Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2005, 09:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta 1.4 ZXI (TDCi) costs 6.99Lac here at ktm (showoom price). ZXI is the only diesel version available. Its loaded,but i guess they should have provided alloys and much more meatier tyres.

The showroom guy quoted 24kmpl for the TDCi. People should be happy if it would gibe 15kmpl.

The boot's big! and liked the ac vent. cool.

I would have preffered more underbody engine protection ( for radiator tubes and sort).
Old 21st November 2005, 10:33   #17
cnu
BHPian

This is one review most of the us are eagerly waiting for. Thanks GTO for the excellent review. We surely have a winner.
Old 21st November 2005, 10:42   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did the salesman make any tall claims about the fuel efficiency of the diesel?
Sajo, All the local dealerships know me, and that they cannot get away with exaggerated claims

Quote:
That's the same impression i had when i test drove it. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=305) It's much faster than the NHC and maybe even the Accent. Excellent AC(maybe even better than the Baleno),brakes and sporty gearshift were the things i liked most.
Spot on, iamjimmy. They have spaced the product out really well to cover different segments within the C segment.

Quote:
i really doubt if the fiesta beats the accent CRDi in performance
Correct, Amit. It probably wont in terms of outright performance but it will be close. Plus the Accent at the same price cannot match the comfort, space, ride quality and interior amenities at all.

Quote:
The diesel should definitely be a clear winner since its developed by Peugeot - citroen.
Nitrous, Are you sure that the diesel engine is developed by Peugeot? Not surprising then that it is so

Quote:
GTO - any idea about waiting time/delivery time for the Fiesta?..is it more for the diesel option?..
srasania, Shaman Ford booked 72 Fiestas in 48 hours. Not bad for a single showroom and for a car with average price tag of 7 lacs. I expect maximum demand to be for either the 1.4 Petrol or the 1.4 Diesel.

Quote:
why would Petrolheads (one with a budget) would go in for the fiesta 1.4 instead of a Baleno lxi.the cars are in thesame price band. The fiesta though is about 30-40 grand more and less powerfull too
Islandman, the Fiesta 1.4 beats the Baleno hollow in every parameter but for outright performance. But hey, they do have the 1.6 powerplant which I am DYING to test this week.

I have said this before and I say it again...how stupid of Ford to offer only base levels of equipment on the 1.4 petrol? Why cant someone save 75,000 against a 1.6, and yet have high interior fitments and ABS? Big Mistake Ford. Look at GM - Their 1.6 Optra with all options sells a lot more than the 1.8.

GTO
Old 21st November 2005, 10:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Nitrous, Are you sure that the diesel engine is developed by Peugeot? Not surprising then that it is so
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=300
Old 21st November 2005, 11:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

The equation may slightly go against Ford if they do hike the prices by 20 to 30K.
Probably 20K for the 1.4 and 30K for the diesel.
A 30K hike would bring the 1.6 SXi pretty close to the 1.6 Optra and the ZX Vtec and more than the Lancer ..
Old 21st November 2005, 12:30   #21
BHPian

Hey GTO ,
Nice review there.Even i was planning on writring one but didnt find the time .Anyways guys I have booked the diesel version.cant wait to race it along with my Crdi.Delivery will be around december mid.
Old 21st November 2005, 15:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey GTO,
nice review.
I was quite put off when i saw that there was no SXi model in the diesel of 1.4 petrol.
Did anyone notice that the fiesta didn't have a driver seat back pocket? It only has a passenger side seatback pocket.
Guess 1 year down the line when a new fiesta comes out with some modifications (remember the ikon? some changes always happened every 6 months), they will add the seatback pocket for the driver too.
Old 21st November 2005, 15:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
I was quite put off when i saw that there was no SXi model in the diesel of 1.4 petrol.
Did anyone notice that the fiesta didn't have a driver seat back pocket? It only has a passenger side seatback pocket.
The result of cost-cutting being taken to the greatest extent - this is my only concern about the car. The real effect of all those cost cuts can only be judged after the car has been on the road for a while.
Old 21st November 2005, 15:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

nice one, GTO. so, it seems like ford DOES have another success story on their hands...a repeat case of ikon, but with even better results this time, perhaps...

i'm betting on the 1.4 petrol and the diesel to garner numbers on a 60-30 ratio; the rest 10% will be taken up by the 1.6....methinks NHC ZX ain't gonna cut it no more.... and maybe the 1.6 might even entice some of the potential optra 1.6 cutomers too...

with the endeavour crdi in ford's 2006 itinerary, i think ford just got hot again... now, if only they could bring in the GT40....
Old 21st November 2005, 15:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
The result of cost-cutting being taken to the greatest extent - this is my only concern about the car. The real effect of all those cost cuts can only be judged after the car has been on the road for a while.
Old 21st November 2005, 15:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

@GTO, one of tbhpians remarked that for 6 foot+ people the passengers seat next to driver is extremely short on space. Is it true. How does it compare to skoda(I found co-drivers seat in octavia to be pretty tight fit)
Old 21st November 2005, 16:04   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@GTO, one of tbhpians remarked that for 6 foot+ people the passengers seat next to driver is extremely short on space. Is it true.
Correct!! And thanks for reminding me. My friend (6'0 height) had his knees touching the dash. Unlike in the Ikon where the dash is skooped on the passenger side to generate more room.

GTO
Old 21st November 2005, 16:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

This really sucks! I am 6'2" and it means that I can never sit in passenger seat comfortably!
Indica, Getz, Swift, Palio which are hatchbacks have loads of room in the shotgun seat, and here we have a midsizer which cannot seat tall people comfortably!
Old 21st November 2005, 16:41   #29
BHPian

driven ford fiesta 1.4 tdci

hi folks hav just test driven 1.4 diesel at wasan ford chembur ... wasan service sucks the attitude of the people is also bad..

any way coming 2 the car .. the car looks good but its a little smaller than the accent .. the boot is huge with no intrusion of the rear suspension ... on the inside the car feels like a C segment car unlike the C+ segment its being projected as...

it feels quite cramped with leg room compared to the wagon r and other b segment cars for the co driver , for the driver its nice with steering feeling just right and enough head room... the shoulder room and the space between the seats is way too less... but its dooable...

also i noticed that the car dint hav any cup holders in the dashboard..
the only space 2 keep your drinks is the bottle holders in the car doors which is quite anoyying becuse u would have 2 constantly use your right hand 2 get yourself a sip or 2 while driving.. also i am so used 2 the cup holders in my accent crdi which r ergonomically located in the dashboard hehehe

now in the back the car had enough leg room almost as roomy as the accent or probably little more.. which i could not make out ... but it was quite comfortable..

the started the engine , there was no vibration at all unlike the crdi where u can feel the engine breathing 2 life when u switch it on ...i then switched the ac on ... put the car in first gear.. dint press the accelerator ... gently left the clutch 2 see how the car faired ... it gently pulled the car forward ... i then put the car in second and the car pushed itself 2 match the engine speed 2 idle ... it was impressive ... but when u are used 2 a crdi engine u would not be impressed with this car ... i did some hard driving also .. but the car dint have the josh 2 go fida on it ... its quite a slow but steady performer with no tyre burning performance like the crdi ... four people inside the car feels very underpowered ..... the car no doubt is quite fuel efficient becuse the on board computer says 145 kms more 2 go when the fuel tank indicator was almost near empty ...

but i would not pay 8 lakhs for this ... the engine is no doubt fuel efficient but underpowered for this car ..

its not value for money ... no electric power mirrors (the cheaper petrol sxi has got them or a much cheaper baleno 6 lakhs onroad has them ..shame), no cup holders ......no illuminated driver side power window switches ( tata indica has them) ... the placement of the 12 volt switch inside the dashboard in too cramped ... no CLOCK !!! ( how eXpensive is it 2 put a clock in a 8 lak rupee car ... phew its ridiculess )

plus i think ill never buy any ford from wasan they suck ...

just waiting for hyundai 2 upgrade the crdi ( probably make it cheaper )
Old 21st November 2005, 16:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Threads merged. Please do a search before starting new threads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks