Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 01:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done

About the underbody anti-rust coating, I would recommend it even in non coastal areas. The figo is plagued with noise from the sand/ rain thrown up from the tires. This noise will be substantially reduced by the underbody coating. Thus improving the in-cabin ambiance. BTW what was the quote for underbody coating?
Old 2nd January 2011, 13:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

The quote for underbody coating is somewhere in the range 3.5k if i am not mistaken. 5 year warranty + touchups on every service without extra cost. should get it done. there is a 3m shop next to my house. must go there.
Old 3rd January 2011, 00:21   #93
Senior - BHPian

It was 3.5K for my Honda city. Should be 2.7K for hatchbacks. Tell them that your car is a B segment hatchback.
Old 3rd January 2011, 01:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

GreekSrik, Congrats on a fine car.

For a new car I feel that underbody coating might be a waste of money in a city like Bangalore. You can always get the coating done after a few years.
Old 8th January 2011, 11:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
GreekSrik, Congrats on a fine car.

For a new car I feel that underbody coating might be a waste of money in a city like Bangalore. You can always get the coating done after a few years.
Thanks captain for your suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
It was 3.5K for my Honda city. Should be 2.7K for hatchbacks. Tell them that your car is a B segment hatchback.
wildsdi, thanks, i will look into this with 3M directly.

Meanwhile, this had to happen one day or the other and the first monday after the new year, i came out beaming to go to office full of freshness dressed in a white pant, and BAM! my rear tyre was flattened the previous night. Cursing myself, I decided to repair it. The JACK as usual was over complicated and it took me 45 mins to figure out how to open the thing. Along with a call to the service center needless to say. With new cars this is always an issue. However once I opened it, I put in the stepney as replacement and got the other one repaired during a trip to indiranagar at Sai Iyengars for a cost of 100 bucks.

After service I have a sound at the top left of the rear seat. Each time I go over pothole or hump it says "Kharrrrk" "Kharrrk". Did not find it to be irritating so leaving to check it later. My baby is slowly reaching the 3k mark in about 4 months now. The plans for another new year eve outing was squashed as all resorts were booked everywhere by everybody in november itself.

Perhaps they should introduce TATKAL scheme for resorts also now.
Old 8th January 2011, 14:08   #96
BHPian

For Kharr Kharr noise, do one thing, just apply some lubricant to all the door beadings. The noise is due to rubber going dry. I had the same problem in Fiesta 1.6S and the Service Center guys rectified it by doing the above.
Do update if it works for you.
Old 11th January 2011, 10:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

This sounds more like its coming from somewhere under the back seat. I first thought its something in the boot, then thought its something about the seats not folded/latched properly, but now i get that noise whenever I go on undulated surfaces, even if i go slowly, not necessarily fast.

meanwhile I'm getting the evil intention of Petefy-ing my FIGO. Cost is 43,500 with hot tracks indiranagar bangalore. No extra fitting charges. it would bring the car to 83bhp and 190NM torque (are swift owners listening?). have referred a guy into my company. so if he gets in, my FIGO can be peted Lets hope it happens soon. Only worry is voiding engine warranty if at all.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 11th January 2011 at 10:45.
Old 11th January 2011, 10:59   #98
BHPian

Thats a Great Evil Intention, it would surely raise eyebrows of many of us over here. I hope if you pete you figo you will be the first one on Team-Bhp so i think many of enthusiastic's will follow upon depending on your review and feedback. I my self is planning to go for figo tdci over Swift Vdi within 2 -3 months time.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:31   #99
BHPian

That was exactly my problem, ditto!
Try it brother, I am sure it would work. Although the sound is metallic, it is from the beading.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:45   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
This sounds more like its coming from somewhere under the back seat. I first thought its something in the boot, then thought its something about the seats not folded/latched properly, but now i get that noise whenever I go on undulated surfaces, even if i go slowly, not necessarily fast.

meanwhile I'm getting the evil intention of Petefy-ing my FIGO. Cost is 43,500 with hot tracks indiranagar bangalore. No extra fitting charges. it would bring the car to 83bhp and 190NM torque (are swift owners listening?). have referred a guy into my company. so if he gets in, my FIGO can be peted Lets hope it happens soon. Only worry is voiding engine warranty if at all.
Now that is some real evil intention. I too thought of doing it but backed off due to lack of vit-m and the guy in Pune said that it would be ideal to add the tuner's box after clocking 10k Kms.

In anywhich way, I would love to see your feedback once you did it!
Old 11th January 2011, 13:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

TMC tuning boxes are much cheaper. There are reviews on gearheads site

I am unable to post links since i think its banned on this forum. I am getting ****

Ripper has done a ECU remap on his Figo. But more info is yet to be posted by him. Check his review on that site.

Last edited by gemithomas : 11th January 2011 at 13:14.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:23   #102
Senior - BHPian

After a lull, I am back. The last 500 odd kilometres was done mainly in city driving. About one tenth of this was done at breakneck speeds, with hundreds of gear changes, in very early morning hours much at roller coaster speed levels with adrenaline pumping and heart thumping giving the thrills and the chills in Bengaluru's unforgiving winter time. And there is a very good reason for these thrilling 50-100kms.

I had my second baby boy last Saturday

The last ten days have been the busiest days of my life. Due only in March, our man decided to surprise daddy much earlier. Since wifey ran into some complications, hubby engaged into anxiety/extreme mode with the Figo.

House in HSR layout, hospital in Hebbal, Wifey's home in Yelahanka and final delivery in Yeswanthpur. What more can you expect? Any other surprises possible? Yea - how about choc-a-bloc traffic which makes you consume 2 hours for a one hour ride? And how about our very own Yeddy deciding to screw everyones normal life out of his whims and fancies - a bandh on delivery day (D-day).This was some harrowing experience for daddy dear.

All accomplished with no fear. Figo by my side, stood the test of brutality in city roads. But I assure you this is one car that DOES NOT like to be ripped. It is only a cruiser and with that attitude will leave you feeling cool, great, mature. Try to revv this guy and he has a misplaced sense of driveability and chuckability not knowing where to throw himself around. The gear ratios 1,3 are sad needless to say and some extra torque would have given it a different character.

So much for a welcome climax. Arya is born !!
Old 31st January 2011, 21:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After a lull, I am back. The last 500 odd kilometres was done mainly in city driving. About one tenth of this was done at breakneck speeds, with hundreds of gear changes, in very early morning hours much at roller coaster speed levels with adrenaline pumping and heart thumping giving the thrills and the chills in Bengaluru's unforgiving winter time. And there is a very good reason for these thrilling 50-100kms.

The last ten days have been the busiest days of my life. Due only in March, our man decided to surprise daddy much earlier. Since wifey ran into some complications, hubby engaged into anxiety/extreme mode with the Figo.

House in HSR layout, hospital in Hebbal, Wifey's home in Yelahanka and final delivery in Yeswanthpur. What more can you expect? Any other surprises possible? Yea - how about choc-a-bloc traffic which makes you consume 2 hours for a one hour ride? And how about our very own Yeddy deciding to screw everyones normal life out of his whims and fancies - a bandh on delivery day (D-day).This was some harrowing experience for daddy dear.

All accomplished with no fear. Figo by my side, stood the test of brutality in city roads. But I assure you this is one car that DOES NOT like to be ripped. It is only a cruiser and with that attitude will leave you feeling cool, great, mature. Try to revv this guy and he has a misplaced sense of driveability and chuckability not knowing where to throw himself around. The gear ratios 1,3 are sad needless to say and some extra torque would have given it a different character.

Hey Sri.
Congrats, for your little prince.
And its really good to know that FIGO stood by you in these testing time .
Bdw where do stay @ HSR , i also stay @ HSR, may be we can meet sometime .

Cheers
Old 1st February 2011, 00:13   #104
BHPian

Quote:

All accomplished with no fear. Figo by my side, stood the test of brutality in city roads.

Congratulations GeekSrik
So figo will be part of one of your most memorable days!
Old 1st February 2011, 11:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Congrats GeekSrik.Thats real good news. Hope both mom and baby are doing good.

Yes. The TDCi just does not like being ripped. But i have shown her higher territories much often. Sometimes the traffic gets so frustrating that the revs climb up to the redline. Its very throaty and harsh at anything above 4K rpm. And its just nose polution and fuel consumption at those levels. But still. ..sometimes thats what steams out your frustration towards those idiots who dont care for other travellers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks