Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

First, A big hats off to Tata & its engineers who have created this marvel dream come true.

Next, to TBHPian for giving a first hand TD report. Great!

Tata Nano... Truly Special & Truly Indian
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
a promise is a promise ?

well tata QC is spotty at best. God knows to what levels they might have compromised on the QC to get it built to this cost. The vista got rave reviews at first, and the problems have started showing up.

I guess first time car owners wouldnt mind, and numerous tata vehicle issues have helped other manufacturers also lower their standards , and make them look acceptable.

Manufacturing and selling to a price is good, but i think lowering the bar is not something to be proud of. God forbid what happens when nanos with issues start flooding tata service centers

I'm not trying to bash tata , and I'd love to be proved wrong.
The Nano costs less than the price of two 150cc bikes in India.... have you pondered or thought about it before criticizing Tata?
I am not expecting it to be exactly trouble free or having toyota or honda levels of quality. Its built to a price and the statement never held truer for anything else in the Indian automobile market, not in past, not in future too if u ask me.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Lo aaa gayi NANO !!

Kudos to "anonymous supporter" !!
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Thanks " anonymous supporter of Team-BHP"
Thanks GTO.
It was an eye opener for me, I was really under the impression that Nano will be far worse than our M800.
2'nd car for the city runs ? Anyone ?
Talk about exclusive reviews, Team-bhp rules
Count me for that. I had a similar dilema. I was just arguing with my Dad that what would happen to M800. I was for and he was against. Well now it looks like i would have to think again.

Very wll written review, also the first that i have read about nano hands on. Keep it coming.

So who all bhpians are booking the Nano.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:40   #65
BHPian

finally the much anticipated nano is here..
and commendable job done by tata engineers.finally they have proved that we can have a car for that price tag.
and to tbhp to be always the first one to be there.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:46   #66
BHPian

Basic NANO betters VFM more than any other consumer offering.Definitely some years down the lane,I envisage exclusive Nano races and rallies.This is Indian incarnation of VW beetle.Just love the rear engine.

BTW,why didn't the review mention anything about a/c performance in the lx variant.Afterall, LX is about it.IF not for a/c , one can go with basic variant itself and then add powerwindows and paint the bumpers.

If I read right, I think even LX variant doesn't come up with disc brakes at front. A big negative I must say.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Nano is great product for poor people in mind who cant afford to buy cars in India and who travel in 2 wheeler and looking for better alternate options.

Thats good review for sure very honest one, But its very clear it cant beat M800 in terms of quality, handling, stability etc...

We need to consider Nano as people's car who don't expect anything except vehicle which is safer than 2 wheeler. I wanted to own Nano when i heard about it 2 years back but after studying it fully few months back I realized I would be happy to buy one for the person who cant buy car.

I sincerely request people who can afford other cars don't book Nano at this point of time and give poor people a choice to own one! Or do like this buy Nano for poor people. I am going to do the samething.

I hope TATA won't give Nano to any VIP/celebrities to promote it as marketing is not needed at all for first 2 years or even forever If it could give decent engine quality.

Ravi.

PS Base version Nano is great VFM. Top end Nano would cost nearly 2 lacs in Bangalore means there is no immediate threat to small cars like prooved M800/Alto.

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd March 2009 at 20:50.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
a promise is a promise ?

well tata QC is spotty at best. God knows to what levels they might have compromised on the QC to get it built to this cost. The vista got rave reviews at first, and the problems have started showing up.

I guess first time car owners wouldnt mind, and numerous tata vehicle issues have helped other manufacturers also lower their standards , and make them look acceptable.
I personally think that a customer who upgrades from a Rs.40-50k bike to a vehicle which costs 2-3 times more is bound to be more finicky ( I was when I upgraded my Caliber to a Pulsar and then to the Indica) than a person who would for e.g buy an Indica as his/her first car and I expect that Tata knows this much better since he conceived the idea of the Nano.

Do you think Bosch or ZF or Mahle or for that matter Tata themselves would have lower QC checks simply because it is a cheap car, I think they would be more careful since warranty replacements would hit them hard simply because of the volumes they expect to sell.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:58   #69
TOR
BHPian

Will the Nano be available/used as an autorikshaw replacement?
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:59   #70
BHPian

smiling all the way

Couldn't resist posting this portrait of nano from web:
Attached Thumbnails
Test-Driven : Tata Nano!-tatanano.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2009, 21:09   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Will the Nano be available/used as an autorikshaw replacement?
Nope, I wish it was that way but it's for the masses as a personal car and not an auto.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:14   #72
Ice
BHPian

Article in NY Times

The West doesn't like it. Green, Inc. doesn't like it. Not a great argument, as the safety aspect provided by the Nano to current 2-wheeler-riding families is completely forgotten.

World’s Cheapest Car: Boon or Bane? - Green Inc. Blog - NYTimes.com
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:27   #73
BHPian

Yes, but one more segment is there, who may buy as second or third car. I was thinking of buying a second hand car in the budget of around 1-1.5 lakhs for my mom. Now I can look at this option

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Prospective buyers are not exactly two wheel buyer but people who have a family but can afford nothing more than 2 wheels.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:28   #74
BHPian

is the nano well weighted? the car seems too tall and top heavy to me.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:31   #75
BHPian

Quick and nice review.
Thank you Mr. Tata and team for making India proud.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks