Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 16:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post

@Ram_NP but what made you choose ANHC ? was it because your monthly usage was less ? and yes torque is very additive.
Hope you have got your delivery today.

Yes, my monthly running is max. 1000 Km. Still I considered Verna Diesel, as I really liked the drive.

But the lack of Airbags and back seat comfort (comapred to ANHC) tilted the decision towards ANHC. Plus my wife's and daughter's first choice was always ANHC.

I did my sunfilm installation at Glix in Salt lake. You can check my thread for further details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...oving-h-h.html .
Old 26th June 2010, 02:47   #32
BHPian

@all thanks guys, been busy with something and the rains are spoiling my photo session but i managed to click a couple of photos. will write a review soon when i get sometime along with awsome pics. As a matter of fact i'm glad i did not wait for the new verna facelift i mean looks wierd and too korean, yes i agree mine is no civic but it holds it's own.

@sheel thanks old man Yes it's me bro, as for bikes well it will take a back seat till winter cause i hate riding during rainy season.
Attached Thumbnails
Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-24062010007.jpg  

Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-24062010010.jpg  

Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-24062010011.jpg  

Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT)-24062010012.jpg  

Last edited by Lancer.ized : 26th June 2010 at 02:57.
Old 26th June 2010, 04:05   #33
anb
BHPian

Congrats for the new car. Verna Looks good in white. Upsize the tyres to 195/60/R14, Michelin or continental
Old 26th June 2010, 08:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gibran! Finally another Verna joins the Kolkata tbhp chapter .

Do write a detailed first impression after a few days. Would be interesting to compare notes. And don't hesitate to ask for any clarifications.
Old 26th June 2010, 08:46   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the diesel club. These days lot of people are getting converted from petrol to diesel for 2 reasons. Torque addictiveness and pocket friendly prices at "almost" petrol like experience.

Verna in white looks smashing. Only downside is its handling is nothing to write home about. Do upgrade your tyres to wider ones that may help a bit in improving the handling.

Congrats and keep updating this thread with your experience
Old 26th June 2010, 09:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !!

I spotted what I think was 'your' Lancer a couple of times last month. Didn't know you had sold it off already.

If you have the budget, go for 195 tyres on stock alloys.
Old 26th June 2010, 10:52   #37
BHPian

Congrats Gibran! Enjoy the car and drive safe.

I hope the number plates are temporary and you will change it to the IND type boards soon. Should cost you approx Rs.1000/- for a set.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !!
Its a dream machine and I fell in love with this after taking my friends car for two trips about 1200kms each.

IMO, IND number plates will be a better choice.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:16   #39
BHPian

@shuvc well it's been almost a year when i sold my lancer and i had heard that the car is in siliguri. upsizing to 195 wont void my warranty ?

@MilesAndSmiles well i am getting those plates done soon, but i have been given an estimate for 2K for a set here.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@shuvc well it's been almost a year when i sold my lancer and i had heard that the car is in siliguri. upsizing to 195 wont void my warranty ?
No upsizing to 195/60 R14, keeping the alloys same, won't void your warranty for the cycle parts. However, one word of advice. The stock Bridgestone B250 185/65 R14s are good for any style of driving, trust me. They also have good wet weather performance. Mine have completed 25K kms and 2 monsoons and still going strong.

If you have to change them, I suggest you atleast carry them over through the monsoon, and then change. That way, your new 195 tyres will not have to bear the wrath of muddy potholed roads for atleast one season .
Old 27th June 2010, 13:18   #41
BHPian

Lancer congrats on the car. It looks lovely in white. Why did you not wait for the transform now that is has been launched?

I drove around 10k with the b250s and I could note the difference in ride quality and speed handling capacity between them and bigger tires. I would suggest that you dont delay an upgrade. xm1+ if your looking for comfort. contis or yoko if you want better grip. Decide between 60 profile and 65 profile. I think the 60 is better handling, and 65 is more comfort. The top end verna has 5.5J rims, so you should be good to go with wider 14" tires. If you want even better results, exchange your stock alloys for 6J rims
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:26   #42
BHPian

I could not find the 'ABS' badge on the boot lid of your Verna. Are you sure your Verna is equipped with ABS? My Verna SX came with the ABS badge just above the 'CRDI' badge, and I have seen later Verna's with a slightly smaller (as in the i20) ABS badge.
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
I could not find the 'ABS' badge on the boot lid of your Verna. Are you sure your Verna is equipped with ABS? My Verna SX came with the ABS badge just above the 'CRDI' badge, and I have seen later Verna's with a slightly smaller (as in the i20) ABS badge.
now there are only 2 models of the CRDI one with alloys (ABS), n standard steel without it. have already double checked
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:11   #44
BHPian

Sir , congrats on your car. please drive safe !!!
Old 5th July 2010, 12:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
now there are only 2 models of the CRDI one with alloys (ABS), n standard steel without it. have already double checked
Just check under the hood, near the firewall on the driver side if you can find the ABS module. It is black in color. If it is there, then your car has ABS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks