Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 14:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
OTR including everything came close to INR 1.5M. The only freebies from Nandi toyota was a box of tissues.
I also have a Vx Innova (8 seater), silver in colour and I too picked it up from Nandi around Sep last year. My observations were based on the limited experience I had driving the same. But whatever said and done, it is a fantastic vehicle to drive and move around irrespective whether you are in the city or on the highway. My wife too finds it easy to operate though her regular drive is a Santro.

Nandi people little to conservative wrt to freebies. They were kind enough to gift me a Key Chain. But I made the mistake of going in for the smiles package though my calculations were telling me not to go for it.

Congratulations, drive safe.

Last edited by RSimonS : 5th April 2010 at 14:34.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
I also have a Vx Innova (8 seater), silver in colour and I too picked it up from Nandi around Sep last year. My observations were based on the limited experience I had driving the same. But whatever said and done, it is a fantastic vehicle to drive and move around irrespective whether you are in the city or on the highway. My wife too finds it easy to operate though her regular drive is a Santro.

Nandi people little to conservative wrt to freebies. They were kind enough to gift me a Key Chain. But I made the mistake of going in for the smiles package though my calculations were telling me not to go for it.

Congratulations, drive safe.
Well, I also got a Key chain, box of tissues and a calendar - if you can call them freebies.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:57   #33
BHPian

Congrats on Innova Sir, I too driving the same color and model from 1 year now done 20000 kms.
All things ok, so any plans to upgrade tyres. I am running on 225*60*15 Yokohama C-drive. Its really enhance the looks with ride quality.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Congrats on Innova Sir, I too driving the same color and model from 1 year now done 20000 kms.
All things ok, so any plans to upgrade tyres. I am running on 225*60*15 Yokohama C-drive. Its really enhance the looks with ride quality.

Hi,

How much did the tyre upgrade cost you? Did you change the rims as well?

regards,

Nitin.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Reverse Sensors

Hi,

I was on my way to the office and I ended up taking a wrong turn to one of the by-lanes which was blocked at the other-end exit.

I had no other option except to reverse in the narrow lane.

Luckily for me there was an apartment on my RHS, with some space left from the road that enabled me to make a right and reverse without much hassle.

This was when I noticed the reverse sensors are quite efficient. As I was reversing, a couple of bikes passed by and the sensor triggered instantly.

I also noticed though there are only two sensors, they're quite effective, initially quite doubtful, I used to get out of the car and check the gap at the back of the vehicle myself.

The reverse sensors not only sensed objects at the rear side but at the corners as well, quite effective even if there are pillars behind the vehicle.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition. Very neat car

I am a bit surprised though as to why they say Indian Oil is better than Shell. Shell is far superior in quality and should not result in Black smoke whatever. Other Innova owners filling at shell can confirm
Old 6th April 2010, 17:18   #37
BHPian

congrats on your purchase. The color that you hace chosen, IMO, is one of the best suited for the innova. You mentioned that you had also considered the fortuner ,and your innova cost you 1.5 M OTR , so what is the OTR price of fortuner. I thought the fortuner costed much more than the innova.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
congrats on your purchase. The color that you hace chosen, IMO, is one of the best suited for the innova. You mentioned that you had also considered the fortuner ,and your innova cost you 1.5 M OTR , so what is the OTR price of fortuner. I thought the fortuner costed much more than the innova.

Hi,

The Fortuner would be around 2.2-2.4M! which is about 700-900K higher than an Innova.

Nitin.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

First Week Experience

Hi,

I've now had the Innova for one full week, as on today!

The car is run for about 180Kms during this week.
The engine has come a lot smoother and silent. I'm driving at not more than 60kph and the rpm never exceeds 2000. I always adhere to these till the vehicle completes about 1500kms on the ODO.
The fuel economy I'm now getting is between 9-11.7 in city riding with air-con ON.

Positives so far:

Good Pickup and engine power.
Good build quality.
Spacious and feature rich.
Excellent turning radius and maneuverability
Parking sensors performing better than expected with just two sensors

Negatives:

The length of the gear lever is longer than required.
Airconditioner capable of working without the engine running, i.e. on the battery. I feel this is a drawback as sometimes one can accidentally turn the a/c ON and have the battery drained. Just picture yourself going to the shop with your children or a novice in the car who switches ON the a/c while you're away. You'd return to find the battery drained.

Suggestions:

Climate controls buttons on the steering wheel as well.

Last edited by nitinbose : 8th April 2010 at 12:01. Reason: Text formatting not appearing, so removing them.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Engine noise above 85kmph - not sure, so far, not observed. This could also arise from external factors such as type of the road, wind drag etc., which could introduce some strange noises.

As for the gear lever behavior, do understand its a characteristic of a diesel engine and above all this is a 2500cc engine.
Congrats Buddy on you new car. Looks like you took delivery from Hosur Road

Anyways, 2.5L engine of Innova is massive. Try this when you get time.
Start the car, leave it idle, and just blip the throttle, the whole car shakes up a bit, and it can be quite felt..

Being a diesel, the vehicle produces quite a lot of noise. Def. not as quiet as a corolla (or our old zen, for that matter). But this baby is pretty awesome on highways, good for 160Kph regardless of how many people are in the car.
Recently (In jan), we have covered about 1500Kms over a span of 3 days (2days traveling with 1 day break) without any issues what so ever (Driven by me and my dad taking turns from Calicut,Kerala to Bangalore to Mumbai).

I hope you do some justice to your car, and do some family outings with long distance traveling
Old 8th April 2010, 12:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Airconditioner capable of working without the engine running, i.e. on the battery. I feel this is a drawback as sometimes one can accidentally turn the a/c ON and have the battery drained. Just picture yourself going to the shop with your children or a novice in the car who switches ON the a/c while you're away. You'd return to find the battery drained.
Are sure on this one? Its perhaps only the blower. Sure the AC indicator may be on, but you need the engine running to work the compressor. Atleast thats how it is on our innova ( Same, Type2 Innova, diesel one with Captains chair and automatic climate control).

But yes, if your blowers are running they will drain the battery. But your compressor is not working, so you will get good air circulation, no cooling.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post

Start the car, leave it idle, and just blip the throttle, the whole car shakes up a bit, and it can be quite felt..

Being a diesel, the vehicle produces quite a lot of noise. Def. not as quiet as a corolla (or our old zen, for that matter). But this baby is pretty awesome on highways, good for 160Kph regardless of how many people are in the car.
Recently (In jan), we have covered about 1500Kms over a span of 3 days (2days traveling with 1 day break) without any issues what so ever (Driven by me and my dad taking turns from Calicut,Kerala to Bangalore to Mumbai).

I hope you do some justice to your car, and do some family outings with long distance traveling
Hi,

Its RSimonS who had this challenge, I've not observed such a behavior.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are sure on this one? Its perhaps only the blower. Sure the AC indicator may be on, but you need the engine running to work the compressor. Atleast thats how it is on our innova ( Same, Type2 Innova, diesel one with Captains chair and automatic climate control).

But yes, if your blowers are running they will drain the battery. But your compressor is not working, so you will get good air circulation, no cooling.
Quote:

Yes, I'm positive on this. Infact that's the first informative warning I'd obtained from Nandi Toyota Salesperson, Prasanna. He'd even demonstrated this.

Mine seems very silent, comparable to a petrol engine, which also surprised me as the thought of a diesel engine reminds me of the canter!

Last edited by nitinbose : 8th April 2010 at 16:33.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Missing Headlight "ON" Alarm

Hi,

One more part I find strange is the absence of an alarm that warns you if your headlamps are turnd ON and you switch OFF the engine to alight/park.

This would not be a challenge if you're parking in a dark/less-bright place where you may notice, but an open car park may pose a problem and you may leave your car parked with the headlamps ON.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:55   #45
BHPian

Congrats for Innova

Congrats for your Innova.I have purchased Innove GX-Diesel on 15th August 2009(The auspicious day for any shopping!!).I have driven it for 10k till date and is due for 2nd servicing now.

One of the finest possession I have till date and I love my Innova.I drive it thru' narrow lanes in Pune and my friend wonder how this is possible.But,once you get used to this lovely piece of engineering,you will not like to part with it...Believe me.Keep it in immacculate condition and it will serve you for your lifetime.My family prefers Innova over any other car now.

Cheers and best of luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks