Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 21:17   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Thanks Arvi86. These pictures were taken inside the IIT Campus and in Besant Nagar area.
I am taking my car there for a shoot once the spoilers are installed. The location looks so serene and calm that it doesn't look like Chennai at all.
Quote:
Some exceptions (other than Europeans) in this aspect are the TATA Safari (Love the design all time) and Mitsubishi Lancer.
You said it Sathya. The Tata Safari and original Mitsubishi Lancer (launched in 1998) are such timeless designs that a good running example still turns heads wherever they go.

By the way, if you had missed it, I have updated about our interaction at 3M Car Care in my ownership thread. Here is the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-owned-10.html
Old 10th April 2012, 10:41   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I am taking my car there for a shoot once the spoilers are installed. The location looks so serene and calm that it doesn't look like Chennai at all.
True, the place is too good and photogenic. Also consider the inner lanes of Besant Nager. They are also good for photography. If you can travel a little longer, places in ECR are also very scenic for your flying machine ( I mean Civic with a spoiler!)

Quote:
You said it Sathya. The Tata Safari and original Mitsubishi Lancer (launched in 1998) are such timeless designs that a good running example still turns heads wherever they go.
I have not had a single instance where these cars have passed and I have not looked at them. Everytime they pass by, they are truly head turners.

Quote:
By the way, if you had missed it, I have updated about our interaction at 3M Car Care in my ownership thread. Here is the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-owned-10.html
Thanks for pointing me to it. I enjoyed reading it.
Old 10th May 2012, 21:13   #183
BHPian

A Trip to Kodai along with other FIAT friends..

Did a memorable trip to Kodai with a total of Five FIATs. As usual, the Jet was simply awesome. Did a total distance of close to 2000kms in 4 days and it was pure bliss to drive it in ghats. Nowadays, when ever I see curves I accelerate instead of slowing down! Its addictive..

Now the ODO stands at 19000kms and car is niggle free. Everytime I power the engine ON, the beast unleashes itself and it feels increasingly powerful as I clock more kms.

Fuel eff for this trip varied between, as low as 8.2km/lt in highways to as high as 14km/lt depending on how it was driven. Sometimes avg. speeds between stretches were as high as 106km/hr (Madurai - Tutucorin 125km stretch where the eff was 8.2km/lt).

One important milestone on my car - with an avg speed of 83km/hr and having done 601kms in 7.11hrs, the avg fuel efficiency was still a good 14km/lt (See last 4 pics).

To sum it up, my Love for the beauty has been increasing more and more.

Now some pics of my "Beauty and the Beast"..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-3.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-6.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-7.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-9.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-11.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-12.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-13.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-20.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-21.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-22.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-23.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-24.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-25.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-27.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-28.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-30.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-31.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-stat-1.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-stat-2.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-stat-4.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-stat-3.jpg  

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 10th May 2012 at 21:21. Reason: Missed a pic.. so added it.
Sathya_sc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:14   #184
BHPian

Finally, took a decision and booked the XUV 500 that will give company to my Jet.

Hope I wont change my decision with the Duster launch around the corner!
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:36   #185
Senior - BHPian

We are also going for the same combo in our family. XUV delivery on Monday.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 18:18   #186
BHPian

Excellent. I think both of these cars are good in many ways. Pls share your experience with the XUV and it will be great for everyone to know about the newer batches of the XUV. Just will help to understand whether the initial niggles have been sorted out etc. I believe the niggles must have been ironed out since exports are going to begin shortly and the cars will have the same spec in the export market as well. Assuming the cars will have the same assembly lines, the QC will also be better because of the exports.. Just a guess.
Old 17th June 2012, 01:44   #187
JRD
BHPian

Congrats sathya, I just read your story and i have to say wow! You must have really missed the MJD badly to go out and get another linea. I miss by MJD sometimes especially when it comes to the handling and composure of cars.

I hope your Tjet doesn't have the annoying niggles that both our MJDs had.
Old 17th June 2012, 08:48   #188
BHPian

^^My T jet has no issues and I have never taken her to the workshop except regular services.. it has clocked 21k kms now and not even a rattle or anything annoying..
Old 17th June 2012, 11:00   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
We are also going for the same combo in our family. XUV delivery on Monday.
Sir.. How is the car? More and more I read the XUV niggles thread am losing my peace of mind... Can you share your experience on the XUV so far pls.. and by the way, what is your XUV's month of manufacture?
Old 17th June 2012, 12:11   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir.. How is the car? More and more I read the XUV niggles thread am losing my peace of mind... Can you share your experience on the XUV so far pls.. and by the way, what is your XUV's month of manufacture?
Not yet delivered due to some serious drama (some other customer) at MnM owned showroom. Now delivery postponed to tomorrow. I am also loosing the peace of mind due to this and more worried due to the fact that it will be used by our family in Mumbai and I am in Goa.
Coincidentally, my prev. 2 cars (Fusion and Fiat T-Jet) made me loose my peace of mind before buying and latter made me very very happy. Now even with a so called successful car (XUV5OO against duds like Fusion and T Jet) if we are loosing peace of mind, then it definitely says something about MnM.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:14   #191
BHPian

Hello Folks,

It has been a very long time since I updated the thread. Partially because, XUV is doing the duty most of the time and the Jet burns the fuel only when I need some adrenaline rush and some FIAT get togethers. And if I am with her, it re-kindles the child within me. My family says (complains) that I just become crazy when I drive the Jet. She is simply too close to my heart and it has become even more evident with the XUV coming in. I look at any and every opportunity to be with her! Thanks to the fuel disparity in India.

Recently was to a FIAT meet and the experience was great driving her in the beautiful Ooty ghats. It has been one machine which has been very reliable so far (2 yrs of ownership). Now the car has clocked 24000kms and everytime I take it out, its simply a blast, esp. when I compare it with the XUV (mainly in the 0-100 dash - in the first 3 gears). The acceleration blows me away when I immediately drive it after the XUV. Mileage has stabilized at around 10km/lt in the City and in Highway at around 13-14km/lt if driven at lower part of the triple digit speeds. If you redline, she guzzles fuel as if she has never seen petrol

In my family, she is given the stature of a Delicate Darling while the XUV, a Rugged Rogue. I have to take her for Service in December and seriously searching if there are any issues to be reported at all. All in all, one excellent piece of engineering for enthusiasts like us. Kudos to FIAT.

Coming up, a photoshoot within the next couple of weeks. Have requested my pal Sriram for sometime. Lets see..
Old 7th October 2012, 20:19   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has been a very long time since I updated the thread. Partially because, XUV is doing the duty most of the time and the Jet burns the fuel only when I need some adrenaline rush and some FIAT get togethers.
Welcome back to where you belong Sathya. I was wondering whether you have forgotten the T-Jet after the XUV 500 's arrival. As you rightly said, there are few cars that bring on such a wide grin on the face as the Linea T-Jet, isn't it? You can't be missing that for long.
Quote:
In my family, she is given the stature of a Delicate Darling while the XUV, a Rugged Rogue.
I like those surnames. But, it's quite an irony that one of the toughest-built cars in its segment is referred to as 'delicate'. In XUV 500's company, its only fitting that Linea takes the role of a pretty damsel.
Quote:
Coming up, a photoshoot within the next couple of weeks. Have requested my pal Sriram for sometime. Lets see..
Bring it on, man. I am a great fan of your friend's photography skills and would love to see the Linea T-Jet and XUV 500 together.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 11:34   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome back to where you belong Sathya. I was wondering whether you have forgotten the T-Jet after the XUV 500 's arrival. As you rightly said, there are few cars that bring on such a wide grin on the face as the Linea T-Jet, isn't it? You can't be missing that for long.

I like those surnames. But, it's quite an irony that one of the toughest-built cars in its segment is referred to as 'delicate'. In XUV 500's company, its only fitting that Linea takes the role of a pretty damsel.

Bring it on, man. I am a great fan of your friend's photography skills and would love to see the Linea T-Jet and XUV 500 together.
T-Jet was never forgotten. Its just that, it did not run too much. It was used sparingly for some weekend stuff within the city limits. But I had the opportunity to drive the Jet during my recent trip to Ooty for a FIAT meet. It was bliss all the way!

I would actually agree to the fact that it is one of the very toughly built cars (would steal GTO's words here - Tijori) in the segment where it is..But when I compare it with the XUV, I don't have a choice. Just that the XUV has that macho feel atleast from outside. But in terms of build, probably the Linea is still notches better than the XUV (no rattles, no issues so far)

Have asked Sriram's time for week after next week. Lets see whether it works.
Old 9th October 2012, 18:01   #194

Hi Sathya,

I must say brilliant photos of your white beauty..!!! Really stunning ones. Really admire your passion and the way you wrote about the Jet.
I am happy to hear that you are not facing any niggling issues, also because of the fact that you are taking very good care of the Jet.

I am also planning to book the Linea but still waiting for some news for/if the 1.6 Multijet is to be launched in India before I do any bookings.
Old 9th October 2012, 19:34   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSaDi View Post
Hi Sathya,

I must say brilliant photos of your white beauty..!!! Really stunning ones. Really admire your passion and the way you wrote about the Jet.
I am happy to hear that you are not facing any niggling issues, also because of the fact that you are taking very good care of the Jet.

I am also planning to book the Linea but still waiting for some news for/if the 1.6 Multijet is to be launched in India before I do any bookings.
No new launches from Fiat for the next 2 years.By then,it would also be time for the next-gen Linea.So go ahead and book the current one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks