease !!

Well, I have been in and out of Guwahati over the last couple of months. So I couldn't update the thread for a long time. Now the car has been driven just over 1600kms and it has been a awesome experience. Just had one long trip out of the city and the high speed handling was phenomenal..took her upto 160kmph and it felt as if I was doing 100.
Even in the harsh midday sun, cooling was more than adequate (puts to rest the questions regarding the ac being weak..maybe the icecool tints helped as well). Posting a picture from the trip to my grandparents place..

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-car.jpg