Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 17:01   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
@All:Is there a trip comp in the RS for displaying instantaneous fuel consumption?And how do the "rain sensing" wipers work in the RS?
Yes there is.Its displayed liter per 100 km.You can scroll through the display.It right hand wiper switch there are two switches for scrolling.Scroll through as the display changes each time.

I have attached the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Octavia vRS for Octane1002..Finally;)-p1010102gfh.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 17:10   #77
BHPian

@Hafi:Thanx a lot man.I'll check it out in the evening.

Also, I jus wanted to know where to fit strobes in the headlight assembly.Its a lil flashy but then I'm a lil fascinated with the strobes.Is drilling a hole advisable?I plan to go in for the Streeglow pro series(set of 4 u-shaped bulbs).Is replacing the parking light an option?
Old 17th May 2010, 16:34   #78
BHPian

I personally feel you should even avoid the strobes. For starters, they are not legal and secondly, they could blind/ distract other drivers/ road users.
Old 17th May 2010, 16:49   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
OMG! you got an RS for 5.3 lacs? and here i am, searching, and don't find one below 7 lacs, and all in bad shape! you are lucky! Congrats.
hi just now sold my rs for 4 lacs black colour
Old 19th May 2010, 09:03   #80
BHPian

@pedal2metal:Strobes to be used for show purposes only when car is stationary.Its not that Im gona drive the car on roads with the strobes on.

@Binoy:It might be a different scenario in mumbai where prices are low.An RS in Mumbai would probably be more likely to be driven enthusiastically.Mumbai cars are generally Known to have rust issues after 3-4 years.A lot depends on the vintage of the car, the condition, the ownership history.Trust me, I'm told by many who've seen my car in person,that the price at which I got my car was an absolute steal.The car was used to chauffeur the principal of a Jesuit school.Need I say more?

Last edited by octane1002 : 19th May 2010 at 09:13.
Old 8th June 2010, 12:02   #81
BHPian

small update

Took the car out for a drive this sunday.I've noticed that the after the turbo kicks in the car pulls cleanly till say bout 4.5k rpm.After this there is a momentary flat spot, after which the turbo again kicks in and pulls cleanly all the way up.Was wondering if this is normal or if its the engine missing?
Also I was browsing through Briskoda and discovered that Skoda UK actually charges a premium of 410GBP(30K INR) for the black magic/metallic black paint on the Octavia.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hello Octane. Just came across your thread and then after reading it I was even more surprised that you were from Kolkata.
Has it ever struck you that the car was just meant for you and only you. I mean it was destined for you. I mean it ticked all the boxes of your requirements and that too at that price. May be the car got sold to the principal because some way or the other you were waiting for it. I know I am saying all crazy stuff but I am just amazed to hear such a wonderful story.

Finally CONGRATS MAN!!.
Destiny brother and only destiny.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th June 2010 at 20:58.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Also wanted to ask (since you are skoda owner now)..Which Skoda service center do you trust? I have no idea how many of them exists in Kolkata.
P.S: Sorry for the back to back posts.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th June 2010 at 20:58.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:08   #84
BHPian

@pancham:Thanx for the wishes man.Yeah I know the feeling brother, there was a lump in my throat when I was taking delivery, I was so overcome with emotion.

As far as Skoda A.S.S is concerned, there's only one in Kolkata- Jia Auto.I'd taken my car there for a general checkup and the experience was OK, as there wasn't much to be done.The car had been serviced 3 months back.They just replaced the rear door rubber beading as it had come loose and was creating a racket.Dunno what's in store for me when it comes to regular service though.Anyways, I'm sorta prepared for it.
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:40   #85
BHPian

Strobes Installed

Hi guys,

Finally got the StreetGlow strobes installed last week.Must say the car looks awesome even at standstill.Its all that I wanted my dream machine to be and some more.Black RS with Matte Black wheels and those strobes-KILLER.
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:42   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Finally got the StreetGlow strobes installed last week.Must say the car looks awesome even at standstill.Its all that I wanted my dream machine to be and some more.Black RS with Matte Black wheels and those strobes-KILLER.
Congrats, now its time for all of us to agree with you on the killer looks of Strobes. Pictures )
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:51   #87
BHPian

Octane1002:
The enthusiasm comes through every post of yours.
I can tell that you are madly in love with your BLACK BEAUTY.

Enjoy many miles and smiles with every kick of the turbo as it lashes the RPM meter to a new high (Pun intended!)

Well written and good read!
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

pictures man... i like the seats on the RS. they are amazing. how much have u driven it now?
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:36   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Black RS with Matte Black wheels and those strobes-KILLER.
Absolutely. And you know what, the, monsoon-mud-spray on the car, the day we met, made it look so even more ! Droool stuff.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:41   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats, now its time for all of us to agree with you on the killer looks of Strobes. Pictures )
dont you guys mean videos?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks