Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 23:08   #421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
a small doubt here.
Since every one here agrees that bad gear ratios is the reason for the lethargic/unimpressive performance.
how exactly is the gear ratios set??
Is it mechanically done or through the ECU or some other medium.
Experts guide us all on this one.
It is mechanically done and not through the ECU.

Gear ratios can be changed but that will mean opening up of the gearbox and adjusting the cogs of the respective gears. Not an easy task by any means.

The Punto has first and second gears that are way too short. If it had a more modern gearbox it would have probably eaten the i20 in terms of performance.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:50   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Did you find it out how the wiper blade came out? Does that mean The Punto 90BHP is unacceptable to buy?

You just saw a Punto which is unknown to you. How can you come into a conclusion like that?
Guys, really we shouldnt try to demonise manufacturers known for poor initial product quality. I think you are right, give Fiat a chance.
Maybe time to address some issues on the JD Power Initial Quality front Fiat ? You seem be to tops in "Customer Satisfaction" as per your ads.
Yes, I agree T.A.S.S is poor, but thats no excuse for poor fit and finish in the plant.

Fiat, you make beautiful cars, just focus a little bit to ensure good final finish. It is not impossible, really.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:24   #423
Team-BHP Support

Wish to know whether the 90Hp comes with arm rests for the front seats?
Thanks
Old 24th November 2010, 16:40   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wish to know whether the 90Hp comes with arm rests for the front seats?
Thanks
It doesn't come with arm rests.
Old 8th December 2010, 15:17   #425
BHPian

Re: First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP

@sidindica

maybe, just maybe some linea buyer "wanted" the black speedometer and suggested they exchange it with the punto.

i know many people who totally loathe the white console of the linea (wonder why), and it HAS been a deal breaker too. so maybe the dealership tried to please the customer by changing the dials to the black ones in the punto.
Old 8th December 2010, 17:51   #426
BHPian

@GTO
just been wondering, when should we expect a review of the 90 bhp punto from you??

@all
all those who want GTO to review the 90 BHP punto, please pm him or post in a request here.

@mods
after GTO reviews/notices the requests for reviews please do delete this post, and the subsequent ones that follow asking GTO to review it.
Old 29th December 2010, 18:18   #427
BHPian

Re: Weight Reduction

Don't know if it has already been discussed in some forum - but I was curious regarding the sudden weight reduction of Puntos. I had an earlier brochure of the Punto and compared it with the latest one on Fiat India website. It seems Fiat has done away with a stabilizer bar at the rear suspension. On the older brochure it said "telescopic dampers with stabilizer bar" now it says only "telescopic dampers" for the rear suspension for all petrol and diesel variants (including 90hp MJD)

Can't say how much it effect it would have on the handling, but there should be a marginal improvement in the acceleration figures. Nonetheless a reduction of 60 kgs is substantial.

Kerb Weight (1.3 MJD 75BHP)
Earlier: 1190 kgs
Now: 1130 kgs
Difference: 60 kgs
Old 29th December 2010, 18:49   #428
BHPian

Re: Weight Reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Don't know if it has already been discussed in some forum - but I was curious regarding the sudden weight reduction of Puntos. I had an earlier brochure of the Punto and compared it with the latest one on Fiat India website. It seems Fiat has done away with a stabilizer bar at the rear suspension. On the older brochure it said "telescopic dampers with stabilizer bar" now it says only "telescopic dampers" for the rear suspension for all petrol and diesel variants (including 90hp MJD)

Can't say how much it effect it would have on the handling, but there should be a marginal improvement in the acceleration figures. Nonetheless a reduction of 60 kgs is substantial.

Kerb Weight (1.3 MJD 75BHP)
Earlier: 1190 kgs
Now: 1130 kgs
Difference: 60 kgs
This topic is being discussed on the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...iat-punto.html
Old 5th January 2011, 12:12   #429
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys I just test drove the Fiat Grand Punto 90 HP version yesterday and was quite impressed by the Pickup and drive quality of the car.

My intent is to replace My Fiat Palio stile 1.1 with the Grand Punto. I did feel that the interiors (of which the fit and finish has now improved) have started looking a tad dated and so i did a bit of research on the internet and realized that in most markets in Europe the interiors have been updated even if the bodystyle has'nt changed. Does anyone have a inkling when this is likely to happen in India? I dont want to be stuck with dated interiors if changes are around the near corner.

Also has anyone tried a Pete's tuning box on their 75 HP punto?
Old 5th January 2011, 16:59   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi guys I just test drove the Fiat Grand Punto 90 HP version yesterday and was quite impressed by the Pickup and drive quality of the car.

My intent is to replace My Fiat Palio stile 1.1 with the Grand Punto. I did feel that the interiors (of which the fit and finish has now improved) have started looking a tad dated and so i did a bit of research on the internet and realized that in most markets in Europe the interiors have been updated even if the bodystyle has'nt changed. Does anyone have a inkling when this is likely to happen in India? I dont want to be stuck with dated interiors if changes are around the near corner.

Also has anyone tried a Pete's tuning box on their 75 HP punto?
No idea about the interiors but there are quite a number of BHPians who have tried Pete's box.

Our fellow bhpian epicenter.rulez has got his 75 bhp Punto peted. Here's his ownership thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-review.html
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:30   #431
anb
BHPian

I just came across this test drive report of peted punto 90 in motorbeam site. This car develops 105 hp and it can do 0-100 in 12.76 seconds. Here is the link
Petes Tuned Fiat Grande Punto Review
Old 10th August 2011, 03:37   #432
BHPian

Hi all.. I have a swift vdi abs 2010 sep model. I am having a 2nd thought whether I can exchange that with a new punto 90hp. My though mainly came because of expecting good suspension, whole lots of features that i miss in my swift vdi abs and mainly to get away of bad outside view/judgement from inside and also to get away from the SUV like seating position (No offense, this is how feel the seating position is, for my height as an am probably between 5ft and 5.5ft). I am in confused state whether this move would worth the extra cost that I will be paying for punto 90hp. Please shed some light on my confusion on whether to go for the change or stay with swift.
Old 10th August 2011, 08:06   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi all.. I have a swift vdi abs 2010 sep model. I am having a 2nd thought whether I can exchange that with a new punto 90hp. My though mainly came because of expecting good suspension, whole lots of features that i miss in my swift vdi abs and mainly to get away of bad outside view/judgement from inside and also to get away from the SUV like seating position (No offense, this is how feel the seating position is, for my height as an am probably between 5ft and 5.5ft). I am in confused state whether this move would worth the extra cost that I will be paying for punto 90hp. Please shed some light on my confusion on whether to go for the change or stay with swift.
Satish, Why don't you go through the ownership threads of Punto 90HP owners? I would say that Punto 90 HP will be a class ahead for you. Given that it has got the powerful engine, its performance on highway is just amazing. I can vouch for this having owned Punto 90HP.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:46   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Satish,
I think its a tempting idea. I myself moved up from a Swift to a Punto. Albeit my Swift was a 1.3 G-series Petrol and I have the 75BHP MJD Punto. :P
Barring the odd niggle, I really love the car.

However, I am not clear about the visibility problem that you are mentioning. The visibility out of a Swift is better than the Punto, IMHO. You can see the bonnet in the Swift from the inside, for one thing.

If that is your primary criteria for a switch, then I am not sure its the right call. The Punto is also a longer car. You can definitely not see the bonnet, which is also pretty long. Rear visibility is actually worse, and the C-pillar is just as thick as in the Swift.

Why not explore the option of installaing reverse parking sensors? That should solve a portion of your judgement related problems I think.

Of course, I am no expert in this, and am sure other T-BHP members can elaborate further.

Cheers!

Last edited by Pyrotek : 10th August 2011 at 11:53.
Old 10th August 2011, 12:08   #435
BHPian

Quote:
This move will indeed fulfill your expectations in terms of better ride quality, better suspension, seating position (I too am 5'5") and of course numerous features that Punto 90HP comes packed with; however, improvement in outside view is something I am not sure of. For this point, I'd suggest either you elaborate your issue/requirement so that we could help or TD a Punto 90HP and decided for yourself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks