Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 13:53   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Medium Grey Tank - New Palio Stile 1.3 MJD

WOW!! The daylight pics appear awesome. Its hell of a ride dude! It has come out very very well. It appears like OEM addon. Paint work seems to have come out very good. How much did the entire skirting package come up to?

Last edited by funkykar : 29th May 2011 at 14:05.
Old 29th May 2011, 15:54   #122
BHPian

awesome.get the co driver side mirror and also debadge the SDE thing.Your car will look super cool.also get the B pillar covered in black vinyl.
Old 29th May 2011, 20:52   #123
Senior - BHPian

^^ I have been telling him to get the left ORVM since the day he got the car. He says he doesn't use it. I hate cars without left ORVMs because they look asymmetric.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 22:02   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
WOW!! The daylight pics appear awesome. Its hell of a ride dude! It has come out very very well. It appears like OEM addon. Paint work seems to have come out very good. How much did the entire skirting package come up to?
Thanks da, your support is always appreciated! I'll send you the entire cost through gtalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
awesome.get the co driver side mirror and also debadge the SDE thing.Your car will look super cool.also get the B pillar covered in black vinyl.
De-badging I'm not so sure. I've got interior lighting and underbody lighting lined up in the next few weekends. Then I've got carbon fiber film lined up for the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
^^ I have been telling him to get the left ORVM since the day he got the car. He says he doesn't use it. I hate cars without left ORVMs because they look asymmetric.
Architect! You didn't comment about the car!

***UPDATE***

Almost 9k kms on the odo. Drove all the way to T3 international airport and back. Some faint squeaking in the front wheel some where.
***TANK FILL***

Fuel volume - 41.35 L
Trip distance - 700 kms

FE in city = 16.9 kmpl

Points to note - Heavy heavy A/C usage on this run. The heats unbearable during the day, and the car's seen some bad times, bad roads and bad traffic. Still, she's pulled through at almost 17 kmpl in the city, which is admirable!
Old 29th May 2011, 22:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Architect! You didn't comment about the car!
It looks nice, although the scoop at the ends of the front facade look little out of place. That bumper is smooth inward curve, so anyway it was a tough job adding skirts. It definitely looks different.
Old 30th May 2011, 09:54   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome dude. Worth every penny. Really liked the finish. Try to paint the mesh black on the side skirts.

Also, the rear bumper mod somehow tries to give a squeezed effect on the car but the overall verdict - AWESOME.! Great work.

So what's next?
Old 30th May 2011, 11:09   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Awesome dude. Worth every penny. Really liked the finish. Try to paint the mesh black on the side skirts.

Also, the rear bumper mod somehow tries to give a squeezed effect on the car but the overall verdict - AWESOME.! Great work.

So what's next?
  1. Interior lighting (7 light variable with remote ordered from LEDGlow Lighting, LLC – Automotive & Motorcycle LED Accent Light Kits, US)
  2. Underbody lighting (7 light / 15 variations with remote)
  3. Carbon fibre weave film for hood and roof or either one.
  4. Racechip from Chiptuning von RaceChip - Prof. Motor Tuning gnadenlos preiswert
In that order

PS: A tiny little gap is visible on the interface between the rear bumper and the rear skirt. It's bolted and riveted there, but still it itches inside to know that gap's there. One has to look closely from above to see the gap. But I'm wondering whether I should drive back all the damn way just to get this done.

Last edited by ByDesign : 30th May 2011 at 11:11.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:14   #128
Senior - BHPian

Let me take back my words on the rear skirt.

The rear skirt looks really good - congrats. Next change? Alloys - 15inch Punto alloys please!
Old 30th May 2011, 20:25   #129
BHPian

i have done carbon fibre vinyl on my punto s hood and gloss black vinyl for the roof.
Old 30th May 2011, 22:09   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Let me take back my words on the rear skirt.

The rear skirt looks really good - congrats. Next change? Alloys - 15inch Punto alloys please!
I'm not too interested in OEM wheels. But I've narrowed down on 15 inch black multispoke racing alloys. That's after I wear out my 185/60's! Hopefully the same alloy dealer will buy back my present alloys for a fair price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
i have done carbon fibre vinyl on my punto s hood and gloss black vinyl for the roof.
Thanks for the post, I will check it out.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:36   #131
BHPian

Ok, I need some advice with this.

I've also posted this in the Palio MJD known problems thread, but I need more attention so I've updated my car's thread on it too.

Now, my 1.3 MJD is about a year old, touched 9k kms yesterday. A few days ago, I opened the hood to install new white LED parking lights, and noticed a lot of coolant overflowed from the coolant tank. Here's two pics,

Medium Grey Tank - New Palio Stile 1.3 MJD-20110528_134446_938_new-delhi_re.jpg

Medium Grey Tank - New Palio Stile 1.3 MJD-20110528_134458_211_new-delhi_re.jpg

I can't understand why this happened. The 2nd free service was done a month or two ago, and the coolant tank was found to be full of water and rust, I was there the whole time (my car was standing in the showroom for several months before I saw it, with coolant in the tank, apparently this is one reason for that).
So they flushed out all the gunk, drained the whole coolant system (it's a very interesting process, I won't get into it right now), and filled the tank up with two fresh jugs of coolant. 2 full litres went in.
Now its about 40 ~ 45 Degrees Celcius in Delhi, and A/C's a necessity while driving.
The second time I saw this coolant leakage was after a drive home from office. Again, the level in the coolant tank was much above max. So I let the engine cool overnight, and went down to check again in the morning. The engine was perfectly cool this time. Again, coolant level was quite above maximum, about an inch or more over the max line. I tried opening the coolant tank lid to inspect and it came surging up so I quickly shut it again. How could coolant be under pressure after a whole night of standstill engine?
Could anyone please explain here? There is no erratic idling of the car, AC works fine, AC fan works fine, engine temps show as perfectly normal on the dash.

Thanks in advance.
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 11:34   #132
Senior - BHPian

Now that the coolant leakage issue is history, could you please update on the happenings of the lighting front?

I too ordered some stuff from dealextreme.com, thanks for pointing me there, free shipping anywhere in the world coupled with decent pricing helps a lot.

By the way do LEDGlow Lighting, LLC – Automotive & Motorcycle LED Accent Light Kits provide free shipping? How did you order? did a friend bring along the stuff for you from US?

EDIT: Loved your signature a lot It is also time to add your old horse to your signature.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:10   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Again, the level in the coolant tank was much above max. So I let the engine cool overnight, and went down to check again in the morning. The engine was perfectly cool this time. Again, coolant level was quite above maximum, about an inch or more over the max line. I tried opening the coolant tank lid to inspect and it came surging up so I quickly shut it again. How could coolant be under pressure after a whole night of standstill engine?
When engine remains hot / warm - the coolant level rises above max - normal.

when you left the car over night and checked in the morning (before cold start / 8-9 hours) - did you start the car before checking the coolant level? did you open the reservoir lid with the engine running? if yes, you shouldn't have done it -> possible injury.
planet_rocker is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 13:14   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
When engine remains hot / warm - the coolant level rises above max - normal.

when you left the car over night and checked in the morning (before cold start / 8-9 hours) - did you start the car before checking the coolant level? did you open the reservoir lid with the engine running? if yes, you shouldn't have done it -> possible injury.
Issue has now been solved

Here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2376646

And then here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2377639

Thanks for the safety hazard heads up!
Old 13th June 2011, 11:43   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar
Now that the coolant leakage issue is history, could you please update on the happenings of the lighting front?

I too ordered some stuff from dealextreme.com, thanks for pointing me there, free shipping anywhere in the world coupled with decent pricing helps a lot.

By the way do LEDGlow Lighting, LLC – Automotive & Motorcycle LED Accent Light Kits provide free shipping? How did you order? did a friend bring along the stuff for you from US?

EDIT: Loved your signature a lot It is also time to add your old horse to your signature.
Hi funky. You're welcome for deal extreme. Good luck on your purchase. Yes, coolant problem is now history. Furthermore I have received my interior lighting with remote. Pics are attached. I'm in office now so took pics on phone through tbhp android app. Installation will happen in about a weeks time.

Shipping is not free I'm afraid. A friend coming down from the US got it for me.
Attached Images

ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks