Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 16:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition Avon. 7 out of 10 polos I see are red.

The pics look good too.

For the seat covers, may I suggest using the stock seats for about a year or two and then may be get stanley in.

The stock head unit makes the interiors looks more proper finished. The head unit has decent output which ofcourse I wont complain about until I am to install amp and base.

You may get the rear parcel tray from some polo owner who wish to install rear speakers in aftermarket wooden tray. You may take his tray.

Take care and drive safe.
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th August 2010 at 16:44.
Old 16th August 2010, 20:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
One question popped out now - is it a TL or HL as I see MFD in the pictures.
The display in TL shows the usual KMs covered, fuel, temperature, time etc., another display will show the service reminder in days & KMs (left in multiple of 100s I believe) and also told that the service reminder will start popping up frequently when one crosses 14500KM, 3rd one is the Trip meter. But in HL (not sure about CL) it displays more option like average fuel consumption etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Polo purchase. The Red color Polo really looks nice and by the way a nice gift to your wife.

Enjoy many more miles with the Polo.
Thanks nkrishnap, yes it was an excellent feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition Avon. 7 out of 10 polos I see are red.
Thanks Gaurav, yours was one of the few Polo threads to come up in Team-BHP and used to keep an eye for any updates Yes Red is more but recently started seeing silver too and white is also increasing. May be VW started production of all colours.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 16th August 2010 at 20:24.
Old 16th August 2010, 22:49   #48
BHPian

So shall I go for extra fabric mat. I have just one rubber mat now and I feel uncomfortable in traffic. There are Art Leather seat covers available in market I got deal of Rs. 5500 for seat covers and forgotten the brand name but felt good. Then you can get Auto Form seat covers (art Leather) as well for the same price. But I will wait for sometime before getting seat covers.

Where is the additional padding you are referring to. Can you provide more clearer picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Yes, I am using two mats. Actually there are 3 - noticed that once the fabric mat is removed - A. there is 1 additional padding just below the 3 pedals - B. then fabric mat (black color) - C. last is the transparent mat.

B & C are optional and we can use both or either or none, what I am trying to say here is the extra padding already provided in the car.

With all these 3 also I feel Clutch is a bit high and travels l o n g.
Transparent mat wasn't available with the dealer.

Seat Covers initially I planned to manage for at least 6 months, but the plastic covers are removed and the fabric beige coloured seats will get dirtier sooner than later.
Not much impressed with the one available at dealer (VW Accessories), checked the Stanley Seat Covers (at the dealership while work was going on in a car) - single colour - 18K, double colour - 19K, pure leather and liked them, but out of my budget.
Whats your plan regarding seat cover?
Old 17th August 2010, 09:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Where is the additional padding you are referring to. Can you provide more clearer picture.
In front of the driver seat, where the mats are placed (fabric, plastic etc). If I remove all mats, there is the floor carpet.
What I mentioned is there is also an additional padding provided on the floor carpet ( not any mats which can be removed ).
Let me know if I am able to make myself clear, else shall try and post pics.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:29   #50
BHPian

Avon A7 Congrats on the new car, so how many km till now and how much F.E are you getting?
Old 17th August 2010, 17:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Music System (HL one) with 4 speakers - 10000/-
Did you get the head unit from the company itself? I think its a good idea as any other one looks out of place with the center console.

BTW, do they sell the head unit (speakers as well) separately??
Old 17th August 2010, 21:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Avon A7 Congrats on the new car, so how many km till now and how much F.E are you getting?
Thanks, not much KMs covered, once I do tank full again, shall update the FE figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Did you get the head unit from the company itself? I think its a good idea as any other one looks out of place with the center console.

BTW, do they sell the head unit (speakers as well) separately??
Yes I got the HU from VW Dealer, but this not part of standard accessories, if available then only one can get it. One can get HU and speakers separately from VW dealer also - here in Pune for 2 DIN they have Kenwood and speakers are also kenwood.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:38   #53
BHPian

Please refer the attached pic. This is what I was trying to say.

Notice pic #3, already a padding exist without any floor mat.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-polo150820106.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 12:23   #54
BHPian

Thanks Avon for detailed pics. I don't think so its there on my POLO. Though I need to check it. I know the reason exactly why using more no. of mats won't be helping the cause. The lever of clutch pedal itself is long one so you need to push completely forward so in any case reducing height will help a bit but won't made it comfortable. Whats your say on this.

Could you answer one question. How both indicators are lite, couldn't figured out
Old 18th August 2010, 12:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Could you answer one question. How both indicators are lite, couldn't figured out
Are you indicating how to switch on the Hazard Lights ( Both Indicators flashing) . If so you should have a button with red triangle over your Centre AC Vents. That is the button to switch on your hazard flashers
Old 18th August 2010, 12:43   #56
BHPian

Yeah exactly, Thanks for the info. I was trying to figure around steering couldn't have much luck and thats a strange positioning for the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Are you indicating how to switch on the Hazard Lights ( Both Indicators flashing) . If so you should have a button with red triangle over your Centre AC Vents. That is the button to switch on your hazard flashers
Old 18th August 2010, 20:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think so its there on my POLO. Though I need to check it.
Let us know if you manage to find the padding in your car. It will be a surprise if absent in your car, how come same car have different settings.

Quote:
I know the reason exactly why using more no. of mats won't be helping the cause. The lever of clutch pedal itself is long one so you need to push completely forward so in any case reducing height will help a bit but won't made it comfortable. Whats your say on this.
I think its all about habit, once we get used to it, then we might end up having problems with short clutch You are correct, matting won`t help and in City driving it`ll take time to get used to.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:01   #58
BHPian

@Avon, the padding is there, I missed out on that.

I have been driving 100% in city that too B2B traffic, sometimes clutch do slip because of high pedal which causes jerk in the car. But I m getting used to high pedal.

There's one more problem you can't see full front there's blind spot diagonally opposite to driver seat at the front and without ORVM rear view is bit of bother.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving 100% in city that too B2B traffic, sometimes clutch do slip because of high pedal which causes jerk in the car. But I m getting used to high pedal.
I think we are getting used to the new setup (read clutch here) I am sure as we cover more miles and get used to the car, this issue will resolve on its own.

Quote:
There's one more problem you can't see full front there's blind spot diagonally opposite to driver seat at the front and without ORVM rear view is bit of bother.
If I am not wrong, I think you are referring to when we are taking turn in say a T-turn (vehicles coming from left, right direction). In that case somewhat agree to your point of view, but yes, better to make a habit of taking a look at the left ORVM and also the RVM (also referred to as day/night rear view mirror).

I am also facing one issue, as I drive always with AC on, the right ORVM view gets blocked due to fog like formation on the right side window just infront of the rt. ORVM. The fog formation in on the outside of the window which makes it all the more difficult, I close the AC vents (just above the headlight switch) to overcome this. Shall try and post snap as and when I manage to get one, it would be good if you can share if you (or any Polo owners please) are facing the same issue.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:35   #60
BHPian

That thing I referred are two separate cases. When there's obstruction in front of car which is placed diagonally opposite to driver seat you can't clearly see and you need to be dependent on pure just intuition or judgement especially during parking when space around is less.

Secondly, I was referring to poor placement of RVM which doesn't cover the full rear and we need to be dependent on OVRM.

The fog you are mentioning I didn't find them but during night around 12 when temperature was a bit low outside I did face fog coming up on the front windscreen. To tell you about the AC i have to lower it from 2 to 1 as it felt quite chilly with 2 setting. I guess it may be due to rains in Delhi have provided a big relief from heat.

Most Viewed