Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Probably the mudguard or something irrelevant. No need to worry.
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Loose AC or alternator belt.
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:03   #63
BHPian

Same kind of metal sound comes from my car after driving in heavy rain, its from alternator bearing. Water enters there and it starts giving that sound. After fast speed driving water evaporates and sound is gone. Nothing to worry about.
Old 24th July 2010, 18:54   #64
BHPian

Thanks for the info guys, really got worried as i did not want to see my new beat go to the garage for any kind of repair so early :-)
Old 25th July 2010, 10:25   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Encountered a strange problem yesterday, was driving in rainy condition back home from office in the night, car started giving out some kinda weird noise from the left side of the front hood, felt like a metal piece dragging on the road and making a cranking sound, stopped first to look at the tyres if something was wrong there, but they were alright.

Then again the same noise started as i began driving again, this time it was louder i got tensed, and stopped again to see the car bonnet was not closed properly. Magarpatta security guys check the car bonnet also, and i ask them every time to drop the bonnet door and not press it. did not notice it was not closed properly

I closed the bonnet properly drove again on a strech still the noise persisted, but the moment i took the turn from mundhwa village road towards koregaon park road i drove at a higher speed and the nose faded away.

Any idea's why that noise came up, only thought that came to my mind was that possibly the bonnet door was open and rain water could have sprayed on the engine which heats up on driving, or could there be any other reason, since i drove the car again today morning also but no problem in driving or handling of car. It's running normally
This must have been a small stone or metallic wire getting stuck between the disc(rotor) and the protection plate on the disc.The gap between these two is uneven and very less and this noise can be very very disturbing.

Solution - just reverse the car approx 20-30 ft and all will be well.

Faced this problem thrice - on my Esteem in 2001,my Boss' Baleno a year ago and my own current Versa just a few days back - the formula worked well all three times
Old 26th July 2010, 16:01   #66
BHPian

FE improved to 13.73 on second petrol refill from 10.61 of first average recorded, tracking FE by trip meter now as suggested by Salbin still not going with full tank filling, would be tracking it from 1st July with that method

Noticed some noise at specific portion near the front right side power window while rolling down glass, car was stationery in the open and constant rain this weekend
Old 27th July 2010, 20:22   #67
BHPian

Help required, first scratch on my Beat

Brushed my car to the office parking wall today , luckily did not have much damage to color, still 2 scratches etched on the car now, one is faint other looks slightly prominent.

Would the scratch remover pen work on this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-27072010147.jpg  

Old 27th July 2010, 22:01   #68
BHPian

dude, I have ordered a stuff by the quixx which is used to paint correction. The initial reviews were extremely impressive. Let me try it on the hairline scratch on my bonet and provide you with the results.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:59   #69
BHPian

Finally the dealer goofed up on assured gold coin promo , which they informed me after 26 days of my purchase, i had confidence that this thing would be messed up for sure and have written a big mail to GM on this, the dealer staff now says the assured gold coin was for Spark, Aveo and Captiva i was only eligible for lucky draw offer.

My word of advice for new Chevrolet buyers, specially from Pashankar Auto, Pune
  • The sales staff here seems to be royally misinformed and be very careful in taking their word on things.
  • They are helpful in other matters and would assist you very well in your buying and the follow up later.
For GM all that i have written to them is i feel like a customer purchasing grocery from Kirana Store, BUY and FORGET. It's true that they are hampering a product with good potential with lackluster after sales service.
Old 1st August 2010, 09:27   #70
BHPian

3rd petrol top up done yesterday, FE improving gradually touched 14.50 this time. Driving in B2B Traffic under heavy rains with constant defogger on and A/C also sometimes within city.

I am trying all petrol pumps in my vicinity to settle with one eventually, this time 3rd petrol top up done from BP outlet at the entry of Koregaon Park road.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:03   #71
BHPian

at 750 Kms First Free check up due for my beat this Saturday, no hassles during the driving experience in the first month, suspension is really amazing never felt the impact of thuds while passing over potholes, under construction roads to my feet anytime.

FE is swinging currently between 13 - 14.50 with occasional use of A/C, driving in B2B traffic condition.

A question to Beat owners, what should be the strategy followed on DTE re-fueling, i am not able to judge the kind of mileage i can get when the yellow light on Fuel re-fill comes on and the last segment on fuel indicator starts blinking.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
FE is swinging currently between 13 - 14.50 with occasional use of A/C, driving in B2B traffic condition.
A question to Beat owners, what should be the strategy followed on DTE re-fueling, i am not able to judge the kind of mileage i can get when the yellow light on Fuel re-fill comes on and the last segment on fuel indicator starts blinking.
13-14.5kmpl in B2B traffic is a reasonable figure.
No need to go by the fuel empty warning. You may re-fuel well in advance. The indication is only a safety warning to avoid empty tank situation. IMHO the reserve is ~5lit - so you can assume how long it can be driven after getting the warning. It is always good to fill the tank to the full level(auto cut-off while filling) to reduce the evaporation loss(negligible), because the evaporation will be more in an empty tank compared to a full tank when parked under the sun.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:41   #73
BHPian

First free check up - ECU Re-map

Got my car serviced finally yesterday for the first free check up, completed 900 Kms now. I suppose the service center guys at Pashankar Service center, Dhankavdi have promptly done the ECU remapping.

My car torque has improved on 2 gear, a slight push and it races from 20 kmph - 40 kpmh speed in seconds with the rpm meter rushing post 3k range.

The car engine feels more responsive now, have to check what impact it would have on FE, have gone for Indian oil extra premium top up this time

Seems i am unlucky in my driving as my beat is getting small scratches here and there, yesterday also a biker trying to cut through in traffic at a signal near swargate brushed his mirror on the rear section of the car and left a small peel off of the 3m coating and a tiny black smudge on the color luckily no major damage
Old 20th August 2010, 14:52   #74
BHPian

KreativeGeek, do not worry about the scratch. It is common and you would need to digest it especially when it comes to owning and driving a new car in India. My new i10 is just 2 months old and I already have 3 bruises! Have to live with it! A touch up might be required if you can see the metal exposed.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:55   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
KreativeGeek, do not worry about the scratch. It is common and you would need to digest it especially when it comes to owning and driving a new car in India. My new i10 is just 2 months old and I already have 3 bruises! Have to live with it! A touch up might be required if you can see the metal exposed.
Quite true Mutantx, it's very difficult to keep the car untouched in city. It's all become a part of the city drive now. Cab drivers and city bus drivers are the best reckless drivers who contribute a major share of these bruises.

If the patches are not skin deep and you are a frequent city commuter then wait for a few more and go for touchup work to utilize the max for the penny you are going to pay for each patch works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks