Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2005, 17:26   #31
BANNED

i drove the car for 6 continuous hours to check out its fe and drivability
fe was more than what i expected = 25 kmpl including
60 % highway and 40% city
well this should not be leaked out to any ford dealer because i got to test drive the car through jhol
i am here talking about the diesel 1.4 model and have booked 3 for myself
pm me for any more queries
Old 21st November 2005, 17:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Fuel for Fiesta ?

The petrol 1.6 has a compression ratio of 9.75:1
Does that mean it would run best on 91 octane or more ?
Old 21st November 2005, 17:56   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancster
fe was more than what i expected = 25 kmpl including
60 % highway and 40% city
What??? Fiesta FE is 25kmpl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancster
well this should not be leaked out to any ford dealer because i got to test drive the car through jhol
i am here talking about the diesel 1.4 model
This forum is quite a secret place. Rest assured, nobody will know.
Old 21st November 2005, 18:06   #34
BHPian

I think 25 kpl is way 2 much for a car this size ... i think anything between 13 and 16kpl should b ok
Old 21st November 2005, 18:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

yeah the diesel does not sound like its VFM. They *at least* needed to provide the same goodies as the Petrol 1.6 Sxi for the extra moolah.
Old 21st November 2005, 18:36   #36
BANNED

guys go test drive it yourself then...50% of the fuel on the indicator comes down quickly but later dude trust me it looks as if its gonna be empty within 20 kms but the distance it goes was unbelievable
ford has done it this time . i was told that petrol version also is quite good meaning it gives around 10-12 kmpl
and my cousin has already booked a fiesta 1.6 top model which he will be getting in a weeks time and he will be importing all the performance stuff for fiesta in about 3-4 days from today
turbo nos plugs to every possible thing...everything that is made for fiesta particularly except for nos
i hope his fe does not drop to 1lpkm ( LITRE PER KILO METER)
hahahahahahaha

anyways i went through this thread...ks motosport coming up with dyno check
i am too excited about it as i want to check out my lancers hp and even my cousing would want to check his fiesta
he has been promised by his friend abroad (dont know where but he is the one who is sending fiesta products that the car with nos will definately be more than 250 bhp..
Old 21st November 2005, 18:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
@GTO, one of tbhpians remarked that for 6 foot+ people the passengers seat next to driver is extremely short on space. Is it true. How does it compare to skoda(I found co-drivers seat in octavia to be pretty tight fit)
mea culpa!

I am 6-3" and i can tell you the seat next to the driver was almost unusable for me. I have no idea why..Ford overlooked that.

One blemish for an otherwise fine car.

Quote:
Islandman, the Fiesta 1.4 beats the Baleno hollow in every parameter but for outright performance. But hey, they do have the 1.6 powerplant which I am DYING to test this week.
I had a small drive of the 1.6 on the same day when i had driven the 1.4 and i can tell you the 1.6 felt quicker than the Baleno which i drive all the time. Cannot comment on straight line performance without a drive for a longer duration..

Quote:
The 1.4s duratec unit pumps out a healthy 82 BHP which is in tune with the NHCs 77 bhp. Butttttttttttt the Fiesta has a significantly more amount of punch
Quote:
It is actually the 1.4 and NOT the 1.6 which is the NHCs direct competitor. The power output is in the same range. And it is 1.5 lacs cheaper.
Quote:
methinks NHC ZX ain't gonna cut it no more....
me too.. I think that the 1.4 Fiesta beats the NHC inside out in almost every aspect ( save perhaps the interiors of NHC Gxi vs Fiesta 1.4 base).

Logically being 1.5 L cheaper the Fiesta 1.4 should sell more. And if Ford wants to make a dent in the premium C segmant then it has to garner some of the 3000+ cars that the NHC sells monthly.

The only worrying factor for me was the FE of 1.4, seeing the short gearing and very rev happy engine i hope the FE is not compromised too much. We know how sensitive the indian market is to FE.

Quote:
i really doubt if the fiesta beats the accent CRDi in performance
The Fiesta is a more complete automobile than the Accent Crdi in every aspect except straight line performance. Even then the engine is more refined and sounds and drives lesser like a diesel viz a viz the accent. And if we take the Ride, Interiors, AC,drivebility-it's almost a generation ahead.

Last edited by imjimmy : 21st November 2005 at 18:56.
Old 21st November 2005, 19:21   #38
BHPian

Very nice review. How about a detailed FE review also.
Old 21st November 2005, 19:21   #39
BHPian

Same goodies as as sxi petrol for the zxi diesel to justify the premium. Well perhaps you are right.

what about 1.6 tdci motor with about 80 bhp. I think if they had given that alongwith the zxi diesel it would have been perfect .
Old 21st November 2005, 19:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen
Hey GTO ,
Nice review there.Even i was planning on writring one but didnt find the time .Anyways guys I have booked the diesel version.cant wait to race it along with my Crdi.Delivery will be around december mid.
Just a thought on technical aspect of your race....
diesels are known to be sluggish due to heavy engines (high component inertia), reason being a lot of energy actually getting consumed in accelerating heavy engine-parts, only remaining being left for the car itself. If I am not wrong, hyundai does not call crdi as "all aluminium" so it must be made up of conventional iron which should be much heavier than fiesta's alluminium duratorq. So you might have observed quicker response to pedal in duratorq. If this is true, then fiesta may try to catch up with crdi in quick speed ups in spite of lower torque/power numbers as somebody pointed out. The effect should be prominent in lowers gears as opposed to higher, because "engine" acceleration is much higher in lower gears (initial take off at lights being a common example) . But when it comes to high speed racing or sustained traction on upward slopes, the lack of 15 odd horses must become evident.

would like to see your comments once you are done with on-road tests!

PS: till yesterday, both dealers in bangalore didn't have 1.6 petrol for test drives... disappointing! Hoped it may be available in other cities, but it seems to be same more or less everywhere...
Old 21st November 2005, 20:44   #41
BHPian

Great review GTO. Looks like Ford has it spot on with the 1.4 Petrol. Too bad they dont offer the Zxi trim and ABS on it though... :-(

and there seems to be a shortage of 1.6's is it?
Old 21st November 2005, 21:41   #42
Team-BHP Support

I have some different opinion on the overall fit and finish of the Fiesta I checked out. Will take a weeks time to get pics to explain my observations clearly. Overall the car is placed well and hopefully will perform good too.
Old 21st November 2005, 22:36   #43
BHPian

Gr8 Review GTO. I'm sure FORD has a winner on their hands...iffff they improve their after sales service and price their spares decently. Looking forward to the 1.6 SXi review...

Cheers!!!
Old 22nd November 2005, 10:55   #44
BHPian

Spare part costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
Gr8 Review GTO. I'm sure FORD has a winner on their hands...iffff they improve their after sales service and price their spares decently. Looking forward to the 1.6 SXi review...

Cheers!!!
Hoping GTO will fill us in with general spare part costs, In Bangalore the dealors do not have the prices yet or so they say.
Old 22nd November 2005, 11:22   #45
BHPian

All variants come with just one year warranty. The price of extended warranty is unavailable.

No mudflaps and floor mats in any variants.

The audio system sounded very basic, so most audio enthusiasts would have to upgrade the audio.

Suggested FE 1.4 Petrol, 12kmpl in city and 14kmpl Highway

Suggested FE 1.6 Petrol, 10kmpl in city and 12kmpl Highway

Source: Wasan Motors

Last edited by observer : 22nd November 2005 at 11:25.

Most Viewed