Team-BHP - Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/75579-yet-another-skoda-laura-1-8-tsi-team-bhp-edit-now-sold-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 2761737)
Wicked car gets more wicked! Great updates. Pete's is expensive, but they know their Skodas for sure. Enjoy!

Thanks. Pete's is expensive but they use really high quality stuff for all their upgrades. I checked the prices of the stuff they had put in the car and it was not much of a difference between the online price and what they charged. Luckily they didnt charge for labour and gave some cool discounts for me.

I need to take some decent pictures of the car but somehow I always end up shooting with my phone. After seeing all the modded cars at Pete's my only qualm is the wheel size in my car. But I need the ride height hence couldn't lower the springs or upsize to 17. Maybe the 225/50 R16 will be the best compromise.

The DIY Laura VRS :)
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0786.jpg

Congratulations robimahanta on a fine car and a fine upgrade.

I saw a similar upgrade in Auto Car last month. Is it similar to that? Also the convex mirrors have some sort of led lights in them? Is it for flashing along with the side indicators or has some other function?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2762037)
Congratulations robimahanta on a fine car and a fine upgrade.

I saw a similar upgrade in Auto Car last month. Is it similar to that? Also the convex mirrors have some sort of led lights in them? Is it for flashing along with the side indicators or has some other function?

Thanks. Autocar had a report of remapped Laura Tsi's in three different stages of tune. My upgrade is similar to the Stage I with a few things from Stage II.
The convex spot mirrors have LED's which flash alongwith the side indicators. It can also be set up to flash red upon braking and to flash rapidly while reversing. The following link will give you the details.

Upgrade Modules » Invented by Muth: Perfected by Muth

The rear of the car with VRS badging, team-bhp stickering and the subtle camera above the license plate.

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0787bw.jpg

clap: Great upgrades! And 25k kms is a good time to do it too. Is your car covered under Skoda Shield with the four year warranty or did you purchase your car before skoda introduced Skoda shield?

200bhp and 300nm of torque? Hmmm you are tempting me :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat
clap: Great upgrades! And 25k kms is a good time to do it too. Is your car covered under Skoda Shield with the four year warranty or did you purchase your car before skoda introduced Skoda shield?

200bhp and 300nm of torque? Hmmm you are tempting me :D

Thanks. Santosh
I got the car before Skoda started Skoda Shield
Maybe you can get the Stage II upgrade to over 300bhp and tempt me :-)

Wow, that sounds like a fantastic upgrade done very professionally by Peter. I had read the Autocar article on Peteing the Laura and was blown away by the potential of the upgrade kit. The Peted Stage 3 Laura IIRC does 0-100 in around 6 secs with 380 HP output and has a dual turbo. The price quoted quoted was astronomical which was not surprising considering the projected performance numbers.

200 hp with 300 Nm torque is serious output too. The numbers alone sound like a lot of fun. The VRs monicker at the rear is well justified. Drive safe and enjoy the experience.

Awesome! Im very interested in the bilstein suspension kit. Did it also come with coil springs that reduce the ride height? Im looking desperately to reduce the ride height and that ghastly gap between the tyres and the wheel arches. Would love to know if the bilstein suspension kit also came with lowering coil springs. Im looking to reduce to the height from 165mm to around 145mm. Im trying to get UK spec laura coil springs as their cars sit at 145mm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinj14 (Post 2762606)
Awesome! Im very interested in the bilstein suspension kit. Did it also come with coil springs that reduce the ride height? Im looking desperately to reduce the ride height and that ghastly gap between the tyres and the wheel arches. Would love to know if the bilstein suspension kit also came with lowering coil springs. Im looking to reduce to the height from 165mm to around 145mm. I'm trying to get UK spec laura coil springs as their cars sit at 145mm.

The springs are extra and they dont come with the shocks. I needed the ride height as I have to drive over some horrible roads at times, hence didnt go for the shortened/stiffer springs which will lower the height by 35mm or so. Pete's usually uses H&R springs, which are pretty high grade.
H&R Special Springs, LP

Mate the upgrades are awesome - How much time does the install and tuning typically take and did you have to drive to Cochin for the works ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoringlover (Post 2762650)
Mate the upgrades are awesome - How much time does the install and tuning typically take and did you have to drive to Cochin for the works ?

Usually it takes a maximum of 2 days to get everything fine tuned.
Yes, i drove down to Cochin for the installation.

Congrats, Awesome upgrades. clap:Bilstein B6 were installed in my Cruze last week. The difference is just amazing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 2761023)
Got rid of the DRL LED error completely by fitting some sort of a resistance to the circuit. The guys at Pete's are very thorough when it comes to skoda cars.
The thing encircled is what they added to the DRL circuit to make it error free
[

LED's consumes less power than the normal bulbs and is not recognised by the ECU. Is this the reason for the error? A resistor+ resistance of the LED should match the normal bulb's resistance.

Even with a power upgrade it does gives me some relief to see over 14km/l when driven with a light foot.

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0828.jpg

I am trying out a black roof thing on my car with vinyl sticker. Please let me know what you guys think, if it seems ok I am gonna paint the roof black to get a clean look. I know that the horrible picture doesnt do justice but I ll post some daytime images soon.

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0831.jpg

Wow, superb mods on the beast! The blackened roof is looking nice. Get smoked lamps and they will complement the roof nicely :D
Can you please tell me how did you change l/100 kms to km/l?
The service guy here couldn't do it for me. As in I know it is done through VAGCOM but he couldn't find it.

[quote=robimahanta;2760350]The 25000KM Upgrade

Decided to finally go in for a performance upgrade for the car. After a long chat with Peter (from Pete's Automotive), I got the following things done to the car:

Suspension : Bilstein B6 sport shock absorbers

Brakes : Tarox G88 Rotors with pads

ECU remap : Custom Code Stage I remap
(approx 200bhp power and 300Nm torque)

Exhaust
: Milltek Sport Cat back

And a few other small accessories which I ll update soon with decent pictures.

Regarding costs kindly PM

Initial impressions: The stock car was pretty decent but this upgrade has taken it to different level altogether. The mid-range is outrageous and the throttle response is much crisper. But the good thing is that it still behaves like a stock car when driven sedately.
Coming to the suspension, its probably the best part of the upgrade. The handling dynamics have improved considerably and its not as stiff as I thought it would be. The ride height is still the same as I am using the stock springs. The brakes need some time to set in so I will post an update soon after driving around a little.
The exhaust note is just an icing on the cake. Its not at all racer boy like but has a distinct sporty note.
Guess the car finally deserves the VRS moniker :)

Hi Robin
The Laura 1.8TSi is a fantastic car.
Have read thru your thread so must congratulate you on your writing and expression skills. Great review.clap:

25k upgrades at Pete''s is the way to go. Just a little bit of ''something extra'' which shall put much needed zing and plaster a smile on your face every time you flex that right foot:D

Have just taken delivery of my vRS last evening.
A drive down to Cochin is already materializing in the head :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 2796295)
Can you please tell me how did you change l/100 kms to km/l?
The service guy here couldn't do it for me. As in I know it is done through VAGCOM but he couldn't find it.

Thanks. Just change the country to Japan through VCDS,
once you open long coding helper its one of the first 4-5 tabs.

Thanks to Akshay1234 who helped me to figure it out

A few other things you might want to activate using VCDS
Cornering lights
DRL's
Auto Lock
Single button unlock of all doors

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketla2411 (Post 2796423)

Have just taken delivery of my vRS last evening.
A drive down to Cochin is already materializing in the head :uncontrol

Congrats on your car!
The modded VRS which appeared in Autocar April'12 running a Stage II tune was a brand new car. Just giving you ideas.:)