Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 14:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yesterday we Fiat 1100 Club guys drove to Ananthpur on Bangy - Hyd highway just to see the performance of the MJDs on super highways.
Thats really nice excuse to take the car for a drive, i love it

Quote:
My Palio could tough 165kmph pretty easily. The mileage returned after the 500kms spirited driving was 17kmph which is good enough!
Ya true, these fiat engines can touch these speeds without any fuss.
Last weekend, i have been to tirupati and i was able to touch 150 -160 regularly,was able to touch max 175 and i felt i could have touched some more also, but there was traffic ahead and i had to slow down.

But boy, it was fun .

Cheers
Old 18th March 2011, 16:12   #137
BHPian

whats the price for palio mjd now? in bangalore?
Old 18th March 2011, 16:13   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
whats the price for palio mjd now? in bangalore?

In Bangalore, its 4.63 lac on road
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 18:27   #139
Senior - BHPian

Been a while since I updated my ownership. My Palio is in top notch condition. I have not really been using it much recently, especially in the city. I have been running my classic cars for daily commute.

3rd week of April, I had been too Ooty and Coonoor in my Palio, it was raining cats and dogs entire jouney to and fro. The MJD managed everything without any effort at all. I got a FE of 21kmpl, being the best till date.

This weekend I had been to Hyderabad in my Palio. Some stats of this drive:
- Blr to Hyd in 6 hours (580kms)
- Hyd to Blr in 8 hours (Stopped at a relative's place for a hour in between)

FE of total journey = 14 kmpl

My MJD has done about 7700 kms and is due for second service. I would leave it at Prerana Motors, Kudlu gate tomorrow
funkykar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 23:50   #140
Ice
BHPian

Karthik,
I had tears in my eyes after reading each word across the last 10 pages. I miss my car a lot - my father sampled her last August and has commandeered her forever.

20 months, 55,000 km - honeymoon! I had a Pete's kit installed as well, which was stolen by valet attendants at a leading hotel in Chennai. She is still gorgeous, and has never let me down. Enjoy yours, and don't let your dad drive her!

By the way - we have a Fiat 1100 (1968 model) in Chennai. She was my grandfather's first car, and I take her out for a drive every time I visit.
Old 17th May 2011, 18:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

@ Ice: Except for the Pete's stolen, I quite did not understand much about your Palio. Did you mean your Dad tried your Palio and never returned it to you? Anyways, my dad is only comfortable driving the Maruti 800 and would never try my Palio. I dont even let my Wife drive the Palio, so no issues. Every kilometer would be enjoyed only by me.

Got the Palio back from service. Car doesn't seem any different since it did not have any issues before service. It will continue to munch more and more miles with my face filled with smiles.

The service experience was way too excellent. I was attended to almost before I parked my car, as if the Service Advisor had been waiting only for me

Gave me ample time to check if I had any issues with the car. Offered coffee/tea and explained what work would be done during 2nd service. He said he will call by 3PM and let me know when I could collect. At 2:45PM I got a call stating car is ready to be picked. I went there by 3:50PM and again, as if I was the only customer for Prerana motors, was greeted and attended to very well and explained what work was carried out. I was really very happy. Within 15 mins, I inspected the car, paid the amount and was out of there.

I believe, the service stations have been taking the dealership surveys and Fiat surveys about service way too seriously. No wonder Tata-Fiat was rated top on the JD power survey or something. It was an experience that was way too good, I dont have words to explain.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2011 at 12:37. Reason: A STRICT limit of 2 smileys per post please, as per our rules
Old 19th May 2011, 16:50   #142
Senior - BHPian

Now, I am seriously looking out for seat covers. I really need some suggestions here. Here are my requirements:
1) VFM and cost effective. I guess pure leather is ruled out.
2) Shouldnt generate lot of heat. In terms of heat, should be as close to stock seats as possible.
3) Should be a perfect fit.
4) My car being exotica red with alloys and upsized tires and very good music system, in other words being very sporty, would a red and black combination of seat covers be suitable or should I go a bit darker shade than the stock color of beige?

Also, can anyone help me find a spoiler for my Palio (Not the one thats drilled into the rear wind shield). I also want it to be technically correct as fas the aero dynamics are concerned.

Appreciate any information on the above aspects
Old 19th May 2011, 22:01   #143
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

not an easy job at all to design a seat cover for for Palio Stile, specially for Red color. because of its grey and beige color dash board. give me some time. i'll design a suitable seat cover with the perfect color combination for your car. you can get it customized from manufacturers. material is your choice. or can go for Stanley or any other branded seat cover manufacturers if your budget permits. in the month of June Palio 1.6 sport and UNO also getting New seat covers of my design.
Karthik1100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 23:21   #144
Senior - BHPian

^My bad. How did I miss asking you MB! Do share the designs with me, I know I can count on you
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:47   #145
BHPian

Hi Karthik,

After going through this thread i got a mad rush in brain to enquire about the Palio availability. so just visited the prerana motors to meet Mr. vijay.
Waited for 1 hour for him,he was busy in a meeting. Came back after taking his cell no from staff. Later called him now and spoke to him.

The outcome - THERE ARE NO MORE PALIO MULTIJETS AVAILABLE AND HE IS CALLING AND INFORMING ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAD BOOKED EARLIER TO EITHER MIGRATE TO PUNTO OR TO CANCEL THEIR BOOKINGS.

What say? any remote chance of getting a Palio ?
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:11   #146
Senior - BHPian

^^
rvmohankumar: Tough luck mate! If anything can happen, Vijay Ragvalu is your best bet. Once in a while keep visiting the dealership and see if there was any booking made and cancelled or any SDX was manufactured in excess by Fiat India.

^ Upgrading to wider tires and alloys any day good for Palio's. 14 inch alloys with a tyre profile of 185/70 would be ideal. As per my research on various forums, people seemed to have preferred the Michelin's and Yoko's the most. I however have the Good Year's which works for me amazingly. Its price is also not very expensive.
Old 3rd June 2011, 23:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
14 inch alloys with a tyre profile of 185/70 would be ideal.
Considering size of original stock tires, 185/65 is ideal for 14 inch, I believe.
Old 3rd June 2011, 23:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

I along with a couple of other MJD's and a Punto MJD plan to drive all the way to Leh this September. My odo reading is around 8k now. Car was just serviced at 7800kms. Next service being due at 15k kms, I am in a bit of a dilemma now. If I use it nominally also in 3 months I would hit around 10k mark. My estimated travel to Leh and back is around7-8k kms which would over shoot the 3rd service mark.

1) Is it Okay to leave it for service a bit late? Would it affect the warranty and stuff?
2) Is it Okay if I simply change oil when odo is at around 15k and come and service the car in Bangalore. I really don't know if my schedule allows for a service in any major cities on the way back and dont even trust the service centers as I feel too comfortable with the one I am presently servicing at.
3) What precautions to take? What spares to carry along for the tour?
Old 8th June 2011, 20:17   #149
Senior - BHPian

I always have doubts of the alignment center's in town. To put it across in simple terms, I dont trust them. This is a scanned copy of alignment done on a friend's Palio, the guy said they dont adjust certain settings. How would I know if everything is alight now? Would appreciate any comments.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-palio-alignment.jpg  

Last edited by funkykar : 8th June 2011 at 20:19.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

The value of the 'Toe' seems out in the initial readings and seems to have been corrected or minimised in the final readings.

The caster is off and I am not sure if it is off the acceptable value. A technical person can tell you if it is. It is not easy to adjust the caster and usually involves adjustment to the entire shocker set-up. I am not aware of the acceptable values of the caster. Should be available on the tyre shop software under 'Palio HPS' for power steering or 'Palio mechanical steering' for non-power steering models.

What worries me in this report is the camber. It should be less than 0 deg 45' if I am not wrong. Please check on that. Camber is non-adjustable on the Palio and so it can be a pain to get it corrected. This correction is refused outright by the ASC and involves replacement of one of the bolts. I have had it done myself for my Palio multijet. An incorrect camber will lead to uneven tyre wear usually on the inside.

Please take a second opinion for this particular car especially on the camber. The rear settings are fixed and non-adjustable.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks