Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2010, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : 8000km Update

Hello Guys,

First i would like to thank you all for being part of my Important decision Making, Booking the Fiat Punto. For the people who had read my previous post knows it, for others its here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...punto-mjd.html.

The decision was not simple, it took me more time and engery to block the Fiat Punto MJD Emotion Pack that too White colour

here are the list which i took in concern to omit the Swift VDI over Punto Emotion Pack

1. Same Engine for Punto and the Fiat Engine
2. Look and class if Italian Beauty
3. Exceptional Handling
4. High Speed Stablity
5. NO need of Any Modifications in Emotion Pack (All stock ones)
6. Auto Ac a Boon!!! people who are using it knows
7. Airbags and ABS since i dont want to compromise of security
8. Some small things yet significant ones (e.g. Dicky lights)
9. Nova White
10. Steering wheel (when speed increases steering gets better and better)

So guys those are some of the points which took me to go for Punto MJD, I dont want to write the complete story of how i got there and delivering part and all, lets go direct dillse!!! but one point which i want to highlight is the delivery date

I took the delivery on 5th Nov, which has the significance of

1. My birth date
2. Its the day of Diwali for everyone in India
3. Its my Thala Diwali ( yes this is the first diwali after i got married)
4. The registration number which came to me is the combination of Mybirth date and my wife Birth date( Note: i didnt give me money for any specific Number it so came of its own)

When i took the delivery of my angel it had already done 100km, Took the vehicle for the pooja and finsihed it and took her to rome in chennai. Awesome Handling+Awesome AC+Awesome Engine took me to real surprise dad and mom felt very safe inside and satisfied.

As of now i have kept her below 2000rmp only, I found all the pastics are comparitively good (not cheap plastics) Blue and Me is a boon ( my mobile is x6 its unable to copy the phone book enither phone does not able to sync)

Filled the tank, have not checked the mileage yet, Sorry guys will post the picture in my Next update as the cam is having some problem to get the files out of it.

The OnRoad cost: 7,45,000
waivers = Insurance(17K)+Extended Warranty(5K)+exchange Bonus of my old Zen (15K) +Corporate Discount(9K)+Special Discount(10K) = ~55,000 = Happy Purchace
+ the Freebies of Mudflop+Floor Mats+Car Cover+10Liters of Diesel

All those are done with V.S.T Motors Chennai Mount Road Branch, Very Kind People only think you will have to make the things Happen.

She has done just 200km as of now since yesterday. I will have to take her to Highways for me to comment on her highway performace so far took her @ 90Kmph and she was kwel(amde sure she is not crossing 2000rmp)

Guys Anyone things will Add to this thread later with pictures
Old 6th November 2010, 17:30   #2
BANNED

Congrats and welcome to the Fiat family!!

Once a Fiatian, always a Fiatian. You will surely love driving this Italiano! All the best.
Old 6th November 2010, 17:59   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy!!! The MJD family is going stronegr and stronger on Team BHP. Punto is white is mindblowing, just have to keep the dust away. Indulge in the drivers dream and happy miles ahead.
Old 6th November 2010, 20:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the BNW Punto. You have got yourself a nice Diwali Gift.

Do post the pictures of the car and enjoy many more happy miles.

Have a happy and safe diwali.
Old 6th November 2010, 20:26   #5
BHPian

Welcome FIATian. Post some pics and take good care of her. Drive safe!!!
Old 6th November 2010, 21:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on becoming a produ owner of Fiat Punto

I bet you'll enjoy every moment that you spend in your Italian hatch. And, you've made a right decision regarding the color. Yes, Fiat Punto looks awesome in BNW.

Enjoy your beauty and I'll wait for those pics.

Amith
Old 6th November 2010, 21:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats magnanimousdude.

- Welcome to the FIAT family.
- Nice review and waiting for the pics of your Italian beauty.
- Good to know about your registration number. It is always good if we can get some good number without paying for it.

- I agree with you on the plastics and interiors. They are still better than 95% hatchbacks running in India.

- I'm sure you will enjoy all the Audi A4's DIS and infotainment features that are present in Punto as well.
- There are so many features that it is impossible to enumerate them all.

Do remember to reset both trip A and trip B at least once since you brought her home.
Read the owner's manual thoroughly and remember important points. e.g. use only Regular diesel and not Premium diesel, do not rev beyond 2000rpm for the first 1000-1500km.
Idle the car for 20-30 seconds before stopping (for turbo's sake).
Old 7th November 2010, 06:34   #8
BHPian

Congrats for bringing one more Punto to Team Bhp. Like to hear more about your car. Punto will definitely make you happy. Enjoy driving it.
Please read important points in manual. For example if the engine stops then one should not start again from the same position. Bring it to stop and then start. Immobiliser has a floating code.

Last edited by vsk2009 : 7th November 2010 at 06:40.
Old 7th November 2010, 10:26   #9
BHPian

Thanks for your wishes mates. I have a questions, i know that revving too early when the engine is brand new will make the engine life bad, but still some of our fellow Fiatians does revv and take a long drive in 120~140 which is eventually above 3000rmp. Why?? is there any special reason which says don't revv your car beyond 2000rmp for the first 1500km or is it a myth?

When i bought my Hero Honda bike in early 2000, it was said the same. i followed blindly . but i didnt do it for my Apache RTR 160 however my RTR is still stronger.
Old 7th November 2010, 10:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

@Magnan- It used to be an instruction 8-10 years back. I remeber my 2000 model M800 came with an instruction in the manual that do not drive at >60kmph for initial 1000km.

These days, there are no such written instructions but still people like to follow it.
Why take chances?
Old 8th November 2010, 08:21   #11
BHPian

Hey MDude,
I have also booked a GP with VST chennai a 1.3 MJD Emotion.

So how are the men there?
They gave me a discount of close to 42K without the freebies. I have a weird feeling that Concorde is giving a greater discount with corporate discount having a high of 12 k. In VST it is only 9 k. I am confused as to who decides the corporate discounts. FIAT or VST?
Old 8th November 2010, 09:51   #12
BHPian

magnanimousdude, welcome to the Grande Punto club. The car sure will not disappoint you and clock many more happy miles with it.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
Thanks for your wishes mates. I have a questions, i know that revving too early when the engine is brand new will make the engine life bad, but still some of our fellow Fiatians does revv and take a long drive in 120~140 which is eventually above 3000rmp. Why?? is there any special reason which says don't revv your car beyond 2000rmp for the first 1500km or is it a myth?

When i bought my Hero Honda bike in early 2000, it was said the same. i followed blindly . but i didnt do it for my Apache RTR 160 however my RTR is still stronger.
I folowed this rule for my Alto, but quality of an Alto and Punto engine you can not compare. I don't follow the myth, but you don't need to go beyond 3000 rpm to go at 120kmph+, if it is arround 2500 at 5th gear constantly, it will reach the number, which has happened in my case.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Hey MDude,
I have also booked a GP with VST chennai a 1.3 MJD Emotion.

So how are the men there?
They gave me a discount of close to 42K without the freebies. I have a weird feeling that Concorde is giving a greater discount with corporate discount having a high of 12 k. In VST it is only 9 k. I am confused as to who decides the corporate discounts. FIAT or VST?
VST people are very kind and good. That too the Head of Sales Mr. Rama Rao is very patient in listening to you and doing things and Mr. Fazil who is the Team Lead for Fiat is also a GEM of a person. The problem is i had very pathetic situations were in everything was delayed for me so i had to escalate and get the things done. Inspite of that they were patient in doing. Corporate Discount VST(TATA) 4500 + FIAT 4500 will fetch you the discount, i dont know about the Concorde, Sorry Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I folowed this rule for my Alto, but quality of an Alto and Punto engine you can not compare. I don't follow the myth, but you don't need to go beyond 3000 rpm to go at 120kmph+, if it is arround 2500 at 5th gear constantly, it will reach the number, which has happened in my case.
3000rpm or 2000rpm as people in this forum said its 2000rpm

Last edited by magnanimousdude : 8th November 2010 at 11:40.
Old 8th November 2010, 13:52   #15
BHPian

Come on!!! how can you keep the car under 2000rpm and still driving. The turbo takes control arround 2250. I think its 3000rpm where the deadline is in initial days..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks