Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2010, 18:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!

Though I'm very late, I would love to congratulate you for adding one more car to your Fiat Museum!!

This thread, for sure, reveals the passion that you've towards Fiat cars! I guess, you have finalized on the alloys and the modifications.

Many many happy miles with you new car! Drive safe and follow the traffic rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
excellent pics of a beautiful looking car!This red looks the best on the palio stile. Is it a new colour as i havent seen a red like this on any other MJD before
They Fiat Palios that were available only in the Fiat Punto colors. That's the reason why this color seems to be new for you!

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th December 2010 at 18:02.
Old 25th December 2010, 19:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
If possible get some pics of the light throw with the new 80W lights.

By the way, sorry my mistake, I should have mentioned, Konark Auto accessories on Lalbagh road near the Urvashi Threatre has this 80W Philips bulbs.

Get rocking with the new lights dude. Next look at 3000K HIDs for the fog lamps, It will make a worthy investment.
@NKP: Have done this upgrade for the fogs? I've been wanting to do it for a really long time now.
Old 28th December 2010, 19:14   #78
Senior - BHPian

First trip in my PALIO! DRIVE REPORT.

I have done about 1250kms on my new Palio. 900 on the highways and 350 at city. I could control being in <2000 RPM for about 1000kms. After that I was revving at average 2200-2500.

- Driving the Palio initially was a bit difficult. This is more to do with the fact that recently my maximum driving has been on my 118NE and Fiat 1100's. Nervousness of driving a new car too did not help

- The MJD is extremely torquey. At times, it’s a blessing in disguise (B2B traffic). At times, it feels a bit dangerous too (Times while taking a turn you feel that stepping off the accelerator is enough to slowly take the turn. The torque sometimes can get so powerful that it suddenly zooms off as if the accelerator got stuck). I need to drive for some more time to get adjusted.

- Extremely good handling. Irrespective of what speed you are in, you can maneuver it as you would like to. Braking is good enough. Upsizing the tires definitely help.

- Excellent steering response. Its almost like your brain is mapped to the steering and it does what you want it to do.

- Poor turning radius. At times, at least in city traffic, this could get frustrating.

- Engine is relatively silent and with all windows on, you hardly feel it’s a diesel.

- Excellent turbo. In 3rd and 4th gears, you are pushed back to your seats when you cross 1800 RPM.

- Gear shift is rubbery, but I love that.

- Small pot holes DO NOT exist. Little bigger ones are a breeze with this car. Everyone who had been on my car felt the ride to be extremely smooth.

- Gives you a sense of safety. At any point, you do not feel any fear about the car. Strong and tank like build. Thanks Fiat.

- There is more room under the hood to plonk small accessories easily compared to other cars like Swift which feels cramped.

- Excellent space to keep most of your luggage.

- The reassuring thud of the doors is something that others feel jealous about. Even the heavy bonnet and the rear hatch.

- There is no loss of power while AC is on. AC chills entire car in seconds. Even the rear pax feel good about the AC.

- Stock lights are fairly good, but an upgrade could better if you are a quick driver and often hit the highways at night.

- Extremely addictive car. After driving the Palio for a while, it’s extremely difficult to drive other cars.

- Exotica Red is an eye catcher.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-img_2906.jpg  

Attached Images

funkykar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2010, 21:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics from my camera. All the pics were taken around Tirthahalli near Shimoga.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00404.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00405.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00406.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00408.jpg  

Old 29th December 2010, 11:48   #80
BHPian

Karthik ,have you shortlisted the alloys?Other than that why not try lenso replicas from plati ?They may not be very costly .Also please post a pictures of the interior and ICE install.
Cheers
Sreehari
Old 29th December 2010, 11:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Left the car for the 1st service a couple of hours ago. Its clocked roughly around 1300 kms so far. Its at Prerana Motors Kudlu gate service center. I was greeted and attended extremely courteously. The service advisor Sudhindra spent considerable amount checking my Palio and discussing whatever issues needed to be fixed. He also explained me in detail of what were the things covered in 1st service. He too was overly joyed seeing a Palio MJD in exotica red and he confirmed that this is the first one to be serviced in their center. Leaving the car has been an extremely satisfying experience so far.

I also opted for 3M under body treatment and 3M teflon coating to protect the paint. Together they cost around 4.8k including taxes. I will update again once my car is back from service.

By the way, I might be driving to Munnar today late night or early hours of tomorrow. By end of Sunday, my car should have clocked close to 3000 kms.
funkykar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2010, 12:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Karthik ,have you shortlisted the alloys?Other than that why not try lenso replicas from plati ?They may not be very costly .Also please post a pictures of the interior and ICE install.
Cheers
Sreehari
The brand would be HR for sure. I have shortlisted 2-3 models. I have not been able to find time to visit a few more accessory shop to see if any HR model that I liked are readilhy available. I had been on a tour during weekend and leaving again for another tour tomorrow. I will post the ICE pictures some time next week.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:15   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (12)

Congrats Karthik. Red Palio looks too good!

Are you changing the engine oil at first service?
Old 29th December 2010, 15:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAIF View Post
Congrats Karthik. Red Palio looks too good!

Are you changing the engine oil at first service?
Thanks!

A.S.S says its absolutely not necessary until 7500 KMS. However, I am considering changing the oil today evening. Ultimately, I want my MJD to last for decades like my other classic Fiats.

You look new to Team-bhp. Welcome to team-bhp
Old 29th December 2010, 22:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

I received my car from service today. Car was treated and worked upon very nicely. 3M under body treatment and 3M Teflon coating too was done very well. I got a call from the service manager Surendra at 4PM and he confirmed that car would be ready by 5:30 and I could collect it anytime after that. I went there by 5:30 sharp, car was ready. He took atleast 20 minutes explaining details on the servicing done on the car. He had already ensured that everything was in place. Only 2 things that couldnt be done was fixing of the antenna for radio. That was my mistake, I asked for it too late as I forgot to inform in the morning. Surendra also told me that atleast 10 customers asked him if I had got it painted in exotica red. He had a touch time explaining and answering that this is the new color and are limited in number.

As a customer, the experience, I would categorize as DELIGHT!

EDIT: I am off to Munnar in a few hours time on my Palio. Next update would be on Monday

Last edited by funkykar : 29th December 2010 at 22:05.
Old 29th December 2010, 22:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Happy drive and weekend Mr Karthik.

Would definitely be looking at this thread Monday for the drive experience and certainly photographs of the majestic exotic palio in the mystique highranges.

No wonder FIAT tops the other big brands in customer satisfaction index. My experience withe service centres of Maruti in Kochi is very very bad. I had a nasty experience last week at a popular Maruti *** which I would be coming out after it is fully sorted out.
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Had an excellent drive to Munnar with my new Palio. Even my wife loved the drive thoroughly, even though she was scared many a times of my speed in taking some of the turns at the western ghats.

To start off with, once again I am thankful for the excelent service. I hadly had any time to check out the car after 1st service. It was just perfect. The 3M underbody treatment and the teflon coat too was done excellently. The teflon coat ensured that the car shone all the time and actually I noticed that not much dirt gets stuck to the car.

We full tanked at GBS Reddy bunk near my home in Seshadripuram on Wednesday night and started off to Munnar on Thursday morning at 4:30AM. The roads were excellent, but had lot of truck traffic. We cruised along nicely to Salem on NH7 and had breakfast around 8.30AM. We then hit the NH47 and proceeded towards Perendurai. These tolls are so bloody expensive. By the time I hit Perendurai, I had ended up paying a lot of toll (35 for elec city, 25 at hosur, 66 after hosur, 41 after dharmapuri and 51 at NH47). Then we drove through Kangayam, Dharapuram, Udhumalpet and Marayoor and then to Munnar. Roads upto Dhumalpet are excellent. Roads from there on to Munnar is reasonably good considering most of it are ghat section and often receive rainfall.

We spent close to 1.5 days in Munnar. From Munnar we had also been to top station which is roughly 40 kms and roads are SUPER SEXY.

We returned back in the same route and reached Bangalore yesterday mid night.

Key points of the drive:
Bangalore to Munnar: 11 hrs
Munnar to Bangalore: 9.5 hrs
FE with 80% AC on: 21 KMPL (full tank to full tank method)
Speeds average: 80-100KMPH upto Udhumalpet. 35-60KMPH from Udhumalpet to Munnar
Top speed: 110 on onward journey, 145 on return journey
Total kms clocked: 1111 (con-incidentally 1.1.11)
My odo reading as of now: 2411

Key points of the Palio:
- MJD never gives up. Be it the highway cruise or grunting while hill climbing. It did everything effortlessly
- Handling - Oh boy, it cant get better than a Palio. The high speed cornering and everything else, have no words.
- Braking - Too good. I dont need any ABS or EBD. I am more used to driving my 1100 which has just 4 drum brakes. What Palio offers to me is actually twice of what I need.
- My ICE rocks. I could have anyways done without it. 40% of the times, I had switched off the ICE to just listen to the MJD
- Atleast 10 people asked me about the exotica red palio and were stunned. At one parking place, a group of 5 discussed about my Palio. I could hear their conversation and 1 guy explained to the other 4 that Fiat has relaunched the Palio and has ABS, Airbags and a 1.5ltr engine. hehehe

I also noticed a hell lot of Fiat cars in Kerala. A lot of Uno's, Palio's, Punto's and Linea's.

Overall, this was a wonderful trip. The trip would have gotten boring if I had not driven to Munnar.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00425.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00442.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00444.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00447.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00449.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00452.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00470.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00472.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00495.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00496.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00497.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00645.jpg  

TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!-dsc00646.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2011, 12:54   #88
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (12)

Oh my my!! Never knew Munnar is so beautiful! Is it similar to Coorg?

Very happy to know that your FIAT performed well. When are you taking us for a drive?
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

My O my , those are really really hot pictures of your red hot ride.
Ya i know its late, but better late then never, so a very BIG CONGRATS for your ride.
So have you finalized the alloys which is gonna be added to your ride ?
One more thing, i wanted to check, i saw a white palio MJD with T-BHP sticker parked inside a house in HSR, is it by any chance the same one which got delivered along with yours.

Drive safe and take care & Happy new Year .

Cheers
Old 5th January 2011, 09:08   #90
BHPian

Karthik,

Great to see your Exotica Red Grande Palio in the pristine Greenery of Munnar. As you said the Palio rocks on those twisities

I too did a whirlwind 1 day drive to Munnar on 3rd and that was an extremely pleasurable drive. Visited Top Station, Eravikulam National park etc and clocked 381 kms in the process. After all Munnar town is just 140 kms from my house

Hoping to start a thread about my Palio once I return to Bangalore.

Cheers
Lloyd

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks