Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 20:30   #91
BHPian

Man that is some bad wounds! Sorry about it bro, may it be fixed to the best possible extent.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:21   #92
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Today some vehicle has brushed heavily to the rear RHS section of the car as i parked my car in the external parking area of my office
Want my honest advice? Don't bother. Owning a car in India comes with some inevitable, necessary evils. One of them is frequent nicks & scratches. My Civic already has 3 , each of them when parked. Relax and enjoy the drive instead. Small dents can be taken care of every 2 - 3 years.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:55   #93
BHPian

yes GTO even i am thinking to ignore the dents and just get the tail lamp fixed, drove to the Pashankar Body Workshop at Baner road today, again i ran out of luck as the tail lamp was out of stock and the service rep told me they are not placing any new orders up to 13th of Sept for spare parts with GM, and i was told to give car for repairs after 17th Sept.

Overall cost of repairs totalled up to 11K, as i now have a dent in the front section of the car and now the rear section has got this damage
Old 1st September 2010, 00:04   #94
BHPian

Can you please post the break-up of 11K. Is there any replacement or repaint, dent repairing?
Old 1st September 2010, 21:36   #95
BHPian

Part replacement cost (Front Bumper + Rear Bumper + Tail Lamp) - 5K
Rear metallic panel repair (as it has slightly gone inside due to impact) - 2K
Re-paint cost - 4K
Old 1st September 2010, 21:52   #96
BHPian

Thanks KreativeGeek, was curios to know the price.
Saw your car pics before this incident ones and it looks smashing, you kept your car in excellent condition. I can understand it hurts but am sure your BEAT will be back to its best after the repair

EDIT: OT - do you come to MP city with your BEAT by any chance.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 1st September 2010 at 21:53.
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:10   #97
BHPian

Yes, i am eager to keep my Beat in pristine condition, that's why i was in a hurry to get the repairs done and taking GTO's advice for now turning away a blind eye to the damages at this moment, it pains every morning to see the car in this condition i am waiting for the monsoon season to subside slightly and post 17th Sep i can give my car for servicing.

BTW i was working at MphasiS in MP city itself, now shifted to Barclays at Hinjewadi so very less chance of coming to MP city now
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:22   #98
BHPian

Pune BHPians

If anyone wants to or knows someone travelling to Hinjewadi from nearby kalyani nagar, yerwada interested in car pooling, please reply to my post.

Weekday's 8:00 am (departure) - 6:00 pm (return)
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i am eager to keep my Beat in pristine condition, that's why i was in a hurry to get the repairs done and taking GTO's advice for now turning away a blind eye to the damages at this moment, it pains every morning to see the car in this condition i am waiting for the monsoon season to subside slightly and post 17th Sep i can give my car for servicing.

BTW i was working at MphasiS in MP city itself, now shifted to Barclays at Hinjewadi so very less chance of coming to MP city now
Hey KG, good to know that, I too used to work for MphasiS Mangalore, now I am their client but my office is still the same
Old 28th October 2010, 00:37   #100
BHPian

Beat now giving 13-14 KMPL mileage in city with continuous use of A/C and B2B traffic at Hinjewadi, engine is getting more refined by the day. Pretty impressed by highway driving performance too. Pulls of well in ghats at constant speed, no worries of turning the A/C off.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:34   #101
BHPian

True Superstar

Chevrolet Beat Launched in Australia recently by Holden Barina as Spark, check out the cool promo video, really suits the persona of this car!

Only if in India we could get the international front grill design.

Old 3rd November 2010, 07:35   #102
BHPian

Planning to get decals with customized design for my Beat, does any one know such shop or person in pune who is into such stuff?
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:27   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to get decals with customized design for my Beat, does any one know such shop or person in pune who is into such stuff?
I suggest you visit the dealers who stock decals. There is one mumbai based company 'autographix' ( the link is given below ) which makes decals, and there are dealers in pune who stock them. Also, there are numerous shops in nanapeth who carry out this work, though the quality is suspect. There are some shops in nanapeth who stock autographix decals as well.
Btw, I have changed the looks of my M800 using both, the autographix decals and custom vinyl graphics , and Iam happy with the results.
Autographix

Last edited by auto-one : 3rd November 2010 at 10:33.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Kreative, the prices you have mentioned show that the price of parts for the beat is pretty low. I mean front, rear bumper and tail lamp for just 5K. Please confirm again, this is replacement right. That brings it to under 2k per bumper. and probably 1ish for the lights.

Paiting also another two, That is very very reasonable cost
Old 3rd November 2010, 22:14   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Kreative, the prices you have mentioned show that the price of parts for the beat is pretty low. I mean front, rear bumper and tail lamp for just 5K. Please confirm again, this is replacement right. That brings it to under 2k per bumper. and probably 1ish for the lights.

Painting also another two, That is very very reasonable cost
Yes Rear + Front Bumper + rear one tail light cover for 5K, even i was surprised because when my alto's front bumper had cracked out i had to pay 3K for that plasticky stuff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks