Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 22:01   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Guys didnt understand any thing about VIN..BTW Avon congrats on buying the super hatch.

What was the mileage quoted by the VW dealers ?

Hope to hear more feedbacks from you
VIN - in short, Vehicle Identification Number that uniquely identifies a vehicle.
Check out the below link and Wildon sir is the Boss as far as VIN`s are concerned -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-cars-59.html

Dealer quoted 14-15km/l in city, yet to do a tank full, shall update once done.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi congrats on your Polo. The car no doubt looks smashing. Hows the sound of the OEM audio system fitted by you. Also is the regulator switch kind of headlamp on off inconvenient to use as supposed to normal stalks?
Old 26th August 2010, 19:17   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Hi congrats on your Polo. The car no doubt looks smashing. Hows the sound of the OEM audio system fitted by you. Also is the regulator switch kind of headlamp on off inconvenient to use as supposed to normal stalks?
Thanks. Music system is very good but without aux/usb, the setup goes very well with the ineriors. I found the headlight switch quite easy to operate, no issues.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Thanks. Music system is very good but without aux/usb, the setup goes very well with the ineriors. I found the headlight switch quite easy to operate, no issues.
How do you do a high beam flash to warn incoming traffic? Do you have to rotate the knob to high every time or is there an easier way. I mean I am used to just pulling the headlight stalk to go high momentarily and then releasing it. Sorry for the stupid question, but I am just curious as to how this is performed.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Sparkled, I had the same confusion. But the flash/high beam control is in the left stalk.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:21   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
How do you do a high beam flash to warn incoming traffic? Do you have to rotate the knob to high every time or is there an easier way. I mean I am used to just pulling the headlight stalk to go high momentarily and then releasing it. Sorry for the stupid question, but I am just curious as to how this is performed.
Well SPARKled, thanks for your interest in POLO. Let me try and answer your queries to the best (please note like I mentioned in my first post in this thread this is my first owned car) of my knowledge -

post #37 pic 01. turn the knob to the extreme right.

Just left to that there is another rotating knob with which you can adjust the angle of your headlights - if the rear seats are fully occupied then you need to adjust this knob to make sure your headlights are focused on the road (downwards) and vice-versa.

Sorry if I am wrong but others opinion are welcome!
Old 27th August 2010, 10:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Well SPARKled, thanks for your interest in POLO. Let me try and answer your queries to the best (please note like I mentioned in my first post in this thread this is my first owned car) of my knowledge -

post #37 pic 01. turn the knob to the extreme right.

Just left to that there is another rotating knob with which you can adjust the angle of your headlights - if the rear seats are fully occupied then you need to adjust this knob to make sure your headlights are focused on the road (downwards) and vice-versa.

Sorry if I am wrong but others opinion are welcome!
I guess what you are explaining is the headlight leveler. This is fine and is almost same for all cars. But poloman has confirmed that there indeed is a stalk for high beam flash. This is basiclly used when you are traveling at night with the dipper on and occasionally need to use a high beam just as a warning.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:34   #83
BHPian

Thanks Guys, I understood what is being referred to.
@SPARKled - post #37, last picture - bottom left is the one which is used for the same.
Old 28th August 2010, 18:22   #84
BHPian

Bought Jopasu Combo Pack for car maintenance.

It comes with -
a. Car Duster
b. Magic Glove
c. Magic Wipe
d. Mini Dyster
e. Wash n Wax car wash
f. Demo CD
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1031.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1035.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1036.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1038.jpg  

Old 28th August 2010, 18:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hey AvonA7 do share the total cost of the combo pack. Did it cost you the same as its listed on ebay or they gave you some discount.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hey AvonA7 do share the total cost of the combo pack. Did it cost you the same as its listed on ebay or they gave you some discount.
I bought it for 1100/-, not sure about ebay price.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:39   #87
BHPian

Today drove under heavy rain for the first time, for approx. 23KMs. Didn't face any difficulty in handling or braking. Also, completed the Pooja which was pending for the last 3 weeks. Some snaps of Pooja and roof and bonnet after rain:
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1078.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1090.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1040.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1041.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1051.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1052.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 31st August 2010, 23:41   #88
BHPian

An update

Received a call from VW. Following are the confirmations/feedback taken from me :
  • Car delivered as on promised date?
  • Car was clean inside/outside at the time of delivery?
  • All necessary documents handed over to you?
  • Hows your experience with Polo till date?
  • Are you aware of the warranty and road side assistance terms and conditions/contact nos.?
  • How do you rate your experience with the dealer?
  • Did you receive proper demo of the car at the time of delivery?

Last edited by AvonA7 : 31st August 2010 at 23:42.
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:52   #89
BHPian

More updates and FE

Well surprise, surprise! - 2 Feedback calls within 4 days

In the last 4 days received 2 calls from VW Mumbai, latest today asking about the feedback, this time the feedback taken on -
  • Is POLOs performance meets your expectation? (I thought this is an open-ended question but still this is exactly what I was asked)
  • How is your experience with Volkswagen Pune?
  • Are you satisfied with the accessories you have requested and is it delivered to you on-time? (Who told VW that I fitted accessories in my POLO! or is it just a guess!)
  • Anything else you would like to mention?

Today, I collected the TC ( Tax Challan, if I am correct here) original copy, Insurance ( I am already given one receipt sort of thing ) but the actual copy/certificate would take 3-4 days more.
RC would take 2 + 1 = 3 weeks more as my name was spelled wrong which would take 1 week for correction.

My Query : Is this normal for the Insurance Certificate and RC to take almost a months time (I received my car on 11th Aug`10).

Many readers would be anxiously awaiting this information - FE

I did the first tank-full today and FE is -
423.7 Kms / 35.07 Ltr Petrol (auto cut-off) = 12.08Km/l => 100% City driving, 40% (real b2b traffic), 70% a/c on.
I am sure this figure would increase as -
  • I get more accustomed with the car
  • Also, I did mistake of not maintaining the correct tyre pressure for quite a lot of distance in this short tenure

*Planning to check the FE once more after covering ~200KM more distance and shall update whatever I get during that time

Last edited by AvonA7 : 2nd September 2010 at 22:01.
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:27   #90
BHPian

Hi Avon,

Congrats !

I saw POLO 4-5 months back in the showroom when it was launched. The car just looked OK.

In the last few months when i have started to see the RED POLO on the road, it looks better and better each day. I have never felt like this with any other car till date.

I wonder some one else felt the same way about POLO.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks