Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 01:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice video review buddy, i have TDed beat once and was impressed by the car. Have suggest it to at least two people who bought are very happy with the car. I think GM had launched the car at wrong time, its lost in all new launches. People have forgot about the car, i think GM should do advertisements little more aggressively.
Old 6th July 2010, 01:27   #17
BHPian

Snapshot set of Chevy Beat

1st, 2nd and 3rd pictures are from the dealer showroom area

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2254.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2256.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2260.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2262.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2263.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2264.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2272.jpg

I purchased 3M one package for car paint protection with a warranty of 1 year and Engine coating with under body anti-rust for a warranty of 5 years, which costed Rs 8K

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2380.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2382.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2400.jpg

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2401.jpg
Old 6th July 2010, 10:36   #18
BHPian

@KreativeGeek - I must say - very impressive set of video reviews and pics. Your BEAT looks stunning.

Are you planning on alloys? I definitely feel this car needs a good set of alloys!
Old 6th July 2010, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
@KreativeGeek - I must say - very impressive set of video reviews and pics. Your BEAT looks stunning.

Are you planning on alloys? I definitely feel this car needs a good set of alloys!
@quadmaniac - Yes i have planned some upgrades for my BEAT in this order, had a tight budget at the time i purchased my car have some other household decorum expenses on the anvil.

1) Tyre Upgrade ( Would consult GTO for this again, changed priority)
2) Speaker Upgrades ( again would be consulting team bhp members on this)
3) Seat Covers
4) Remote Lock (Dealer Quote - Rs 5800 for remote lock + engine lock + music system lock + car finder)
5) Filming
6) Alloy Wheels ( I asked for the genuine alloy set of GM, the dealer quoted me a price of around 12k-14k which is beyond my budget)
Old 6th July 2010, 12:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
4) Remote Lock (Dealer Quote - Rs 5800 for remote lock + engine lock + music system lock + car finder)
Whoa thats a lot of locks . I went for the basic Autocop remote lock from my GM dealer at Rs 2850. Do you really need the music system lock.. since its an integrated HU? And whats an engine lock? Same as a gear lock?

Quote:
5) Filming
Err.. don't you already have 3M installed? Or are you referring to something else?

Quote:
6) Alloy Wheels ( I asked for the genuine alloy set of GM, the dealer quoted me a price of around 12k-14k which is beyond my budget)
Same here. Plus the GM genuine alloys are good but not fabulous or something. Keep us posted if you find something good for 10k or less.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:02   #21
BHPian

[quote=KreativeGeek;19689631) Tyre Upgrade ( Would consult GTO for this again, changed priority)
2) Speaker Upgrades ( again would be consulting team bhp members on this)
3) Seat Covers
5) Filming
6) Alloy Wheels ( I asked for the genuine alloy set of GM, the dealer quoted me a price of around 12k-14k which is beyond my budget)[/quote]

Congrats KreativeGeek.
Wish you a safe and wonderful driving experience with Beat.

BTW me too owns a green Beat LT
Check out my review thread..

Regarding your upgrade plan,
1. There is seperate thread on Beat Tyre upgrade. I think that will help you.
2. I just upgraded my front speakers with JBL 4" co-axial. Yet to find a 4*6 for the rear. Will be posting the details shortly in my thread.
Check with alstonlobo for details on total upgrade.
3. I am yet to put a seat cover for my Beat. Pls post some pics if you happen to see any good seat covers for Beat.
4. Rs. 5800/- for a remote lock! . Too much for a remote lock!
I got Autocop for 2.7K along with Power wondow-auto roll up device for 1.4K.
5. Go for Llumar or 3M. Garware is also VFM.
Are you planning for front windscreen sunfilm?
6. GM alloys are very narrow(14*4.5J). If you are planning for tyre upgrade, it will be better to go for other makes available in the market(either 14*5.5J or 14*6J). I got my Plati-set of 4 for around 12.5K(check out my thread for pics).
Old 6th July 2010, 21:08   #22
BHPian

Really nice video review and pics dude..
Welcome to Beat Family..!!
Old 7th July 2010, 16:27   #23
BHPian

Was driving in rainy condition today. Tryes grip felt firm while driving, no problem with braking. got opportunity to drive in the 4th and 5th gear on a long stretch. The moment car odometer hits 80 on 4th and 5th gear it races real fast.

Also experienced some potholes and a road patch under repairs while driving through mundhwa village road towards Magarpatta, my Beat handled these rough patches without thuds and minimal body roll effect felt inside.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:16   #24
BHPian

any idea where in Pune can i find these speakers as suggested by alstonlobo

Rear speakers - Polk db641
Front speakers - Boston playsmart si403
Old 9th July 2010, 19:37   #25
Joy
BHPian

Congrats KreativeGeek, on your new purchase. Great Video review and pics. By the way, how's the oe music system?

I am also considering beat but torn between LS and LT (LT will stretch my budget but can manage). Guys please help? What would be a better option, to buy LS and put in a good music system, tyres, alloys, etc. or to go for LT and upgrade slowly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:02   #26
BHPian

@Joy, see if your dealer offers the BEAT LS Plus. It's a good compromise between the two.

See the following links for more info:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1858484

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1949499

However, if you can stretch, the dash of the LT looks stunning at night.. which wont be there in the LS. You can always upgrade speakers later.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:18   #27
Joy
BHPian

Thanks quadmaniac, for prompt reply.

Yes, my dealer has LS plus (though haven't seen it personally) which includes (according to pricelist):

i) Roof rail
ii) B-pillar Appearance treatment
iii) Dashboard & door trim in carbon finish (through Autocop) ??? Could not understand this.
iv) Body coloured OVRM with turn indicators.
v) Antenna
vi) 1-din music system with USB & pair of 4" speakers (through approved audio manufacturers e.g. Kenwood, JVC)

But I am skeptical about their fit & finish and also about their music system & speakers. Anyway, I have to buy rear speakers (most probably).

By the way, doesn't the BEAT LS & LT have the same dash? So, why is it different at night?
Old 9th July 2010, 21:27   #28
BHPian

@Joy, no they are different. The dash looks completely awesome in the LT at night. Since the LT has auto AC, it has a separate display, and that goes very well with the other blue knobs. See for yourself:

http://www.chevybeat.co.in/images/do...interior02.jpg

That's the LT dash. For LS, imagine ONLY the bottom row of knobs present. You dont get the integrated music system or the ACC display.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Congrats KreativeGeek, on your new purchase. Great Video review and pics. By the way, how's the oe music system?

I am also considering beat but torn between LS and LT (LT will stretch my budget but can manage). Guys please help? What would be a better option, to buy LS and put in a good music system, tyres, alloys, etc. or to go for LT and upgrade slowly.

Thanks in advance.
@Joy thanks for your feedback, i would suggest you to go for LT version if you can and go for upgrades slowly. In case you want to spend on accesories together along with car purchase then you can go for LS+ version.

Climate control feature was important for me, since pune summers are very hot so i went for the LT version.
Old 9th July 2010, 22:03   #30
Joy
BHPian

@quadmaniac: Thanks. This is really awesome.

I am asking you a simple question, what do you think should I go for BEAT LS or LT (LT will stretch but still can manage)? Pls consider VFM also?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I see BEAT's front in your avatar. Do you own a BEAT? If yes, which version?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks