Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2010, 01:27   #46
BHPian

Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
ECU reset after battery disconnection is a no worry thingy. As you drive for a few days ECU builds up the fueling trim afresh.
I doubt this, as it has been almost over1-1.5 months since I've got my car serviced. I spoke with the MASS guys today, they said that they will have to delete the code from the memory chip and let it (ECU) learn afresh! I kind of remember the technician putting the cable on and giving extra/unnecessary gas/accelerator push in both, reverse and forward; this may have got stored in it.

I hate to visit the service centres to fix problems, that too in a brand new car! The RHS panel under the steering wheel started rattling on the 3rd day! But I blame the dealership as they fixed the central locking, power windows and have done a shoddy job. The relay box was hanging, the wires were visible between the door hinges, the panels were pulled out roughly, may be that's the reason why they rattle.
Now I have come to believe, that one shouldn't allow anyone to open up the car! And go for a higher model instead which is fully equipped; else do with what you have!

Imagine, they removed my front bumper once to fit the replacement headlights, now the second time they will remove it to re-fit the AC Compressor (the washer rings have rusted completely). I thoroughly dislike it, as first they pull it out like zombies, and are not careful about putting in all the screws/clips properly. I remember, the last time, a guy (not in his uniform)didnt exactly knew how the bumper came off and pulled too hard! then while refitting it, forgot to put 2 screws & 1 clip and preferred throwing it away as he was too lazy to find the holes!
Old 11th December 2010, 18:19   #47
BHPian

Re: Experience A-Star (Read: Experience a star)

Caution! .

Please be careful guys! Recently, I was going toward South Mumbai with my family at around 8PM, where we experienced this....(PLEASE DO NOT GET DOWN FROM YOUR VEHICLE IF SOMEONE POINTS OUT/OR TRIES BRINGING SOMETHING TO YOUR NOTICE).

Plot 1
I was waiting at the Milan Subway Junction, on SV Road, and my car was in the second row; the signal had just turned red. A shady looking guy suddenly came from the front and started pointing toward the front of the car. My Dad instantly told me "Wait, dont get down, this is a plot, now another guy will follow in a few seconds and point at the same spot indicating some problem!". Bang on! another guy followed and pointed at the same spot. My dad told me to drive away and stop after a few kms.
I got down and checked at Khar (2kms away) and it turned out that it was indeed a plot!
My dad told me, that he had read this in the paper a few days ago, and experienced the same thing at Dharavi-Sion Junction.

Plot 2
Similarly, the other day, I took a walk around my car before starting it, and was pretty sure there was no animal or human near it, as at times, there are some beggars who lurk dangerously new a car or a dog sleeps under a car. I was pretty sure and just double checked once to make sure, I suddenly noticed one small beggar kid, deliberately hid behind my car. Now think about it, my car was the only car on that street, there wasn't any hut around where she could be residing, then why all of a sudden would a small kid hide behind my car?I immediately sensed that this is a plot to blame me that I banged into her an extract money!
So, I got down and yelled at her and shooed he away! and voila, he her so called parents were hiding behind a tree trunk! Man! this was a close call! I joined the dots and figured out that she was hiding deliberately behind my car so when I would reverse (in order to avoid hitting the street lamp in the front), she would claim to have got hurt and shout for help! to which her parents would come rushing and create a ruckus! and gather people! and thus extract money or steal something from the car!

I passed on this information to my office colleagues, and yes, one of them faced the same plot 1 trick at the Thane Godhbunder road! Imagine, if it would have been our respective wives, or mothers, daughters etc.

I REQUEST EVERY T-BHP MEMBER TO BE CAUTIOUS AND PASS ON THIS INFORMATION TO THIER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND SAVE THEMSELVES FROM SUCH PLOTS! DRIVE SAFE!
karan1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2010, 21:53   #48
BHPian

Thanks for the informations ,Karan.I dont think It is a problem here in calicut.
I am waiting for your next set of pics
Old 13th December 2010, 12:23   #49
BHPian

@karan - Intially my car made click click noise over small potholes but disappeared after 4 months.Is the sound I mentioned similar to sound in your car?If yes then there is no problem .

If you have problems with your MASS change the MASS
BTW, How is the service centre of Vitesse?I heard that it is one the best maruti dealer and service is top notch.

It is ridiculous to remove bumper to change headlamps and A/C compressor.I think You should complain to Maruti about this.

Sometimes I have problem in slotting 1st gear and reverse gear , otherwise gearbox is good.

Lastly, I am eagerly waiting for your in depth analysis about Your vehicle.
When Can I expect it?

Thanks for sharing the information.
Drive safe
Old 9th January 2011, 21:41   #50
BHPian

Unfortunately, just a few days back, my neighbour rammed into my car from behind. Here is what happended: My car was parked on the road along with my neighbour's car behind mine. He is new to driving, so he rammed his Hyundai I-20's front LHS while hitting the road. I have attached pics of my car after accident. In the evening I did catch hold of him and he has agreed to pay for the expenses.

I have approached a MASS at Andheri Kurla road, and they have said that the bumper can be repaired, but wont look as good as new. So i have opted for a new bumer along with painting. I have a doubt over here, and want some people who have experience with A**. He said that the code in the User manual will be the most probable match for sure, but for an exact match, he will need my fuel LID. So far, I have been going to Sai Service, but they have never asked for my fuel Lid. Then why are these guys asking for it?
Is that since it is a small MASS, they will source the paint from a MASS with a bigger setup?so they require the fuel Lid?

I am jus worried as I do not want some cheap after market spray or poor quality spray or a poor paint job. The MASS that I have spoken with has a paint booth and I have told them that I want to see the painting procedure take place in their booth (just making sure that they do it in the paint booth and not out in the open).

Guys,I want your experiences with A** especially Maruti Auth. Service Stations with thier painting procedures.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience A-Star (Read: Experience a star)-photo0038.jpg  

Experience A-Star (Read: Experience a star)-photo0039.jpg  

Old 10th January 2011, 11:27   #51
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT permit bumping up your own query. Such posts are classified as SPAM. Please do NOT inconvenience other users by bumping up your own posts.

Last edited by GTO : 31st January 2011 at 15:10.
karan1609 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2011, 11:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

They're asking for the fuel lid to get the paint mixed and matched from somewhere else. To make sure that the mixed paint matches with the paint on your car. There is nothing wrong about this procedure.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:04   #53
BHPian

@Karan - I replaced the rear bumper of my A- star twice and MASS never had problem of matching the colour. IMO , please don't get job done from SAI their explanation of exact colour matching looks dubious to me.
Get the bumper replaced from different Authorised Service station.

What is the total cost of work the MASS is quoting?It should not be more than Rs 4500(inclusive of labour , painting of bumper and the bumper and taxes)
Old 10th January 2011, 22:40   #54
BHPian

I got the work done and will post the photos tomorrow!

The cost of:
A-star MGP Bumper - Rs. 980 + Taxes = Rs. 1113
A-Star MGA Bumper Corner Protector = Rs. 490
Bumper Painting Charge @ MASS = Rs. 2250

The paint matching is almost as good as the factory's. However, I noticed some dust particles stuck on the painted bumper. Have reported it to the MASS and they have requested me to re-visit them after 3-4 days and they will polish and buff the bumper. I liked the finish and would rate the quality at 3.5 on 5.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:58   #55
BHPian

I just took the delivery of the car post bumper replacement and re-painting and here are the results. Just hours after I took the delivery, a crazy biker rammed into my freshly painted bumper and fled! Wow! Trust me, I am so furious! I would have preferred the bumper to remain like new atleast for a month!
Attached Thumbnails
Experience A-Star (Read: Experience a star)-photo0054.jpg  

Experience A-Star (Read: Experience a star)-photo0056.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th January 2011 at 00:17. Reason: Image removed on request
Old 30th January 2011, 20:48   #56
BHPian

Hey, everyone the 5000Kms is underway! I have reached 4400 .

Today, while driving over one Km of poorly laid paverblocks, i heard rattling noise from the RHS. This is not the loud thud which would be heard while going over deep potholes, but a constant rattle (metal to metal) as if something somewhere is loose. It is quite irritating!

I had shown it to AutoVisa (Dealership MASS) but after repeated TDs, this is what they did:

1) One of the technicians thought that the brake callipers have developed play. He greased the calliper pins and the steering ball joint and tightened the callipers.
As a result of which, the braking has improved as the brakes have become more sensitive.

2)One of the technicians thought that it could be the bolts that hold together the steering rack assembly. So he greased it and fixed it back

3)One of the technicians thought that it is the sound due to loose axle joints. He tighened and greased it from the hub area of the wheel.
I suggested that they check the steering bush, rack bushes and check if the coil springs around the struts are hitting eachother causing the rattle! as the noise is only heard at low speeds and rough roads and NOT high speed and deep potholes.

The noise is still heard with the same intensity, and the only collateral advantages of the troubleshooting in the dark is that the brakes have become better and the sterring has become lighter. The noise has been there since the first week of purchase.

If anyone of you has faced the same issue on thier swift/A-star then please do shed light along with the solution that was used. I think the guys at Autovista's dealership are not that competent. So may be this time I will go to Sai Service Andheri.
Old 31st January 2011, 22:29   #57
BHPian

Hey Karan,

I would suggest you visit Spectra Motors at Kanchpada, Malad. I have done quite a few touch up jobs there and have been totally satisfied with the quality of their paint work. Speak to a Service Advisor called Anthony. A very dedicated guy. He will see you right.
I can't say anything about Sai Service as I have never used them.

Regards,
SS
Old 31st January 2011, 22:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

If you are planning to visit Spectra Malad, do not visit it on weekends. SA would be too rushed to do any troubleshooting.
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:09   #59
BHPian

congrats bro!!!!!and felt bad too for the bumper..my k 10 got its fender scratched at around 7-8 patches by small pebbles that fell off from the hill my car was parked next to-courtesy MONKEYS of shimla!!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan1609 View Post
Hey, everyone the 5000Kms is underway! I have reached 4400 .

Today, while driving over one Km of poorly laid paverblocks, i heard rattling noise from the RHS. This is not the loud thud which would be heard while going over deep potholes, but a constant rattle (metal to metal) as if something somewhere is loose. It is quite irritating!

I had shown it to AutoVisa (Dealership MASS) but after repeated TDs, this is what they did:

1) One of the technicians thought that the brake callipers have developed play. He greased the calliper pins and the steering ball joint and tightened the callipers.
As a result of which, the braking has improved as the brakes have become more sensitive.

2)One of the technicians thought that it could be the bolts that hold together the steering rack assembly. So he greased it and fixed it back

3)One of the technicians thought that it is the sound due to loose axle joints. He tighened and greased it from the hub area of the wheel.
I suggested that they check the steering bush, rack bushes and check if the coil springs around the struts are hitting eachother causing the rattle! as the noise is only heard at low speeds and rough roads and NOT high speed and deep potholes.

The noise is still heard with the same intensity, and the only collateral advantages of the troubleshooting in the dark is that the brakes have become better and the sterring has become lighter. The noise has been there since the first week of purchase.

If anyone of you has faced the same issue on thier swift/A-star then please do shed light along with the solution that was used. I think the guys at Autovista's dealership are not that competent. So may be this time I will go to Sai Service Andheri.
SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its like some screw slowly getting loose!!!but now i am scared to go to the dealer after whatever you told...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks