Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 19:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I have a similar problem in my car and Windiesel also mentioned it in his thread. The high beam is pretty useless and I am pretty uncomfortable driving on highways at night. Asked my SA to adjust it in last two free services but no resolution. Please share if you find a solution. If I understand correctly, these lights have a big screw or something which just needs to be turned to change the focus of the lights. I might be wrong though. Even thinking of going to a local mechanic and asking him to fix this. Any thoughts gents?

trrk - did you make any modification to the headlights? Asking because you posted a picture for our comments!

+1.
Got my manza delivered day before and my impression is the same.The high beam is not powerful enough and has a very short range.
I plan to change the bulbs, any recommendations?
Old 29th May 2010, 12:20   #92
BHPian

Can you please comment on the FE figures of your car.
Old 29th May 2010, 19:29   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Can you please comment on the FE figures of your car.
Have you gone through the thread?

I have given quite a few that I have got.

Good mileage.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:43   #94
Senior - BHPian

I am getting the 12.3 figure as of now on the DIS and the full tank is about to empty. I was expecting a low figure in the start but this is low beyond my expectation!
Old 30th May 2010, 21:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am getting the 12.3 figure as of now on the DIS and the full tank is about to empty. I was expecting a low figure in the start but this is low beyond my expectation!
It is best to fill when it reaches a quarter tank. How much has it done since your refill?

A lot of factors go into efficiency. It would vary with car, driver and the driving environment.

If I restrict to town only use with AC on, it would be around 10 at the maximum that I would get.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

hey doc

good i noticed this thread finally. congrats on your purchase. i had been to the TATA showroom today. the Manza is the clear winner on space. If they only did better interiors, no one can beat TATA for a long time to come. I did feel the window switches etc were a bit flimsy really. The steering can also be better than what it is now, and the gear shift is something they have to really really work on. I thought the fiat gearshift was mated to manza, but it does not seem to be so.

Srik
Old 31st May 2010, 10:45   #97
BHPian

Well, I am getting FE in city for my Manza Diesel with 90% AC is around 14 to 15Kmpl as per DIS as well as my own calculations.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Well, I am getting FE in city for my Manza Diesel with 90% AC is around 14 to 15Kmpl as per DIS as well as my own calculations.
Same here. I have driven my manza in Delhi/ NCR for about 6000km now. Average FE so far as per DIS is 16.3. I think in realty also it's about the same. Out of 6000km, highway drive is about 1000km (so mostly local). 16.3 is average so far which includes first two months of drive w/o AC (feb and mar). Latest FE 100% local and 100% AC is about 14 in NCR. I don't think it's bad but I expected a little more than this. One of my colleague has a dzire diesel and is getting 17.5-18 (again 100% AC and 100% local).
Old 31st May 2010, 22:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
good i noticed this thread finally. congrats on your purchase.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I did feel the window switches etc were a bit flimsy really. The steering can also be better than what it is now, and the gear shift is something they have to really really work on. I thought the fiat gearshift was mated to manza, but it does not seem to be so.
Oh! I never had any problems with the gearshift. The gearbox is indeed from Fiat, but it could be that linkages may be different.

After 5000+ kms, all switches are working without problems and no rattles / squeaks yet and I hope it does well.

If you can make do with less space at the rear, a lower seat position and a higher price, you should like the Linea.

And in the hatchback lot, can try Figo. After a non stop 240kms drive across the Western ghats, I did have a good grin on my face.

Last edited by trrk : 31st May 2010 at 22:46.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:22   #100
BHPian

Question

Hi - can anyone please confirm if manza ABS equipped models have EBD or not. I think it does, but I am not so sure. Specifications list on Manza website says only ABS but when you look into features option, it mentions EBD as well. Please see the pic below. I was told that it has ABS and EBD when buying the car. Thanks so much.
Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 2873
Size:  977.5 KB
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:23   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Hi - can anyone please confirm if manza ABS equipped models have EBD or not. I think it does, but I am not so sure. Specifications list on Manza website says only ABS but when you look into features option, it mentions EBD as well. Please see the pic below. I was told that it has ABS and EBD when buying the car. Thanks so much.
Attachment 359591
Yes it is equipped with EBD. The stupid tata people don't even know to advertise properly.And i pity the poor knowledge less salesmen is not even aeare of what EBD is.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Doc, I somehow missed this thread - been away for a while. Congrats on your Manza and also on the Figo- so it is an all diesel stable once again

wishing you many miles of happy motoring.

Himanshu
Old 15th June 2010, 17:44   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Doc, I somehow missed this thread - been away for a while. Congrats on your Manza and also on the Figo- so it is an all diesel stable once again
Thanks. Yes, it is an all diesel stable with the Marina still keeping company with the others.

What do you drive these days?
Old 16th June 2010, 10:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

What do you drive these days?
I am currently driving a white SX4 ZXI for the past year. I bought it in Hyd and am currently based in Mumbai (let me know if you travel to Mumbai- we will surely meet). great car, very well built and excellent both in the city and highway.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I am currently driving a white SX4 ZXI for the past year. I bought it in Hyd and am currently based in Mumbai (let me know if you travel to Mumbai- we will surely meet). great car, very well built and excellent both in the city and highway.
Ok. Yes, the SX4 is indeed a good car.

Me, travelling! Only family outings mainly to temples in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Writing this from a small town near my village in Tamil Nadu, attending a temple festival. Alone. Daugter just into Plus One. tuitions, entrance coaching and the like, tight for two years. Chances of coming to Mumbai very rare.

God willing, we'll meet somewhere, sometime!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks