Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 19:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Packy Poda mats

Ok I now installed Packy Poda mats for my car. Costed 650 bucks.

Before and after snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-image001.jpg  

Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-image002.jpg  

Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-image003.jpg  

Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-image004.jpg  

Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-image005.jpg  

Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-image007.jpg  

Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done-img_0183.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th November 2010, 21:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice ,are packy poda mats universal for all cars ? .Where did u get this in bangalore? 650 for set of 4 or 2 ?

Last edited by black12rr : 10th November 2010 at 21:03.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:05   #33
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats greesrik. Cars looks fine. Happy and safe motoring. Very good decision for going for Titanium.
Regarding the poda mats, there is one I have seen in chennai (not poda). It was like a tray so the mud will not fall in the floor mats. I will try to take a snap and post it.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Nice ,are packy poda mats universal for all cars ? .Where did u get this in bangalore? 650 for set of 4 or 2 ?
set of 4 black12rr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats greesrik. Cars looks fine. Happy and safe motoring. Very good decision for going for Titanium.
Regarding the poda mats, there is one I have seen in chennai (not poda). It was like a tray so the mud will not fall in the floor mats. I will try to take a snap and post it.
i desperately want these. RGK, can you source the mats or the information about them for me? They are called 3D mats and one size wont fit all unfortunately. if you can let me know that would be wonderful.
Old 11th November 2010, 20:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mileage update & other chronicles

I rarely check mileages due to lack of time to do so. however, I got a mileage statistic of 16 kmpl when I last checked the DTE feature. The DTE was reading X, I put in 15 litres of normal diesel and it was showing Y. Even on an approximation (Y-X)/15 it was exactly 16kmpl. Feels good.

I am planning to install a leather steering wrap as steering is heavy and slippery too. Also thinking of seat covers as time goes by.
Old 11th November 2010, 21:18   #36
BHPian

Very good comparison Srikanth you have done of figo and swift.
I know city does not have good under thigh support and would not be good for long run.That might be the reason for selling the same. And you saved few moolah as well.
Anyways after discussing with you I opted for swift for obvious reasons as visible for your post minus few stuff like airbags and audio stuff.
Old 17th November 2010, 12:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

on tyre sizes, ground clearance increase and road hump nuisances

this is the time to talk about the ground clearance of the figo which perhaps is its only sore point. with three adults (all reasonably sized) + a kid, I managed to scrape real hard on one of the unscientific road humps near my home. This even upon going really slow over it. it was a covered up trench which was dug up days ago and they had made an unholy mound over it as usual.

the last time i scraped was on a tarred unscientific hump concocted by human hands and not a machine with one hulk in the front with me and half a hulk at the back. so this brings me to the point that one person is enough at the back to show suspension issues. bringing me to the question whether ford's suspension can be tightened or not during service to match something like the swifts.

spoke to jaggu bhai here, and he said its not possible unless it was an aftermarket installed suspension. i also spoke to ashwin of sai iyengar for tyre profile increase. he said 15 inch alloys are not at all recommended for figo. as for existing 14 inchers, i could go from steel rims to alloys, just like the way tirthankar has done it here on this forum. also ashwin suggested from 175 65, i could go to 185 70, but i asked him the maximum for which he said i can go to 185 85, beyond which its again not recommended. with the last configuration i would be able to get about 20mm of increase and with the 185 70, about 14 mm more. whether or not this would solve the road hump scrape is something I want people to englighten me about. please provide your opinions.

also since i ve crossed 1000 kms now, there is hardly any resale price for my tyres or rims anyways. the new ones could set me back by 35+k for both alloys and tyres.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 17th November 2010 at 12:40. Reason: title change
Old 17th November 2010, 13:00   #38
BHPian

Try the recommended tyrepressures first. 36 in front and 41 at rear. and take the same hump and see if there are any differences.
Old 17th November 2010, 13:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

mate you are talking two wheeler pressures? i use 30 on all tyres?! am i wrong?
Old 17th November 2010, 14:04   #40
BHPian

Well check the Figo manual. I also was using 30 at the start but the manual recommends the higher pressure. They have 30 for unladen and 36-41 for full load i think. Don't have the manual to check right now. Can the other figo owners comment?
Old 17th November 2010, 14:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

vishnu, how is it practically possible to keep going to the petrol pump to fill air each time load varies? so there must be a mean (average) pressure like 32 or something of that sort right? i can try 32 next time though.
Old 17th November 2010, 15:19   #42
BHPian

^^^^
Try keeping 35 all around! The recommended pressure for Figo and Fiesta are same. I am keeping all around pressure at 35 in my Fiesta. This solves most of mountain issues in Bangalore if not all!

Alternatively you can always buy a air compressor which uses 12v socket, keep it in car!
Old 17th November 2010, 15:36   #43
Team-BHP Support

The ground clearance aint that bad. You can change from 175/65-14 to 185/65-14. Anything more than that will just mess up the handling of the car as the profile will be too large.

Even if you go slow many speed breakers scrape. Even my Altis which is supposed to have the highest GC scrapes.

How do you make it not scrape? Simple just go over the hump diagonally. Watch your mirrors approach the hump from the left or the right and approach the hump at an angle. There's no way it will touch.
Old 17th November 2010, 15:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The ground clearance aint that bad. You can change from 175/65-14 to 185/65-14. Anything more than that will just mess up the handling of the car as the profile will be too large.

How do you make it not scrape? Simple just go over the hump diagonally. Watch your mirrors approach the hump from the left or the right and approach the hump at an angle. There's no way it will touch.
when you say mess up handling of the car what exactly do you mean? i see that tirthankar has 195/60 and yet he doesnt speak of many undulations. might give lesser mileage though.

i somehow am not akin to the idea of driving oblique on road humps. its a pretty strange sight. as though we lift the car with two pairs of wheels one at a time first front the back. i think all the car owners have to pressurize the governement to first set right these crazy humps. they have to understand we are participating in the economy by buying these cars that sell for this much and they need to give something as basic as a good road hump to achieve its purpose instead of destroying the car all the time. :-(
Old 17th November 2010, 16:08   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
when you say mess up handling of the car what exactly do you mean? i see that tirthankar has 195/60 and yet he doesnt speak of many undulations. might give lesser mileage though.
Why do sports cars have low profile tyres? To keep the sidewall flex to a minimum. When you turn the steering the wheels should turn instantly. If the tyre profile is large any steering inputs first results in a flex and then the wheels turn in the intended direction.

But we need a high sidewall height to absorb the bumps. The suspension does some part of the cushioning but it's the tyres that do a lot of it.

A higher sidewall results in good ride but poor handling.

195/60-14 has a lower sidewall than 185/65-14 so the effect will not be much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks