Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 10:34   #166
BHPian

Re: Medium Grey Tank - New Palio Stile 1.3 MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
First get new wiper blades. After that, every time your car cleaner cleans the car, wipe the edge of the wiper blades with a damp cloth and then put the wiper back on the glass. See if it works, because in my case it does. Also, always use wash wipe while car is standing to ensure even spread of the water on the windscreen. You can also adjust the nozzle with a pin to cover the windscreen area effectively.

Accelerate gradually. Don't dump fuel unnecessarily into the cylinders by flooring the pedal. I red-line my car occasionally (last during the PUC test yesterday) and there was no black smoke.
1. I replaced one, cause the other was ok. Now the other one's faulty! I'll replace it as soon as I drive past Ahuja car decor in lajpat. Been real busy of late.

2. By flooring the pedal, I don't mean pushing the pedal till the floor literally I just accelerate sometimes till I shift at about 3.5k to 4k RPM. I need to find a pollution testing center that will 'make' me a pollution certificate without fuss.
Old 19th February 2012, 23:37   #167
BHPian

***UPDATE***

***TANK FILL AND PAID SERVICE***

Fuel volume - 41.5 L
Trip distance - 820 kms
Odo reading - 17887 kms

FE in city = 19.7 kmpl

Definitely some error in this measurement. I ended up running out of fuel near the pump I don't like. They always do a rubbish job of filling the tank. Ended up at just the 'F' mark. Usually the needle jumps right over the full mark. Could've easily taken a few more liters. Oh well. What's done is done.

More importantly, finished my first paid service. New engine oil, new air filter, oil filter, new wipers, brake pads all opened and cleaned. Cars running like a dream. The wipers clean properly now, full sweep. Engine's purring so well.

The entire service came to Rs. 3,124, which is wonderful. Such a charm to own this beauty as all Palio Stile MJD owners will confirm!
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:53   #168
BHPian

***UPDATE***

***TANK FILL***

Fuel volume - 37.85 L
Trip distance - 666 kms
Odo reading - 18553 kms

FE in city = 17.59 kmpl

Again, absolutely no complaints with my ride. No more problems after the last service. Ran the AC again after a whole winter passed. AC's working fine. Cars stable above 130 kmph in 5th as well. I think my average FE in the city over the past year or more is constantly around 17. Well done eh?
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:00   #169
BHPian

thanks for the update, FIAT really did a bad thing by shelving the PALIO MJD, it is a such a nice,fun car, with gear ratios SPOT ON for having fun with that FGT turbo band....
Old 6th March 2012, 18:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

@bydesign: Bro can you confirm if the left orvm of a Palio will fit the palio stile?
Old 7th March 2012, 13:49   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@bydesign: Bro can you confirm if the left orvm of a Palio will fit the palio stile?
The mirror sub-plate itself (not the whole assembly) fits in the Stile, but there is a shape mismatch. I have been using old Palio mirror sub-plates on my Stile since there are available cheap in the local market (Noida Sec16). The shape mismatch is there but Rs 900 for a mirror sub-plate and the poor availability at A.S.C. is not worth since the local mirrors cost Rs 90/- locally.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 23:50   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Quite strange of you to ask that particular question as my Palio does not have a left OVRM! And even funnier is that every time I meet Architect, he tells me to get one!

Quote:
The mirror sub-plate itself (not the whole assembly) fits in the Stile, but there is a shape mismatch. I have been using old Palio mirror sub-plates on my Stile since there are available cheap in the local market (Noida Sec16). The shape mismatch is there but Rs 900 for a mirror sub-plate and the poor availability at A.S.C. is not worth since the local mirrors cost Rs 90/- locally.
Thanks for the info there!
PS: I owe you a meal some time!
Old 12th March 2012, 20:48   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean when you say the sub-plate assembly. The entire orvm set for a Palio is available for about Rs 500. If I were to buy it would it fit the stile? I take it that by sub plate you mean the thing that gets attached to the door, correct? If it fits how can the other outside parts be a mismatch but it seems I ahve not understood you correctly, sorry.
Old 12th March 2012, 21:10   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Quite strange of you to ask that particular question as my Palio does not have a left OVRM! And even funnier is that every time I meet Architect, he tells me to get one!
Funnier still is that my dealer/TASC has not been able to source one in more than 3 years. They had an assortment of parts of the left ORVM for a long time which were insufficient to complete the assembly. When last inquired, the remaining couple of plastic parts did arrive but the earlier assortment had done the Houdini act.
Old 12th March 2012, 22:56   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean when you say the sub-plate assembly. The entire orvm set for a Palio is available for about Rs 500. If I were to buy it would it fit the stile? I take it that by sub plate you mean the thing that gets attached to the door, correct? If it fits how can the other outside parts be a mismatch but it seems I ahve not understood you correctly, sorry.
The sub-mirror-plate is only the mirror (glass) and the circular plastic plate to which it is fixed with industrial adhesive. This component snap fits on to another circular plate which is inside the plastic mirror housing, attached to the controlling springs. The plate itself costs Rs 90/- (for retro shape, i.e. almost perfect rectangle with filleted corners) and Rs 6xx/- at TASC for Stile shape (i.e. rectangular inside and rounded outside). Hence the slight mismatch. Palio Stile shape is not available in the local market.

The entire left ORVM assembly consisting of outer housing, sub-mirror plate and internal housing with control levers cost me Rs 2000 or so in 2008 when I bought it from Vivek Automobiles (who was always sitting on a huge number of spares).

Imagining the shape of the windows, the Retro set-up (entire assembly) will fit the Stile but there would be a mismatch between left and right then, no? Unless, one replaces both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Funnier still is that my dealer/TASC has not been able to source one in more than 3 years. They had an assortment of parts of the left ORVM for a long time which were insufficient to complete the assembly. When last inquired, the remaining couple of plastic parts did arrive but the earlier assortment had done the Houdini act.
TnH, what you need to do is to sit on their heads, identify all the 3-4 parts by numbers and write a mail to Tata-Fiat. I will try to send you the effective email IDs. Today its just a mirror. Tomorrow it could be a critical component.

Last edited by architect : 12th March 2012 at 23:03.
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 11:08   #176
BHPian

***UPDATE***

***TANK FILL***

Fuel volume - 38 L
Trip distance - 745 kms
Odo reading - 19298 kms

FE in city = 19.6 kmpl

The days of air con are upon us once again! AC's working fine in all conditions. Crossed 19k kms! Ride on Fiat!
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 11:30   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
***UPDATE***

***TANK FILL***

Fuel volume - 38 L
Trip distance - 745 kms
Odo reading - 19298 kms

FE in city = 19.6 kmpl

The days of air con are upon us once again! AC's working fine in all conditions. Crossed 19k kms! Ride on Fiat!
19kpl in city? you gotta be kidding me. But I always loved this car, too bad by the time i wanted to buy a diesel car this was stopped.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 15:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
19kpl in city? you gotta be kidding me. But I always loved this car, too bad by the time i wanted to buy a diesel car this was stopped.
This entire winter I never got less than 19.5 kpl in any cycle and 20+kpl in most cycles without AC on my Palio multijet. People driving on the expressway get 20 kpl with AC in summer.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:06   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Sure. I have friends with swift diesels who get more than that in the city. And you can still get the Palio Stile MJD on special order. You can contact your Fiat showroom and ask them. There's a 50,000 Rs. down payment I think.

Quote:
This entire winter I never got less than 19.5 kpl in any cycle and 20+kpl in most cycles without AC on my Palio multijet. People driving on the expressway get 20 kpl with AC in summer.
Still haven't crossed 20+ on mine Architect! And she still hasn't gone on a road trip! Maybe soon.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:39   #180
BHPian

All through out I have been getting +20kmpl with my Stile SDX. In winters I get an FE of +22kmpl.
These figures are from my daily commute to work, though that does include a drive on expressway, not completely but about 50% of the total commute.
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks