Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 22:46   #76
BHPian

Quote:
I have given here what I got. It definitely looks less from the figures quoted elsewhere for long distances. They say they average 120 (in different cars) and still gives excellent mileage. I definitely don't know how they do that.
For a fact FE drops significantly with triple digit speeds.(Air resistance increases by third power of speed)
So what FE figures others post are over optimistic.
Does manza has instantaneous FE meter?(In punto it shows upto an absurd figure of 50 kmpl while cruising in neutral.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:27   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Does manza has instantaneous FE meter?(In punto it shows upto an absurd figure of 50 kmpl while cruising in neutral.
Yes.. Manza does have instantaneous FE meter. It shows figure 25 kmpl while cruising.

Couple of minutes constant speed with very light foot on accelerator and you get the figure of 25 kmpl as instantaneous FE.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:07   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
For a fact FE drops significantly with triple digit speeds.(Air resistance increases by third power of speed)
Agreed.

Quote:
So what FE figures others post are over optimistic.
Maybe they are better drivers than me. Even at 100+ speeds, if we can get a good average speed, mileage would be better. Then again driving parameters and conditions differ.

The AC needed is totally different when you have passengers at back and that too makes a difference in mileage as well as the extra weight.

Quote:
As RDP Has mentioned, it has. In this it shows a maximum of 25kpl with no pressure on the accelerator. I have got upto 24.3 in the average section. I will try and see whether I can push it past 25!

Don't coast in neutral on public roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.P. View Post
Couple of minutes constant speed with very light foot on accelerator and you get the figure of 25 kmpl as instantaneous FE.
It reverts to 25kpl when you take your foot completely off the accelerator. The Scanguage shows 9999mpl which actually means that there is no actual fuel flow in such situations.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:57   #79
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

Again I have completed a long distance journey without using the horn.
trrk sir. That is an interesting piece of information.
Just curious to know how you manage to overtake without using the horn.
I too don't like to honk too much. But when I have to overtake, normally I checks the rear view mirror of the vehicle in front to ensure that the driver has seen my vehicle. If he has not seen mine or if he don't have the right side rear view mirror, I will honk.

This is a very detailed update on Manza just like your tata indigo marina thread .
Old 18th May 2010, 15:12   #80
BHPian

Really admire the way this ownership thread is progressing with its wealth of details. Kudos!!

Last edited by WindRide : 18th May 2010 at 15:14.
Old 18th May 2010, 19:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Just curious to know how you manage to overtake without using the horn.
I flash lights and usually wait for them to give way. If there is enough space on the right of the vehicle, with no on coming traffic or enough space ahead, I just go ahead.

I will be watching the front tyre of the vehicle that I overtake very carefully and will back off if needed.

It is risky, but, then like everything else, practice makes it easier to do.

Some very inconsiderate drivers also force me to overtake from the left on multi lane highways. I never ever overtake from the level on single lane roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
This is a very detailed update on Manza just like your tata indigo marina thread .
Thank you. The details are there for my reference as well as for information to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Really admire the way this ownership thread is progressing with its wealth of details. Kudos!!
Thank you.

After all the basis of the forum is to share information.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:14   #82
BHPian

Quote:
It reverts to 25kpl when you take your foot completely off the accelerator. The Scanguage shows 9999mpl which actually means that there is no actual fuel flow in such situations.
I drive around 6 KM on highway out of 15 KM of my total daily trip to office. While going home in late night with AC off, most of this 6 KM highway stretch shows 25kmpl, with slight variations in speed around 80 kmph and crossing three flyovers.

Rest of the road is make and break traffic so average FE displayed is 15.3 kmpl. Actual FE with full tank to full tank came out to 15.7 kmpl

No I do not know if Int FE on highway is really improved due to bs4 engine + bs4 diesel or some minor issue in Inst FE calculation.

Not body else reported Inst FE 25Kmpl so I presume Its minor tuning issue in Inst FE calculation. However average FE is more or less accurate so its OK. (chalta hain...)

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
While going home in late night with AC off, most of this 6 KM highway stretch shows 25kmpl, with slight variations in speed around 80 kmph and crossing three flyovers.

Rest of the road is make and break traffic so average FE displayed is 15.3 kmpl. Actual FE with full tank to full tank came out to 15.7 kmpl
With AC off, it would be easy to get 20+ easily. With congestion free roads and steady speeds it is possible to have 20+ even with AC.

The display seems to be relatively accurate and that is a good thing.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:

No I do not know if Int FE on highway is really improved due to bs4 engine + bs4 diesel or some minor issue in Inst FE calculation.

Not body else reported Inst FE 25Kmpl so I presume Its minor tuning issue in Inst FE calculation. However average FE is more or less accurate so its OK. (chalta hain...)

Cheers/
R.D.P.
In Highways if speed is maintained at 60 to 80 kmpl at 5th gear most of the time the Inst Avg shows 25 Kmpl in my BS3 engine QJT also . So it may not be BS3 or BS4 Engine that matters but the speed and gear in which you travel matters. But once the speed is taken to 90-100 Kmph then Inst Avg goes below 25 Kmpl. At 140-160 kmph it comes down to 15 kmpl.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drive around 6 KM on highway out of 15 KM of my total daily trip to office. While going home in late night with AC off, most of this 6 KM highway stretch shows 25kmpl, with slight variations in speed around 80 kmph and crossing three flyovers.
Our Manza is nearing the 10000 km mark, and I've found its average FE indicator to be fairly accurate when matched against fuel refills - so I'd expect the instantaneous readings to be reasonably accurate as well.

I think the maximum value that is ever displayed on the Manza's instantaneous FE meter is 25kmpl (At least I don't recall ever seeing anything more than that), so I'd guess that your instant fuel consumption for that stretch would really be either 25kmpl or any number higher than that
Old 24th May 2010, 20:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-13052010009027632191915.jpg

How are the headlights?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:09   #87
BHPian

Really informative Manza thread. Every detail is posted; so it kames a good reference for the folks in the forum.

Thanks for the details and keep going.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

How are the headlights?
Hi

For me, high beam is not working as it is supposed to.

After couple of unsuccessful visits to workshop, and countless hours of discussions, finally SA agreed that high beam is not beaming ahead but beaming down on road. SA created ticket (problem report or something like that). It seems that there is design fault in high beam.

SA promised me that he will give me a call as soon as he get update on the same.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:44   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

After couple of unsuccessful visits to workshop, and countless hours of discussions, finally SA agreed that high beam is not beaming ahead but beaming down on road. SA created ticket (problem report or something like that). It seems that there is design fault in high beam.

SA promised me that he will give me a call as soon as he get update on the same.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
I have a similar problem in my car and Windiesel also mentioned it in his thread. The high beam is pretty useless and I am pretty uncomfortable driving on highways at night. Asked my SA to adjust it in last two free services but no resolution. Please share if you find a solution. If I understand correctly, these lights have a big screw or something which just needs to be turned to change the focus of the lights. I might be wrong though. Even thinking of going to a local mechanic and asking him to fix this. Any thoughts gents?

trrk - did you make any modification to the headlights? Asking because you posted a picture for our comments!

Last edited by amit1234singla : 25th May 2010 at 10:47. Reason: Adding more details
Old 27th May 2010, 18:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Really informative Manza thread. Every detail is posted; so it kames a good reference for the folks in the forum.
Thanks for the nice words. The details are posted here as a reference for me as well as for anybody who could use the information.

Quote:
R.D.P.
The headlamp leveller works only with the dipped beams and the high beams remain in the same position. This is in my car.

So when the leveller is at 0 (for just driver, that is the position recommended), the bright is just as far as the dim light spread is and hence does not appear to give added spread.

The image I have put up is with the leveller at 1 and this is how I have left it irrespective of the load (here it was 2 of us) and here the bright actually shows a little more better.

Since I use the flash function for bright and generally run in dipped beam ( fine for the speeds I do), I am quite happy with the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
trrk - did you make any modification to the headlights? Asking because you posted a picture for our comments!
No modifications. I find the dipped beam highly satisfactory. This is a frame from a video. It showed the light properly and hence posted.

I generally stick to OEM bulbs for my cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks