Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 15:44   #166
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: TATA - FIAT Palio Stile MJD : Crafted by FIAT specially for ME!

points noted! ya, i'll surely post the video in right thread and watch out for response. i am just waiting for the time to continue the shoot. what is next is suspense.
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 21:55   #167
BHPian

moderators, please remove the above post. i think i have found the right thread to post the above video and posted it in (Best "Car" movie you've seen).

Thank you.
Old 30th October 2011, 14:04   #168
BHPian

@funkykar and Gods-envy, i have posted my video in more appropriate thread i.e., (Best "Car" movie you've seen) as you have suggested me. not even a single response from single member out of 3000 new members every month in team-bhp. do you have any answer for that?
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:46   #169
BHPian

Wel done "director+Videographer" Karthik1100. And of course good job done by "actors" karthik and Sujith with their "heroines" Palio and Punto.
The music beats are matching with the steering and turning. The pot holes and suspension movements are also exactly matching with Beat at one time.
Recalling the Palio stile Advt "Mere Sapno ki rani kab".
There is no comparison for FCB guys for uploading best photos and videos of FIATs...
Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!1
Fiat&Me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 18:38   #170
Senior - BHPian

Been a while since I updated my ownership thread. In the last 1 year my usage of Palio has been 50:50 since I was using my other classics (118NE and Padmini S1). However, since last 3 months, I am using my Palio full fledged as a daily runner both in city and for highways.

My palio has completed 1 year and 1 month now. It has finished 3 free services. No major issues so far. Its so pristine that it hardly has any scratches (It has some very tiny ones which are negligible). The Odo reading as of now is 16106. Mileage has been erratic, or say my driving style. It simply delivers mileage based on how heavy my foot is, like any other good SDX.

Now, I need inputs on a few things:
1) Off late, the steering vibrates quite a bit. Its atleast 3 times more than any other SDX does. We have 3 SDX at our office, I used the other 2 as a bench mark. Prerana motors during the 3rd free service said the C mount has developed a crack and they replaced. When I took delivery of car it seemed fine and later returned. Also, the amount of vibration is different in different times, though it is consistantly more than the other 2 cars at our office. How do I take it forward? I dont really think, Prerana motors were very keen to find answers or not very competent enough or not bothered. I atleast need to give them some pointers.

2) I want MORE POWER and TORQUE. Please suggest me some after market products/mods that I can try on my car. K&N and a remap/chip (racedynamics/pete's or similar) is what I am looking for. I very well know it will void warranty, no issues. I have heard that it reduces the engine life and blah blah. It is okay until and unless the engine rapidly dies.

3) Has any one tried day time running LEDs on their Palios? I would want something around the headlights. Is it possible?
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 19:41   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

2) I want MORE POWER and TORQUE. Please suggest me some after market products/mods that I can try on my car. K&N and a remap/chip (racedynamics/pete's or similar) is what I am looking for. I very well know it will void warranty, no issues. I have heard that it reduces the engine life and blah blah. It is okay until and unless the engine rapidly dies.
Funkykar, check out this thread for remapping.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/113835-swift-vdi-remapped.html
Ravi Yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 22:46   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Off late, the steering vibrates quite a bit. Its atleast 3 times more than any other SDX does. I dont really think, Prerana motors were very keen to find answers or not very competent enough or not bothered. I atleast need to give them some pointers.
Get it checked from a good independent mechanic. Once he identifies the problem, take it to Prerana.

Quote:
2) I want MORE POWER and TORQUE. Please suggest me some after market products/mods that I can try on my car. K&N and a remap/chip (racedynamics/pete's or similar) is what I am looking for.
You can get a Pete's box for around Rs 30k. Check with Bubby for details (P.S. his Palio SDX is currently undergoing an engine rebuild. )

Quote:
3) Has any one tried day time running LEDs on their Palios? I would want something around the headlights. Is it possible?
ByDesign is the person who is into these kind of mods.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 10:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
A short-film trailer casting Karthik Makam's Red Palio SDX and Sujith's BW Punto, the video was shot long back but recently edited and promoting.
watch this video on Youtube. drag of diesel Jets - YouTube
Hi Karthik, The video has come out really well. Nice to see a talented director in this automotive forum, which is a very rare blend. Looking forward for more such movies. Just a suggestion, a movie like in the introductory part of car game "Need for Speed" and with these cars zooming would attract lots of audience. For example, with an underhood view and the engine grunting at idle and sounds of engine revving at no load, some wheelie at the start, S-turns & handbrake turns on a little muddy / dusty ground etc., are something which I could think about.
Waiting for more of your directions & videos, Cheers dude. Keep it up.
PS: Please do not worry about the limited number of feedbacks about your hardwork. Sometimes youtube might be blocked or people would just be busy to type some comments after watching the video. Always be motivated.
-Ilango
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:14   #174
Senior - BHPian

Hi Karthik
Hows the Palio doing ? I am looking for a used Palio MJD but everyone seems to be dissuading me against this buy. So wanted to check with real owners what the experience has been like ? Any constant niggles that are unsorted ? Is the dealership able to service the car with readily available parts ?

what has been the FE in City and on highways ?

thanks for your time
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 16:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

My answer to all your questions is +ve. Parts issues, I cant comment. Mine has only run 24k kms.

Minor issues, some unsolved issues here and there are little common. Price Vs car, you will not bother.

City FE : 12-14kmpl
Highway FE : 18-23kmpl

If you are getting a very good deal, go for it. Keep in mind, there will be some effort from your side to get things moving on Fiat ***/parts and all.
funkykar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 17:17   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hi Karthik
Hows the Palio doing ? I am looking for a used Palio MJD but everyone seems to be dissuading me against this buy. So wanted to check with real owners what the experience has been like ? Any constant niggles that are unsorted ? Is the dealership able to service the car with readily available parts ?

what has been the FE in City and on highways ?

thanks for your time
Narayan,

I second Karthik. I too got my Palio in the Dhamaka offer. My Car's odo reads 56350 now. And I'm extremely satisfied with the Car. It is just awesome. Couple of days back I drove a NHC from Bangalore to Cochin and that's when I realized how badly I was missing my Palio. It is just an awesome Car, esp on the highways. I was nervous about going beyond 100 in the NHC but on the same stretches the Palio was rock solid at 140/150 clicks

I haven't faced any issues with service so far and there have been no part failures either

Is this the Car that you are looking at? - http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Palio.html/
Old 2nd October 2012, 19:31   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Narayan,

I second Karthik. I too got my Palio in the Dhamaka offer. My Car's odo reads 56350 now. And I'm extremely satisfied with the Car. It is just awesome. Couple of days back I drove a NHC from Bangalore to Cochin and that's when I realized how badly I was missing my Palio. It is just an awesome Car, esp on the highways. I was nervous about going beyond 100 in the NHC but on the same stretches the Palio was rock solid at 140/150 clicks

I haven't faced any issues with service so far and there have been no part failures either

Is this the Car that you are looking at? - http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Palio.html/
Thanks guys for your feedback. No I am not referring to the car in tbhp classifieds since its in a different city. I was just wary about critical parts failure and the time it takes for getting parts as well as perceived high maintenance costs since I have always had Jap/Korean cars. Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:56   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thanks guys for your feedback. No I am not referring to the car in tbhp classifieds since its in a different city. I was just wary about critical parts failure and the time it takes for getting parts as well as perceived high maintenance costs since I have always had Jap/Korean cars. Thanks
I too got my palio multijet in the dhamaka offer and as of now has run 22300 kms. my experience so far has been very satisfactory, absolutely no failure of parts. As said earlier you will enjoy it on highways and ghats.
If the car you looking for is manufactured before 2010 then check service history of the clutch in particular as some of these cars had the issue of hard clutch. One more thing to consider before you make a decision is the spares particularly for the Stile version are exorbitantly priced.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:37   #179
Senior - BHPian

@Narayan: Generally, the Palios are very very sturdy and most parts are reliable and dont ask to be changed frequently. The parts availability is only a little better than before. Moreover, the Stiles are max 4 years old, so having the requirement of frequent parts is rare if the previous owner has maintained it average or above average way. Please note, you still cant expect a failed part stocked readily or getting it very quickly. There are instances where people had to wait 10-15 days, but it wasnt for a cricticl part used for running the car.

You will have your share of woes, no doubt. But given the cost its available and the pleasure of driving and the high sense of security, if you can go extra mile in coming days to keep the Palio in fine shape, go for it. If you want it to be more seamless service and a solid car, consider a Punto
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:58   #180
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to update the ownership after a very long time. Due to lack of time, I had not been updating my ownership bits here.

Anyways, the Palio had a fantastic run. In 2012, me and my wife did a Bangalore-Bhutan-Sikkim-Bangalore drive and logged here:
http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/trav...-palio-t48615/

Also, in 2013, I along with BHPians Parag Sachania and Alok Gunhal did the Golden Quadrilateral drive (anti clockwise). On the same drive, got home another Palio MJD belonging to Bhpian ByDesign to our Fiat friend Chetu Munna.

A couple of weeks ago, it was time for the Palio to go to a new home as I had decided to upgrade to Punto 90HP/Linea. More on it later.

The Palio had been a fantastic companion for me and my wife and we enjoyed every moment with it. It was a tireless horse and had done around 54k kms in about 3 years.
funkykar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks