Price break-up of 1.2 L Polo TL, Petrol in Pune :

Ex-Showroom - 442337/-
Comprehensive Insurance - 16513/-
RTO (individual)- 37114/-
Add On (carpet mat and mud flaps) - 2500/-
Total - 498464/-

Accessories I have fitted on my Car (all are from VW Dealer) -

1. Rear Parking Sensor - 4250/-
2. Llumar Sun Film (Premium series, with 3 years warranty, front windscreen excluded) - 3250/-

3. Door Sill Guards (steel plates on 4 doors with Polo written) - 1050/-
4. Body Colored Door Handle and ORVMs - 3500/-
5. Rear Parcel Tray - 1232/-
6. Music System (HL one) with 4 speakers - 10000/-

Am using a transparent mat 2+2=4, which is very good and protects the beige colored floor from getting dirty.

Hey man, what about handling charges?
I think from your post that no mandatory accessories were forced upon you by the dealer? Can you confirm?
Old 15th August 2010, 11:03   #32
BHPian

RTO charges mentioned in Avon's post is inclusive of handling charges that's about Rs. 8800.00. There were no such as mandatory accessories from dealer. I got everything from after market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hey man, what about handling charges?
I think from your post that no mandatory accessories were forced upon you by the dealer? Can you confirm?
Old 15th August 2010, 11:53   #33
BHPian

Hi Avon - Excellent write up !!! - Many observations mentioned. - After reading the Ownership posts, I am not even worried about 3-pot Petrol engine & riding a Polo in B2B Bangalore traffic.
I have few clarifications
1. About 'Travel or accommodation due to immobilization or theft.....' - I did not even know such kind of situation arises and dealer will provide support us in those cases (may be my knowledge is poor) - When could that happen ? - If we see suddenly our car missing from Parking lot ??? - can you please clarify
2. About 'HL music system' - I think HL music system will not come up with USB/AUX - Can we get Company fitted Integrated music system including USB/AUX for extra bucks ?
Few things worries me -
RTO charges are more in Bangalore - I started with 5L budget for my first car - and now have to stretch to 5.5 for OTR Bangalore !!! - Totally dropped plan of getting alloys now !!!
Other things that bother me - height of clutch (could manage with Tip provided by Chetan) & A.S.S - Polo numbers are growing more on Indian roads and Dealerships are not growing that fast and with Ventos coming in - could be a huge rush at the Dealerships .
Old 15th August 2010, 12:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
RTO charges mentioned in Avon's post is inclusive of handling charges that's about Rs. 8800.00. There were no such as mandatory accessories from dealer. I got everything from after market.
Adi - Subaro123 is correct, RTO charges inclusive of handling charges. For Pune RoadTax of 7% on ex-showroom price = 31k + number plate etc, which makes approx.5-6K extra. I noticed this extra charges for all manufacturers I visited - Hyundai, Maruti, Tata, GM, Ford.

But I believe individual can also do the registration themselves, in that case this extra money can be saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
1. About 'Travel or accommodation due to immobilization or theft.....' - I did not even know such kind of situation arises and dealer will provide support us in those cases (may be my knowledge is poor) - When could that happen ? - If we see suddenly our car missing from Parking lot ??? - can you please clarify

I suppose yes, theft is theft be it from parking lot.

2. About 'HL music system' - I think HL music system will not come up with USB/AUX - Can we get Company fitted Integrated music system including USB/AUX for extra bucks ?

I don`t think so.

Few things worries me -
RTO charges are more in Bangalore - I started with 5L budget for my first car - and now have to stretch to 5.5 for OTR Bangalore !!! - Totally dropped plan of getting alloys now !!!
Other things that bother me - height of clutch (could manage with Tip provided by Chetan) & A.S.S - Polo numbers are growing more on Indian roads and Dealerships are not growing that fast and with Ventos coming in - could be a huge rush at the Dealerships .
Service interval is 1 year or 15K KMs and why only Polo, today morning I saw 2 Ventos on road with temp. registration nos., not sure if its driven by customers or showroom personnel. Also, read somewhere VW is planning to launch taxi in India
Veels n Rhodes - My reply in bold.
Old 15th August 2010, 13:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Adi - Subaro123 is correct, RTO charges inclusive of handling charges. For Pune RoadTax of 7% on ex-showroom price = 31k + number plate etc, which makes approx.5-6K extra. I noticed this extra charges for all manufacturers I visited - Hyundai, Maruti, Tata, GM, Ford.

But I believe individual can also do the registration themselves, in that case this extra money can be saved.

Veels n Rhodes - My reply in bold.
Thanks for the reply. 5-6K is ok for . The Hyd dealers are charging a whooping 12.5K for handling and they are also forcing some mandatory accessory package worth 10K odd, even if you do not want to take it.
Old 15th August 2010, 16:02   #36
BHPian

As promised some more snaps
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0881.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0887.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0907.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0911.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0912.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0913.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0924.jpg  

Last edited by AvonA7 : 15th August 2010 at 16:04.
Old 15th August 2010, 16:10   #37
BHPian

More pictures of Polo
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0928.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0929.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0967.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1016.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-polopics111.jpg  

Old 15th August 2010, 21:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adi.

Price break-up of 1.2 L Polo TL, Petrol in Pune :

Ex-Showroom - 442337/-

6. Music System (HL one) with 4 speakers - 10000/-

Am using a transparent mat 2+2=4, which is very good and protects the beige colored floor from getting dirty.
hey avon ,

if we go by the accessory list provided by vw , the double din with 4 speakers cost more than 10K . So I hope that the one that you got was something which one of the vw polo highline owner gave back to the dealer and he sold it to you . Please confirm .

In case you had mentioned this before , and i missed it , Please pardon me .

anyway , Its a deal . The OEM music players gels well with the interiors and give an extra premium feel .
Enjoy , hope to hear good fuel efficiency figures :-)

cheers
Old 15th August 2010, 22:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
So I hope that the one that you got was something which one of the vw polo highline owner gave back to the dealer and he sold it to you . Please confirm .
cheers
Yes you are correct, this is how I got it. At least in Pune if you would like to have 2DIN music system with 4 speakers from VW dealership it would cost you 22300/-.

I opted for this, it looks good but please note it is without aux/usb. I am not a music buff, so all my favorite songs comes within 2 CDs and then FM is always there. The quality is good but not extraordinary and neither bad. Also, I wasn't keen on setting any electrical parts outside dealer.
Old 15th August 2010, 22:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are correct, this is how I got it. At least in Pune if you would like to have 2DIN music system with 4 speakers from VW dealership it would cost you 22300/-.

I opted for this, it looks good but please note it is without aux/usb. I am not a music buff, so all my favorite songs comes within 2 CDs and then FM is always there. The quality is good but not extraordinary and neither bad. Also, I wasn't keen on setting any electrical parts outside dealer.
Thanks for the quick reply . Defintely its been the talk of the town that the vw oem music system does not come with usb or aux . To be frank you wont even be able to get a double headset for 10k ( a bit exagerated , i think the 6050 UB comes under 10 k ) .But add the speaker cost to it , well it would well go over 10k .
Old 16th August 2010, 02:08   #41

Can someone confirm the cost of the oem parcel tray? I was quoted rs 3000, which is a far cry from 1232.

Tushar
Old 16th August 2010, 12:37   #42
BHPian

@AvonA7 are you using two mats one Fabric (black) one and other transparent. If yes then does it improve high clutch pedal problem. Did u get everything from VW dealer.

What about the seat covers, are you planning for one.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
@AvonA7 are you using two mats one Fabric (black) one and other transparent. If yes then does it improve high clutch pedal problem. Did u get everything from VW dealer.

What about the seat covers, are you planning for one.
Yes, I am using two mats. Actually there are 3 - noticed that once the fabric mat is removed - A. there is 1 additional padding just below the 3 pedals - B. then fabric mat (black color) - C. last is the transparent mat.

B & C are optional and we can use both or either or none, what I am trying to say here is the extra padding already provided in the car.

With all these 3 also I feel Clutch is a bit high and travels l o n g.
Transparent mat wasn't available with the dealer.

Seat Covers initially I planned to manage for at least 6 months, but the plastic covers are removed and the fabric beige coloured seats will get dirtier sooner than later.
Not much impressed with the one available at dealer (VW Accessories), checked the Stanley Seat Covers (at the dealership while work was going on in a car) - single colour - 18K, double colour - 19K, pure leather and liked them, but out of my budget.
Whats your plan regarding seat cover?
Old 16th August 2010, 16:30   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburman View Post
Can someone confirm the cost of the oem parcel tray? I was quoted rs 3000, which is a far cry from 1232.

Tushar
Yes tushar the oem parceltray costs only 1200 odd.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:33   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Polo purchase. The Red color Polo really looks nice and by the way a nice gift to your wife.

Enjoy many more miles with the Polo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks