Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 11:16   #46
BHPian

I too have the SMT version of the ANHC
Firstly as you have mentioned it is an amazing car to drive
Regarding the space I did ask the sales guy when I had gone to take the trial as to why so much space has been given and to my surprise he told me that there is a bigger 1.8L engine as the Civic available in the same car abroad which I really doubt as I did not find it on the internet so I assume it is a possibility of either a bigger engine comming in or as said earlier on impact we have minimal damage in the cabin as well as the engine
Also I did recently inquire if it was possible for the doors to have an auto locking system when the car goes say above 10-15kmh and unlock when the car is switched off for which I was told to buy some cobra system as it was not a function in the city
Old 20th October 2010, 18:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
Regarding the space I did ask the sales guy when I had gone to take the trial as to why so much space has been given and to my surprise he told me that there is a bigger 1.8L engine as the Civic available in the same car abroad which I really doubt as I did not find it on the internet so I assume it is a possibility of either a bigger engine comming in or as said earlier on impact we have minimal damage in the cabin as well as the engine
Also I did recently inquire if it was possible for the doors to have an auto locking system when the car goes say above 10-15kmh and unlock when the car is switched off for which I was told to buy some cobra system as it was not a function in the city
Tejash,
Thanks for your comments.
I wonder whether any such aftermarket electrical fitment will affect the Honda warranty.
I am learning to live with some of the "dislikes" of ANHC.
Could you please direct me to your thread on your ANHC buying and initial use experience?
What accessories did you add to the car?

HC
Old 20th October 2010, 18:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
Hi Tejash,

There is, I remember seeing it in youtube (ANHC with Civic Engine). Would share the link later.

For auto lock check this,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-12.html

I tried to get them, but couldn't. Honda for sure would crib for Warranty, but wanted to take a chance.

Congrats on ANHC, drive safe and have fun,

Cheers
Raghu

Last edited by raghu230506 : 20th October 2010 at 18:59.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Tejash,

(ANHC with Civic Engine). Would share the link later.
As promised, find below the links

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-l-engine.html

Source: Pultan.org

2009 Honda City launched in China with 1.8L engine
Old 29th October 2010, 21:51   #50
BHPian

First Service Update

Short Update After First Service:
Went for first free service at Olympia with only 418 km on the odometer.
I know this is not a great number to write about, but I sparingly use the ANHC and use the old workhorse WagonR for most of the congested daily commutes.
The average FE shown by the meter is 13 KMPL.
There were no complaints and so the car was "checked" and cleaned.
More time was spent on the cleaning rather than checking the car.
There were no charges and it took about 2.5 hours to complete the service.
I have an offer from the dealer for "paint protection" using Diamond brite materials with warranty.
What do you guys think about this? Should I go for this or not?
Just an incident to report, on Tuesday while driving, there was a 2 wheeler on my right and I don't know whether it is due to him or not, a stone came flying and hit the driver door and the right back panel.
This resulted in an impact mark with visible loss of paint in 2 places.
Thankfully this is very small and I do not plan to do anything about it.
HC
Old 17th November 2010, 18:11   #51
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new car, HC. Thanks for mentioning me in the posts. Do keep updating the thread regularly.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many congratulations on your new car, HC. Thanks for mentioning me in the posts. Do keep updating the thread regularly.
Thanks Kalyan for the wishes.
I still follow your thread for useful tips and information along with other ANHC owners, Bangalore seems to have an ANHC club with several of them.
How about in Hyderabad? Hope you have some friends too.
I am yet to establish such connections here.
I will update my thread regularly.

HC
Old 17th November 2010, 18:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Thanks Kalyan for the wishes.
I still follow your thread for useful tips and information along with other ANHC owners, Bangalore seems to have an ANHC club with several of them.
How about in Hyderabad? Hope you have some friends too.
I am yet to establish such connections here.
I will update my thread regularly.

HC
Hi HC,

Its nice that you found some useful information on one of our threads because the whole purpose of us entering TBHP was to be able to give something back to the community that helped us with our decisions, etc.

Bangalore has a lot of active ANHC owners and they used to meet quite often at one point of time. I follow all their threads religiously.

In Hyderabad, I am yet to see something like an ANHC club. There is a regular TBHP Hyderabad thread and meets, I do have some TBHP friends but not necessarily driving ANHCs. There was a BOAT party(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2141505) held by TBHP Hyderabad members last Saturday and it was great to be a part of it.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 20th November 2010, 17:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hcap,

With original Honda alloys with 1 year warranty, my S-MT looks like V-MT except for fog lamps that I can live without.
Other cosmetics like chrome door handle, superior beige interiors and other chrome finishing did not interest me.
Habenero City,

For the benefit of the others , the difference between SMT and VMT in addition to what you have already are
1. Addition of Tweeters ( Mitsubishi ) for the ICE.
2. Seat Pockets behind both the driver and the passenger seat.
3. Exhaust Pipe Finisher
4. Body Coloured Mud Flaps.
Old 20th November 2010, 18:58   #55
BHPian

Welcome to the ANHC club.

Keep updating this thread with your experiences.

Do read my review of the ANHC after driving 10,000 kms in the month of Sept.

Enjoy the drive!

Captain Nandu Chitnis
Old 1st December 2010, 15:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
4. Body Coloured Mud Flaps.
This must've changed recently(read 2010) because I have a V MT from Nov, 2009 and thankfully the mud flaps are black in color.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:44   #57
BHPian

yep. This is a new addition. They have also introduced a new colour. They have the inspire and elegance trim level available as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
This must've changed recently(read 2010) because I have a V MT from Nov, 2009 and thankfully the mud flaps are black in color.
Old 27th December 2010, 22:27   #58
BHPian

Re: Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT Update After 2nd Service

Went for 2nd free service at Olympia Honda today.
As you can see I had only done 948 KMs in 3 months, and therefore the SA advised that there is no need to change the engine oil.
Plan to put in more KM's on ANHC from now.
Waited and took back the car after about 2.5 hours.
A fellow BHPian (Donarun) had come there for a check of his new ANHC and also for checking out the alloys for his SMT.
This was the first meet of a T-BHPian it was nice to keep talking on and on and didn't relalise how quickly 1.5 hours had passed.
Also this time 9 year my daughter who is an ardent fan of Honda had come with me to the service station and thoroughly enjoyed herself.
There were no complaints from my side and so the work was generally to check and clean the car.
Further observations:
  • The car has become very smooth and gliding during this period of use.
  • Average mileage is around 13 KMPL for complete city use with AC on and likely to improve.
  • During the rains, I used the wipers and found that they are not elegant in sweeping the windshield and do not clean the glass perfectly. There is some splash from one of them on the return stroke that remains after the complete sweep. Also the wipers are arranged in such a way that they can be lifted and lowered in a particular sequence.
Whatever happened to Japanese versatility?
This is something like the uni-directional ignition and door keys that we used to have in the ancient days.
  • The poor quality of plastics around the OSRV mirror has become obvious. Will post some pictures soon
  • Similarly the wiper blade shows discoloration or poor painting, though Honda claims that they are painted in "dull black" and so they look like that. This explanation is not convincing. Will post the pictures soon.
Meanwhile some more pictures of the car after the 2nd service.

HC
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT-dsc019731.jpg  

Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT-dsc019801.jpg  

Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT-dsc019821.jpg  

Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT-dsc019831.jpg  

Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT-dsc019811.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 11:29   #59
BHPian

Re: Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT Update After 2nd Service

Quote:
During the rains, I used the wipers and found that they are not elegant in sweeping the windshield and do not clean the glass perfectly. There is some splash from one of them on the return stroke that remains after the complete sweep. Also the wipers are arranged in such a way that they can be lifted and lowered in a particular sequence.
+1, agree with you on that. Not just when it rains but even when I use the wash feature, its the same. After the auto-sweep cycle has stopped, I wait for about 10 seconds and turn the wiper on for another 1 or 2 strokes to clean the splashed water.

Quote:
The poor quality of plastics around the OSRV mirror has become obvious. Will post some pictures soon
Very true. I observed it on my ANHC this weekend. The driver-side part of the panel around the OSRVM has started to fade showing a dull black color with light patches. I will upload pics during this weekend along-with 1 yr service update.
Old 28th December 2010, 12:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Welcome Home Lady in Red - Honda City S-MT

@HC: Good that you managed to go to the service station on a week day. I feel one can expect better attention during this time. In my case, every visit has been only on a Saturday thus far, thanks to my work schedule. On the poor quality of plastic, am simply surprised as I dont have this problem on my Civic. Hope I am not speaking too soon ! Did you take this up with the SA ?

OT: Did you get a chance to check out the Polished Metal Civic on display for the blooper ?

Last edited by rr_zen : 28th December 2010 at 12:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks