Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 21:55   #61
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if I am asking a stupid question -

As soon as I lock the car using the standard key ( mean to say no additional locking mechanism ), this RED Color LED starts blinking and it continuously blinks till the car is unlocked. First day it happened I called up the dealer and was told that this is a security feature and I should be worried only if it doesn't blink.

Can anybody explain what is this and how it works?
Please refer attached pic - its on the RHS Front door.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-polo20100820.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 11:12   #62
BHPian

Here comes some more pictures of POLO.
Small yet significant features - check out :
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0938.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-polo15082010.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0940.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn0952.jpg  

AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2010, 12:31   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hi Guys,

As soon as I lock the car using the standard key ( mean to say no additional locking mechanism ), this RED Color LED starts blinking and it continuously blinks till the car is unlocked. First day it happened I called up the dealer and was told that this is a security feature and I should be worried only if it doesn't blink.

That means that your car is securely locked. The flashing red light is the indication to confirm if your car is locked or not.

You could also try to read up on the user manual. Enjoy your car
Quote:
I think we are getting used to the new setup (read clutch here) I am sure as we cover more miles and get used to the car, this issue will resolve on its own.

If I am not wrong, I think you are referring to when we are taking turn in say a T-turn (vehicles coming from left, right direction). In that case somewhat agree to your point of view, but yes, better to make a habit of taking a look at the left ORVM and also the RVM (also referred to as day/night rear view mirror).

I am also facing one issue, as I drive always with AC on, the right ORVM view gets blocked due to fog like formation on the right side window just infront of the rt. ORVM. The fog formation in on the outside of the window which makes it all the more difficult, I close the AC vents (just above the headlight switch) to overcome this. Shall try and post snap as and when I manage to get one, it would be good if you can share if you (or any Polo owners please) are facing the same issue.
Have you tried to turn the flow of air toward you and away from the window. If the air is aimed at your window, outside moisture will condense on the window as it chills.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popolo View Post
That means that your car is securely locked. The flashing red light is the indication to confirm if your car is locked or not.

You could also try to read up on the user manual. Enjoy your car
Thanks, yes this is immobilizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popolo View Post
Have you tried to turn the flow of air toward you and away from the window. If the air is aimed at your window, outside moisture will condense on the window as it chills.
Thats what I do now to avoid fogging - within a minute of changing the air flow direction, it disappears.
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:12   #65
BHPian

That is the immobilizer. According to the manual it is supposed to blink fast for the first few seconds and then the rate would slow down.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Old 23rd August 2010, 21:50   #66
BHPian

Some observations, note that 100% city driving mostly b2b, 90% of times with ac on.

RPM at idle - almost touching 1K
2nd gear - 2k RPM - a little less than 30km/hr
3rd gear - 2k RPM - 40 km/hr
4th gear - 2k RPM - 60 km/hr

2nd gear pulls easily from >= 10 km/hr without using clutch. Actually can pull below 10km/hr too but need clutch
3rd gear pulls easily from >= 20 km/hr
4th gear pulls easily from >= 30 km/hr

Acceleration till 60 km/hr is quick, but after that its not that fast. Highest speed touched 85km/hr, this is just my feeling that after 60km/hr somehow the pickup is slow in comparison to 0-60km/hr, couldn't manage to note down the time taken.

Few other points -

AC Vents when closed does not throw out any air, I mean its absolutely closed.

The boot is quite solid and heavy but one can open it by just pulling the lever for the initial 6-7inches and rest it opens up smoothly on its own without any force - I mentioned this because I found the boot opener with VW logo quite sophisticated and delicate and don't want the security personnel at office to use his muscle to open the boot daily.

I am finding the Parking sensor really helpful in tight parking place as the rear visibility isn't that great.

I think there is no auto-lock (for all 4 doors) mechanism, one has to manually lock/unlock in TL. If others manage to find something different please share.

So far so good, enjoying POLO

Last edited by AvonA7 : 23rd August 2010 at 21:54.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

@avon7 Hi if i remember from GTOs review there is no auto lock function on the polo when the car starts moving.The only way to auto lock all 4 doors is by a button on the driver door panel.
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:43   #68
BHPian

@avishar - yes I remember that paragraph from GTOs review about door locking mechanism in Polo. In fact I asked this question specifically at dealer during delivery and I was told that after reaching certain rpm the doors would automatically lock, so thought VW has worked on the feedback. Just wanted to confirm but no it doesn't autolock
Old 24th August 2010, 01:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok,sorry was just taking a guess.Even the vento has that same one button lock thing according to the review.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
  • Travel or accommodation due to immobilization or theft of the vehicle........
Are we a developed world already? Can't imagine a car maker making such an offer in the volume segment!
This shows the confidence, the manufacturer has on his product. I am sure that - with these new cars, there will not be any situation where in, it completely stops on road.

Quote:
Yes you are correct, this is how I got it. At least in Pune if you would like to have 2DIN music system with 4 speakers from VW dealership it would cost you 22300/-.

I opted for this, it looks good but please note it is without aux/usb. I am not a music buff, so all my favorite songs comes within 2 CDs and then FM is always there. The quality is good but not extraordinary and neither bad. Also, I wasn't keen on setting any electrical parts outside dealer.
Congratulations AvonA7!

You have done everything right WRT accessories! OEM 2Din music system looks great. aux/usb is not something that we can not live without. Performance of this system is very good. It will suffice most of us.

Quote:
I am also facing one issue, as I drive always with AC on, the right ORVM view gets blocked due to fog like formation on the right side window just infront of the rt. ORVM. The fog formation in on the outside of the window which makes it all the more difficult, I close the AC vents (just above the headlight switch) to overcome this. Shall try and post snap as and when I manage to get one, it would be good if you can share if you (or any Polo owners please) are facing the same issue.
Reducing cabin temperature (I am not referring to the fan speed) and changing the direction of the air vent - will solve this problem.

Polo AC is very effective. If the inside temperature is too cold, it will fog on the glass, outside. Wish we had ACC in Polo!
Old 24th August 2010, 15:00   #71
BHPian

Thanks Chethan.

Now I am able to manage the fogging, either I close the AC vents (moving that knob to 0) or change the direction of air flow. Yes, the AC very quickly chills the inside.

BTW, today when I checked the tire pressure I found it to be below 30 (~26 for front, ~28 for rear tires), last time I made it 30 was exactly 10days back (with ~200km distance covered in these 10 days). Is this normal. Can you please comment.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 24th August 2010 at 15:01.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Chethan.

Now I am able to manage the fogging, either I close the AC vents (moving that knob to 0) or change the direction of air flow. Yes, the AC very quickly chills the inside.

Also try keeping IN CABIN TEMPERATURE (Thermostat) a bit less. You can turn the knob CCW by about 25 degrees.

BTW, today when I checked the tire pressure I found it to be below 30 (~26 for front, ~28 for rear tires), last time I made it 30 was exactly 10days back (with ~200km distance covered in these 10 days). Is this normal. Can you please comment.
This must be OK, I guess. I get the pressure checked every week. I keep 32 psi pressure for all the tyres. I also have my own guage to check.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I found the boot opener with VW logo quite sophisticated and delicate and don't want the security personnel at office to use his muscle to open the boot daily.[/i]
I wonder if removing the parcel tray will alleviate the need for security personnel to open the rear door to see what's inside.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:10   #74
BHPian

he he ! thats a good idea, but I doubt because nowadays they open bonnet, all the doors and boot + under body of the car is checked using the mirror. More Polos and others will get used to it
Old 25th August 2010, 21:51   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Wildon, thanks mate!
You know! - you decoded my VIN no. 99.99% correct, just to increase your database of POLO VINs, mine is having a manufacturing date of 16th July`10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I alway like to give 100% . That .01% is a worrying factor for me.

Don't believe , Look at this full report !!

Guys didnt understand any thing about VIN..BTW Avon congrats on buying the super hatch.

What was the mileage quoted by the VW dealers ?

Hope to hear more feedbacks from you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks