Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 17:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

I like the car (err, Van!). I think it would do well in most markets. I am dying to see it in Mumbai.
Old 29th October 2010, 17:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

when ,am looking at the van,i just fall in love with it,
but the review by akhilesh51 really put me off. The NVH for starters and the most shocking was the absence of disc brakes. Heck, even the 800 comes with it, why not a 5 lakh car?
Old 29th October 2010, 20:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Noise and harshness levels in this vehicle are uncomfortably high and would surely score down when compared to Omni, Eeco and Versa reminding you once again of its Tata Ace lineage. Vibrations can be observed on every panel and is unsettling for first-time rider. Tata should consider dampening this vehicle more.

High NVH levels of the vehicle pose a bigger question for the Venture.

I wonder if a petrol engine variant will be rolled out shortly ? Might improve the NVH, at least. And bring down the price further to give a tough competition to the petrol engined Omni and Eeco.

Some seasoned scoopsters could throw some light on this.
Old 29th October 2010, 20:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I wonder if a petrol engine variant will be rolled out shortly ?
I do not see a chance for a petrol engine. This is not a life style vehicle. It will mainly be for people ferring 8 poeple at minimum or less cost. So deisel engine makes sense. Probably there won't be much demand for petrol engine.

Except for the lack of disc brakes this vehicle looks to be a stunner.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:47   #35
BANNED

petrol engine wont work out, if omni or eeco is with diesel engine, then 98% of sales will be of diesels, so its people mover, diesel is best and wise choice, No disc brake is not an minus for this segment, it may be added in future, but overall it looks new and refreshing and cheap to run. It will be best seller if priced correctly.
Old 29th October 2010, 22:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

It looks fantastic from the front! When are they launching this across the country?
With the diesel power it'll tough to overlook this one. Omni/Eeco got some serious competition now.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

is it FWD or RWD?
Quote:
The gearbox too has been tuned for bumper to bumper traffic with a very wide range.
the original TCIC gearbox (at least in my indica) had a yawning gap between 2nd and third where the 25ish Km/hr speeds would fall. was very annoying in city traffic. any improvment on that front ? Too lazy to loop up the ratios
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I wonder if a petrol engine variant will be rolled out shortly ? Might improve the NVH, at least. And bring down the price further to give a tough competition to the petrol engined Omni and Eeco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
I do not see a chance for a petrol engine. This is not a life style vehicle. It will mainly be for people ferring 8 poeple at minimum or less cost. So deisel engine makes sense. Probably there won't be much demand for petrol engine.
Maybe an LPG version might have a chance, but Tata petrol engines are really flaky, and their parts are also pretty expensive ( xeta specific engine bits are actually more expensive than some of their diesel counterparts)

Last edited by greenhorn : 30th October 2010 at 21:58.
Old 30th October 2010, 23:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice of Tata to bring some competition to the low-budget people mover category. Will Eeco probably have a diesel engine introduced to counter this?
Any pictures describing the space that is available for the passengers seated in the third row?

So is Venture officially the most unsafe car in India, considering the lack of disc brakes and the lack of engine bay as in Omni, add to it having more power to boot?
Old 31st October 2010, 10:53   #39
BHPian

I think there would be a decent demand for the Venture. A lot of people would be excited about the 5+ seating capacity this offers and hopefully at an affordable price. Just hope that the refinement levels appeal to the "Individuals". I am sure the "Taxi" segment would lap it up
Old 31st October 2010, 11:01   #40
BANNED

A 8 Seater with an A/C and a diesel too
Versa will soon be a history .

Last edited by Amartya : 1st November 2010 at 01:40. Reason: Removed the reference for moving the thread. Thanks for the report.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:59   #41
BHPian

Finally it is Tested

Thanks for the review Akhilesh,

It will be good if you could brief about the sliding door, roof mounted A/C outlests on each seat. Especially all the middle and rear row seats are foldable or not.

We need to see a phont with rear seats folded with back door opened - To see the luggage space.

How about the leg room in middle row and Last row?

Wipers (both front & rear) worth mentioning. And the Air-Vent seen in the right side of the body needs to be explained.

Are there any vibration when engine is idle?

Like Omni, Venture is also comes with Drum, but they should provide Top end with Disc.
TeddyBear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2010, 14:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Omni comes with front disc brakes plus booster assist since April 2005 BS 3 facelift.
Old 1st November 2010, 16:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
It will be good if you could brief about the sliding door, roof mounted A/C outlests on each seat. Especially all the middle and rear row seats are foldable or not.
I did miss sliding door in the review and I must say I like the way it works. Doors on the venture are quite chunky but sliding them is a breeze. Further, there is a safety lock once door is completely open to avoid accidental sliding which in my opinion is great for door of venture's size and weight.

Roof mounted AC vent with adequate power though cooling itself is not on par with its bigger siblings.

All rows of seating are foldable and removable for extra space. I must add that the whole operation of removing is quite easy and takes no time.

Quote:
We need to see a photo with rear seats folded with back door opened - To see the luggage space.
Let's see if I get a chance to visit dealership again and bring photos.

Quote:
How about the leg room in middle row and Last row?
There is more than adequate room in middle row and adequate room in last row. In fact, i felt room in last row was better than most MUV's in market and even Sumo Grande.

Quote:
Wipers (both front & rear) worth mentioning. And the Air-Vent seen in the right side of the body needs to be explained.
Front Wipers malfunctioned during my test drive. I still don't get why manufacturers can't stick with good old wiper system in cars and have opted for butterfly wipers instead. The quality of wipers is so-so.

Rear wipers are much better both operation wise and quality wise.

No idea about side air vent. Maybe additional air to engine compartment???

Quote:
Are there any vibration when engine is idle?
Idle vibration is present but acceptable.

Quote:
Like Omni, Venture is also comes with Drum, but they should provide Top end with Disc.
I too hope Tata looks into this.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:05   #44
BHPian

Venture with middle row and rear row folded:

Tata Venture - Test Drive-img_0491.jpg

akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2010, 18:44   #45
Senior - BHPian

Why does TML design department have an obsession with chrome? Venture will look a lot better without those chrome stripes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks