Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 21:52   #121

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Satya,
Thanks for sharing the travelogue.
The car looks beautiful in these pics. The alloys (16 inch ones) looks so much better than the 15 inch ones in linea em pack.
Would you recommend a Tjet as compared the linea multijet ?
I am inclined for diesel; price being cheaper and also good mileage of multijet engine.
What if I later put a tuning box can I get a similar performance as a Tjet ?

Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 23:00   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Great drive indeed.
But looking your fuel efficiency, you could easily make 2 more trips in your earlier MJD.
But adrenaline rush is what we can easily extract from TJet.
True Man.. While this car is meant for power and rush.. it loses on on Fuel eff. But as a decision, I know what I was getting into and hence fine with it. afterall its one life and would want to do what I like... is nt it? No regrets whatsoever. Its bliss whenever I am in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsri View Post
Satya,
Thanks for sharing the travelogue.
The car looks beautiful in these pics. The alloys (16 inch ones) looks so much better than the 15 inch ones in linea em pack.
Would you recommend a Tjet as compared the linea multijet ?
I am inclined for diesel; price being cheaper and also good mileage of multijet engine.
What if I later put a tuning box can I get a similar performance as a Tjet ?

Thanks
Kepp one thing in mind.. MJD has adequete power to pull it to speeds in excess of 180 and its a practical package, overall. Go for it without second thoughts. You are making the right choice. T-Jet is good, but would recommend MJD as a overall package - adequate power, great mileage, classy looks, vault like build with great driving dynamics. It has all in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
good update Sathya, your car looks very classy

have you gotten over the lack of cocoon feeling which you were saying was there in Tjet compared to your earlier Mjet linea, is the hangover still there or you got adjusted to your Tjet.
I am out of it now.. and now fully in admiration for the Jet. Now I a find the TJet at par with the Mjet or even better. I guess it needed some time to get used to.. and the power it has made me feel that the Mjet handled better. But..now, the perception has changed.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 12:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic photos and travelogue Sathya!

Your Jet looks simply stunning in all those photos. Love it in any angle. What you said about owning a T-JET is perfect. Its one life and do what you like. I guess that is why even Honda had a tagline for Jazz "One life, why serious".
Old 13th August 2011, 18:50   #124

Satya have enjoyed reading your posts on the Linea T-Jet. Have finally booked white 2010 Linea T-Jet. Concorde Motors Mumbai offered a discount of Rs94,000 on this car. Saw the car at the dealer today, hopefully will get delivery next Saturday. Test drove the Verna Fluidic but the driving performance was not as good as the TJet.
Old 13th August 2011, 20:51   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
Satya have enjoyed reading your posts on the Linea T-Jet. Have finally booked white 2010 Linea T-Jet. Concorde Motors Mumbai offered a discount of Rs94,000 on this car. Saw the car at the dealer today, hopefully will get delivery next Saturday. Test drove the Verna Fluidic but the driving performance was not as good as the TJet.
Since its a 2010 model, I would seriously recommend a thorough PDI before you get it registered. Specially check for rust under the boot beads, engine bay and all doors
Old 14th August 2011, 12:03   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
Pls do a complete PDI since its a 2010 model. Its alomost 8 months- it should have been in the yard under harsh envn. conditions. Would recommend to take any fellow BHpian with you during the PDI.. so even if you miss a fault, he can get it. Hope, it is without any issues.

Trust me, T-Jet is a fantastic car and every time you press the pedal it will past a million smiles in your face. Happy Motoring.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 14th August 2011, 15:38   #127
BHPian

^^I concur, except that it also helps save your skin like it did for me two nights ago when a truck swerved into my lane while I was passing. Thankfully I was in the meat of the powerband and a stab on the pedal helped me escape without a crash into the truck or the barrier.
cranky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 18:42   #128

When I went to see the car, I was surprised that it had already done 295 or 395 kms. The salesperson informed me that it could only have been driven within the factory, but I told him since I am buying a new car that should not be the case. I have told him to get me another car with minimal mileage (around 60-80 kms). This car came from the Fiat factory (with an October 2010 production date) by trailer and was then driven from the company's stockyard at Bhiwandi to the Worli showroom. What if they do not have any more 2010 models - should I still go with this one?
Old 15th August 2011, 22:25   #129
Senior - BHPian

400 kms could also include display vehicle which may sometimes be used for demo purpose too.

What is the discount on the 2011 models.

How much is actual on-road difference working out compared to the Cedia.
Old 16th August 2011, 13:09   #130

The car has done 375 kms. They are now saying that the car was driven down from Ranjangaon-Pune-Bhiwandi-Worli as they did not send it by trailer. According to Concorde Motors, at Biwandi their internal PDI took around 30-40kms since it was a 2010 model and they had to check it out thoroughly. The discount on the 2011 model is Rs31,981 (which is the insurance amount). No idea on the Cedia on-road price.
Old 17th September 2011, 11:32   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Pls do a complete PDI since its a 2010 model. Its alomost 8 months- it should have been in the yard under harsh envn. conditions. Would recommend to take any fellow BHpian with you during the PDI.. so even if you miss a fault, he can get it. Hope, it is without any issues.

Trust me, T-Jet is a fantastic car and every time you press the pedal it will past a million smiles in your face. Happy Motoring.

Regards,
Sathya
@Sathya

Need your advice to decide on Fiat Linea T-Jet or Diesel.

I went to the Fiat showroom yesterday.
The On road prices after discounts without haggling are
T-JEt - 9.3 lakhs
Diesel - 9.6 lakhs

I can decide on either and will change my driving requirements accordingly. If I buy the diesel I will take it to office everyday for an overall 50km daily commute. If I buy the petrol it will be more of a weekend car and I shall use public transportation.

I think common sense makes me think I should go for the diesel.

Now my queries are -
1. Other than leather seats, bigger rims, all 4 disc brakes, power difference are all the other features on the diesel and T-JET the same?
2. Are quality wise the plastics, interiors, etc now both the same for the diesel and T-JET
3. Any other pros and cons that you all can think of for both diesel and TJET?

I am ok with TATA A** as I own a S10.

Appreciate your response.

Cheers
Old 21st September 2011, 18:46   #132
BHPian

@Sahakar.. Sorry for the late reply. Wasnt on my personal emails for a few days and hence missed the quote-

So here it goes-

MJD:

Excellent "FRUGAL" car

1st and 2nd gears - Just to move

From 3rd Gear onwards, the power delivery is "more than" adequate.. I love 5th especially when there are open roads. It just pulls all the way till 170 without any hassles.

Top speed:Speedo indicated 180+ (once did BLR-CHENNAI in flat 3 hrs and Thirunelveli-CHN(550kms) in flat 6 hrs). Its not slow by any means.

NVH - Noisy after 120 types.. very Noisy after 140/150. i mean YOU HAVE TO PUMP UP THE VOLUME TO HEAR MUSIC. Anywayz for people like us engine roar itself is a sweet music. But cannot expect the same from our families too.

Mileage City - Initially 12-13km/lt and after 10k expect somewhere around 14-15km/lt

Highway Mileage - Speed less than 100 - expect 20-22km/lt, 100-120 - 18km/lt, Consistent 130+ - 15-16km/lt

Learn to work the gears and you have a WINNER in hand.

Handling - Excellent. Perfect steering you can find this side of 10L.

Ride - Balanced and good

Now the T-Jet:

Powerful car

Great acceleration. You can put other cars to dust in a traffic light.

Punchy Midrange

3rd gear is simply sweet. Excellent Punch and RANGE.

Mileage - 10-11 in City. Pls note that you may even get 8/9 if you drive hard ( I mean take her to 5000 RPM at every gear).

Highway - speed <100 - 16km/lt, 100-110 - 14-15km/lt, 130-140 - 13km/lt.. speeds more than 140 - 10-12km/lt

Top speed - Have done a speedo indicated 200+ once. However 190 is easy.

Handling - Excellent. I would say a segment leader in this dept.

Ride - Balanced and good

Plastics - I find them to be better than the older MJD I had.

Features - They are the same other than all wheel disc, 16 inch alloys and Leather seats. However some minor things - You will get 3 head restraints in T-Jet while you get two in MJD and the seats are foldable in T-Jet. Am not sure about foldable seats on the MJD. Also the cigar lighter is missing.

Service : I have no issues whatsoever. Some people say I am lucky!

Now my verdict-

Economy and Excitement - MJD (Practical and sensible buy)

Power and Adrenaline rush - T-Jet (serious fun under 10lakhs)

Decide what you want and go ahead. ALL THE BEST

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 21st September 2011 at 18:47.
Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 16:15   #133
BHPian

SpeedSatya,

In moderate Bangalore traffic (off-peak hour), my friend's T-Jet returns 10 kmpl when driven carefully.

If driven casually (neither being consciously light-footed nor needlessly revving it) in peak hour traffic, it barely gives 9 kmpl (8.5 whereabouts).

Don't you think this is below par for a T-Jet? Do you think his car needs to be checked?
Old 27th September 2011, 17:51   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
In moderate Bangalore traffic (off-peak hour), my friend's T-Jet returns 10 kmpl when driven carefully.

If driven casually (neither being consciously light-footed nor needlessly revving it) in peak hour traffic, it barely gives 9 kmpl (8.5 whereabouts).

Don't you think this is below par for a T-Jet? Do you think his car needs to be checked?
I dont think so. I assume BLR traffic is definitely heavy than Chennai.. So i think its ok types.. Generally in my observation, the mileage drops significantly if..

Its idling for a considerably long time in a traffic light
Change of petrol pumps (mine gives me <8 if I fill in Shell .. strange isn't?)

There have been instances of it returning <9 for me many a times.. But those can be attributed to the above two factors mentioned in my case..

Sathya
Old 27th September 2011, 18:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
SpeedSatya,

skandyhere he car is all right. That is an average you get in B2B. Do not drive it extra carefully bcoz unknowilngly we tend to be deficiently slower.
If you need great FE then have a close look into the Inst Consp. Best I got was around 13 kmpl to 14.8 kmpl, but again it is quite not possible to drive T-Jet like that.
I get an average of 9.7 given once or twice I redline it making it reach 120 kmph for like 1-2 kms (I take a deviation from Logica CMG route after marthahalli to reach EGL)..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks