Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 10:00   #136
BHPian

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Change of petrol pumps (mine gives me <8 if I fill in Shell .. strange isn't?)

Sathya
Satya, yes; its strange but i too have experienced it couple of times when i filled Shell Petrol.

Normal belief is that Shell petrol gives you marginally higher mileage but whenever i filled Shell Premium Petrol its the other way round. I get 1 km less
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 10:09   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Satya, yes; its strange but i too have experienced it couple of times when i filled Shell Petrol.

Normal belief is that Shell petrol gives you marginally higher mileage but whenever i filled Shell Premium Petrol its the other way round. I get 1 km less
It's applicable only for Diesel IMO.
I heard about the same from a lot of my petrol Head friends when they use Shell petrol in their cars.
But for Diesel, It gives some .5 to 1.25 kmpl more and Engine is more smooth and power should marginally increase, might be my perception
Old 30th September 2011, 23:25   #138
BHPian

Quote:
(mine gives me <8 if I fill in Shell .. strange isn't?)
!! Spot-on! My friend swears by that experience. For reasons that must obviously contradict our generally held opinions of Shell petrol, it indeed causes lower averages!
Old 1st October 2011, 08:26   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Change of petrol pumps (mine gives me <8 if I fill in Shell .. strange isn't?)
900+ kms done so far, 2 full tanks and the average consumption for me is around 9-9.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic.

First tank in Indianoil (had to immediately fill petrol after delivery, it was dangerously low) gave me 8.9 kmpl in Bangalore traffic. The next full tank in Shell has given around 10.1 kmpl, but this second tank had a few short highway runs where I was cruising at 90-100kmph. Anyway I think Shell is a far better pump since they don't cheat like these local bunks. That is one of the main reasons why I prefer them.

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st October 2011 at 08:31.
Old 1st October 2011, 23:56   #140
BHPian

In my case Shell Petrol is a mixed bag.. I simly dont get even 8-9 if I fill in Shell. So i regularly fill in one of the pump which generally boosts the mileage until 10-10.5 in City for my driving style..

Sathya
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:00   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Anyway I think Shell is a far better pump since they don't cheat like these local bunks. That is one of the main reasons why I prefer them.
Karthik, I share the same opinion of Shell. But...

...without insinuating anything (since I neither have any confirmed, reliable information, nor the means to obtain it) against Shell, I'd recommend you closely watch your mileage when you fill at Shell. I have seen a regular dip in mileage when filled from there.

I'd like to know others' experiences as well.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:07   #142
Senior - BHPian

Sathya, why are you selling her?

From what I could gather from this thread you really loved her!
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:42   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Sathya, why are you selling her?

From what I could gather from this thread you really loved her!
I guess he is going XUV500 way " Reason of sale:Upgrade to SUV"

Sathya should be able to confirm the same .

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:37   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I guess he is going XUV500 way " Reason of sale:Upgrade to SUV"

Sathya should be able to confirm the same .

Cheers
I have not decided on the SUV.

I love her everybit... No questions.. and she has also served me excellent so far. I am upgrading for utility reasons. No of ppl who can accompany me during a long travel etc.

Given a chance, I will retain her.. but finances keep me under check to do the same!

Sathya
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:57   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not decided on the SUV.

I love her everybit... No questions.. and she has also served me excellent so far. I am upgrading for utility reasons. No of ppl who can accompany me during a long travel etc.

Given a chance, I will retain her.. but finances keep me under check to do the same!

Sathya
Selling the T-Jet in such a short span! It will be a hard task to find a reasonably satisfying replacement
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:39   #146
BHPian

Are you serious?? You are ready to take a double hit! First you sold off the diesel and now this...

Quote:
You better try to RETAIN her buddy! Last I checked a colleague managed to get a whopping 1.45L off on the T-Jet. The slumbering sales and facelift coming next year are still not helping.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:51   #147
BHPian

Yes, its tough or nearly impossible to get an SUV with the dynamics as that of Linea..

And regarding the resale, I know I may lose some money.. the sale is not urgent or even I may retain her and put my SUV decision to dust.. I am sure there will be someone who will be a FIAT enthusiast and I will wait until then..There is no hurry per say.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:35   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its tough or nearly impossible to get an SUV with the dynamics as that of Linea..
Sorry to bug you again, Please have a look at the XUV5OO.

It handles very much like a car and is a brilliant overall package.

Go for a TD and let us know.
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:34   #149
BHPian

A Trip to Kothagiri..

Earlier this week, completed a 1200km round about trip to Kotagiri and back from Chennai in my Jet. A quick travelogue and pictures from the trip. One interesting aspect of this trip was - my Jet was accompanied by many Multi-Jets (Linea’s and Punto's). We were the "Force Five" on the roads till the trip got over.

Day 1:

Started from Chennai at about 9:30PM in the night on Friday - 14th Oct, 2011 and reached Gobi by 4 AM in the morning the following day. Checked in at Gobi for an overnight rather early morning stay. Started lazily in the morning by 11 AM and reached Kotagiri by 1 PM in the noon. Really it was a treat to watch multiple FIATS in a row and all of them commanded admiration from on-lookers. The day ended up talking about cars and some photography. Basically we were just lazing around. The resort we stayed in Kotagiri was "Twin Tree". The resort was super-awesome in one word. Food was equally good there.

The drive - I was cruising happily at 120+ and my mileage stood at 13.2km/lt from Chennai to Gobi. The multi-jets showed, they are no short in terms of power in addition to being frugal (In short they vanished out of my sight until Krishnagiri). I was cautious about mileage and was cruising all along. Indeed the Multijets got near 18+ km/lt for this portion of the trip eventhough their speeds were above 140/150 all along.

Gobi to Kotagiri saw my Jet in action since the road-scapes were awesome (neat winding roads to get some thrills). From Gobi to Kotagiri my mileage stood at 10.9km/lt including the ghats section. Think the Multijets gave 16+ there aswell proving they are frugal and equally faster. The best part was pushing the Jets at the ghats and winding roads - pure bliss is the only word.

Absolute feedback, stability and control.

Day 2:

This day was definitely eventful with all out Jets plying on the Kotagiri-Ooty-Masinagudi roads. Kotagiri, Ooty were simply at its best. Full of mist, rains and green everywhere. We visited Dhoddabetta and it was full of mist and enroute was scenic (esp. the mist covered mountains and lush greenery around).We did some photography there and started towards Masinagudi via the Kaletty route. Man, that route required some skills to drive and as usual the Jets were phenomenal in terms of proving that no other car on the road is a match to their dynamics. Every twist and turn pasted a smile in our face.

We took the jungle safari at Masinagudi (spotted Bisons, Elephants, Deers and even a bear). After a long drive into the forest in the government van we also took our jets again on thehighway in search of spotting some animals and we did see bisons at a very close range. After around 8PM we started moving towards Kotagiri and reached the resort after an eventful trip. Our families were very happy after seeing those animals in "their" habitat and the undisturbed surroundings. Esp. the kids were having fun all along.

The Drive – Ghats section and My Jet’s mileage stood at 9.7km/lt for this day.

Day 3:

This day was full of some adrenaline drive (damn the mileage attitude) starting from Kotagiri until Chennai. We took the Kotagiri - Satthi - Mettur - Thoppur - Krishnagiri - Chennai route and did some stretches in sheer 15-20 minutes time.. For e.g. Thoppur - Krishnagiri in less than 25 minutes time. And as usual, no words to explain the handling, power of my Jet. But the mileage dropped to 11km/lt when the speedo saw up 180's frequently.

En-route, all our Jets had some fun with a White elephant (TFORT) but to admit, there is no replacement for displacement. TFORT kept pace with us even at 180s/185s except in areas where there were steep bends/twists.. My Jet saw some redlining (6500+ RPM at every gear) while it was wrestling with the TFORT. One quick observation though is- the T-Jet goes all the way until 185+ in 4th at around 6600 RPM types and it does 140 at 3rd in the same RPM range.

The Drive - Multiple times the ECU cut-off triggered and The mileage dropped to 10.9 km/lt when I came home.

All in all, it was an awesome trip ending up well. The credit goes to the Jet and it’s companions. T-Jet deserves a round of applause for its brilliant engine, handling and loads of power at any gear.

One quick change this trip brought was - I have decided to retain the T-Jet and go for an SUV in addition to the Jet. I understood that I cannot get the driving pleasure of the T-Jet in an SUV (I knew that earlier but realized it again strongly). So have decided to retain her for some adrenaline drives (Cannot afford to sell my stress buster indeed).

Now, a treat to the eyes..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-1.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-2.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-3.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-4.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-5.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-6.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-7.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-8.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-9.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-10.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-12.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-13.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-14.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-15.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-16.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-17.jpg  

Attached Images

Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:29   #150
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Trip to Kothagiri..

Quote:
Earlier this week, completed a 1200km round about trip to Kotagiri and back from Chennai in my Jet. A quick travelogue and pictures from the trip. One interesting aspect of this trip was - my Jet was accompanied by many Multi-Jets (Linea’s and Punto's). We were the "Force Five" on the roads till the trip got over.
Absolutely amazing pics! Loved all of them. Pic # 7 is my favorite of all. 5 Fiats together is like a dream-team.

Sathya, man, don't let the Jet go, if you can. Its just a wonderful piece of machine, in and out. When you get bored of driving the SUV, you can switch to the Jet and forget all the boredom in the world.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks