Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2011, 19:07   #106
BHPian

Re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Thanks all.. Yes, this will get my daughter to sit at the back which will be more safe for her. She simply refuses to sit at the back otherwise..

To be honest, at 9000 odd rupees.. this very well solves the purpose when compared to Mega audio and other brands' strap on dual DVD monitors which cost > Rs.30k here..

Hey welcome back, really missed your updates

About you latest add on i really liked it, the wiring looks kind of messy! BTW did you consider getting a portable DVD player? i hear that good ones are available for as less as 4k.
Old 20th March 2011, 21:36   #107
BHPian

Re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Hey welcome back, really missed your updates

About you latest add on i really liked it, the wiring looks kind of messy! BTW did you consider getting a portable DVD player? i hear that good ones are available for as less as 4k.
Thanks..

Yes, the wiring looks like a spider web. Isnt it?. Thats my bad.. I didnt tag the wires when I took the pics. Ideally they must be tagged with some straps given along with the package. May be, once tagged it will look better. About the portable DVD player, the problem is, most of them cannot be strapped with the headrest. I tried some models but they can only be placed in the seat or can be used like a laptop and hence decided to go with this option after some fair bit of research. May be, some more options are also available which I am unaware of.. however this solved the purpose for me (i mean keeps my daughter glued to back seats)
Old 21st March 2011, 14:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hey Satya,
I am looking for something similar for my son, though I would be interested in a single screen only. How much does the single screen option cost? And is there any USB (or any other option) interface in any other model?
Do you have a photo of how you have taken care of the hanging wires?
Old 21st March 2011, 15:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

Great Stuff Sathya.
I am also looking for some Portable DVD Player like this.
There's one model in Philips available in India for Rs.7000 with Car kit.
Philips - Portable DVD Player PET727/94 - Portable DVD players - Blu-ray and DVD - Sound and vision
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:46   #110
BHPian

hi Satya, do you hear a faint whistling noise that starts around about 1800 rpm and increases as the revs build up (never gets loud though and is drowned by the engine and road noise as the speed builds up)? GTO was mentioning something about a turbo whistle. is this it or is this something to worry about? (my first turbo charged car!!)

also what is your take on the road noise coming into the cabin. I feel it is a bit louder than the vento, specially on concrete roads.

My tjet is has given a mileage of only 7.5 mainly in city drive in its first 400km. lets see how well she does over the next tankful.

But yes she is absolutely fantastic to drive (apart from the gear shifts). I am also very happy with my purchase :-)
Old 24th May 2011, 16:58   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
hi Satya, do you hear a faint whistling noise that starts around about 1800 rpm and increases as the revs build up (never gets loud though and is drowned by the engine and road noise as the speed builds up)? GTO was mentioning something about a turbo whistle. is this it or is this something to worry about? (my first turbo charged car!!)

also what is your take on the road noise coming into the cabin. I feel it is a bit louder than the vento, specially on concrete roads.
Sorry for the late reply.. didnt notice this post..yes.. its the turbo whistle..its sweet.and the road noise increases in concrete roads.. cant help it. Enjoy the Jet.

Sathya
Old 24th May 2011, 17:09   #112
BHPian

8200 km update and a trip to Munnar

8200kms update:

Its been a while since I shared my experience about the TJet. I have completed my first service at 5000kms and my jet has been going strong all the while so far. It has also been doing some good highway spins since April. The sore-thumb only is only the rising fuel costs (my movement from Diesel to Petrol..)

First service bill was zero and there has been no issues whatsover with my Jet. Highway mileage has settled at 14-15 (100-120kms/hr) and 10-11 (at consistent speeds above 150). City mileage has been 9-10km/lt with moderate to heavy foot. Trust me, this car cannot be driven slow. I have left trying to be light footed in my jet. Everytime I take the Jet, I drive it the way thinking I own one of the Oil wells.

Last month it was decided to take it for yet another long spin, but this time to "Gods own country".. Yes, I mean to Kerala - Munnar. Before finalizing, a full one week was spent contemplating the place to be visited and finally Munnar was nailed down by three of my friends.

Once the place was finalized, quickly we made the bookings and the enroute was decided as Karur and Madurai uphill and down hill. So here it goes..

The day arrived (20th may) and we were supposed to start by 5 in the evening.. but as usual our office work kept all of us busy until 7PM and finally we left Chennai by 7PM.

20th may:

The Punto’s were full on fuel and mine was hungry and had to feed her a tankful of petrol on the way at Guduvanchery. Initially we decided to stop at one of the motels near Villupuram but everybody felt hungry (after all we also needed fuel to run) and we stopped at Dhindivanam “Aryas” hotel and had a stomach full of food.

Then we started the drive towards Karur.. We were maintaining speeds upto a max of 120 and by 12 am we were at Perambalur. There was consistent traffic which slowed us until Perambalur. We took a short break and started towards Karur.

21st may:

The clock was inching towards the morning and we had still a long way to travel towards Karur and the real pain were the bad roads from Musiri till Karur. For those who are travelling in the near future to Munnar -- avoid the Karur route for atleast a few months. But the enroute looked scenic eventhough it was dark. As the clock inched towards the morning, we really lost patience and our speedo’s were consistently witnessing 150+ wherever there was an opportunity.

By 4AM we reached Karur and checked into “Perry’s Lodge” for a quick stay. It was a decent place for a transit stay. Could have been better though..We had the morning breakfast by 10am and left Karur by 11am!!! the original plan was to leave by 5am. We were running 6 hrs late! From Karur the roads were good and the first half of the ghats sections was again bad. The roads were too narrow and we had to drive real slow and careful.

We took a short break in the ghats section and from there, I lost patience since the clock was already near 3PM. I started unleashing the beast within my jet and started to inch beyond 80km/hr in the ghats..sometimes even 100s. Thanks to the brilliant handling.. never my jet was out of the line and it exhibited absolute composure.

it was real.. real fun to drive the jet at good speeds in the ghats.
Reached Munnar by 6PM and proceeded towards Pothamedu to check in at Tea Valley resorts. Oh man, enroute to Tea vally needs some expertise to drive. The approach road (or better to be described as "no raod") was too narrow and it added to the final thrill in the ride. I mean real thrill. Once has to drive there to experience it. The resort was super cool and we just crashed by 10PM in the night since it was a tiring day driving all along through some of the worst stretches near Karur and initial ghats section and the final drive to resort. I would recommend “TEA VALLEY” to anyone since it had amazing views and out of the city’s buzz. In one word, the resort was very good including the food.

The Jet was a blast to drive with the avg. fuel eff. near 10km/lt including the Ghats with some real pedal to metal drive.

22nd may:

We decided not to take our cars for venturing out in Munnar and hired a Tavera. Th main reason was the approach road the pain in parking at any place in Munnar. The granny (Tavera) arrived with 2lakh Km on the odo but she behaved and looked as a 18 yr old! I couldnt believe when we saw the ODO with a 2lak reading. We spent all day enjoying the weather and sight seeing. Did some elephant and horse ride and had some good fun together..

23 may:

We started by 11.30AM in the morning and this time I was literally ripping my Jet (frequent visits to 100km/hr) and did the entire ghats of close to 75kms within 2.5hrs including three 15 min breaks. So the actual time was 1 hr 45 mins to cover 75kms of ghats. The roads were excellent in the ghats section towards Madurai except for a "very" winding nature. I felt this had some serious turns compared to kodai and ooty or any other ghats I have experienced so far.

Reached Theni by 2PM and completed the lunch in Aryaas. The food was yummy and our tummies were full.

I checked my Avg consumption it was 9.1km/lt. I was OK since I taxed the car to its limits. Again absolute calmness and composure even at 80/90kmhr in the ghats. I did not have to slow down at all. It never, not even once, went out of its line.

Brilliant handling and dynamics. I simply loved it.

Started by 3Pm from Theni and reached Madurai by 4:45pm (75km single road which was good). By 5:30 we were in the outskirts of Madurai and after a tea, proceeded towards the longer part of the travel (Madurai-Chennai of 437kms).

Did frequent 180/190s and reached Villupuram by 7:50Pm (2 hrs 20 mins from Madurai). Had dinner at Arya nivas and proceeded towards Chennai, this time under 120 since my Avg consumption dropped to 10km/lt in the Madurai-Villupuram stretch.. However has some friendly fun with a Laura TDI and an Accord until the Laura pulled over after Chengalpat Toll plaza.
There was a huge traffic jam near Perungulathur and had to almost wait 1 hr before reaching home by 11:30. So it was exactly a 12 hr drive with some super fun with my Jet. It all ended well finally. Enjoyed every bit of my T-Jet. Eyeing Rajastan for the next trip in the Jet by September.

Photos to follow..

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 17:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sathya,

Back to Chennai. seeing your post after a long gap.
call me at your free time.
Old 24th May 2011, 19:09   #114
BHPian

Pics..

Some pics taken in this trip..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-1.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-2.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-3.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-4.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-5.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-6.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-7.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-8.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-9.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-10.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-11.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-12.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-13.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-14.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-15.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-16.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-17.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-18.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-19.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-20.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 19:13   #115
BHPian

Some more pics

Some more pics.. taken in Munnar..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-21.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-22.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-23.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-24.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-25.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-26.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-27.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-28.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-29.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-30.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-31.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-32.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 22:18   #116
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful Pictures there. Were the Punto's able to keep up with you on the ghats ?
Old 24th May 2011, 22:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Beautiful Pictures there. Were the Punto's able to keep up with you on the ghats ?
I reached Munnar 25 mins ahead of the 90HP one.. So there must have been a max gap of 5-6 kms I guess between the Jet and the Puntos.. But i am sure they can keep pace in the ghats since the max speed any car can do in those stretches may not be more than 100...and Puntos are no less than Linea's in terms of handling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi Sathya,

Back to Chennai. seeing your post after a long gap.
call me at your free time.
Sorry man.. didnt notice this post in the middle.. will call sometime this week. if you are free.. pls buzz.. since a long time we met or spoke. howz your MJD?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th July 2011 at 21:32. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 26th July 2011, 19:51   #118
BHPian

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

All.

A quick update at 11,700 kms in my Jet.

Covered 1700+kms Chennai-Tiruchendur-Kanyakumari-Trivandrum-Tirunelveli-chennai in 4 days..

No of people: 5 adults, 1 kid and luggage - boot full! The car was literally packed to its brim.

Onward Trip (Chennai - Tiruchendur):

Started early by about 7 AM on Saturday and reached Tiruchendur Midday by about 3PM. Avg speed was 93km/hr and avg fuel eff was nothing to talk about (9.7km/lt). Compromised on Fuel efficiency for time. Did the onward trip in flat 7 hrs with a 2, 30 mins break for breakfast and lunch.

Here are vital statistics-

Avg Speed: 93km/hr
Running Time - little less than 7hrs
Fuel Eff: 9.7km/lt
No of full tanks - 2 times (One in Chennai and one in Madurai)
Handling - Excellent
Problems - NIL
Comfort - 5 was a tight fit for sure!

The most important thing was - did not even scrap any of the speed breaker even once all along the trip.. not even the big ones near the toll plazas. surprised!!

Tiruchendur - Kanyakumari

Roads were bad. drove her sedate..

Statistics:

Avg speed - 63 km/hr
Fuel eff - 12.2km/lt
Problems - NIL

Kanyakumari - Trivandrum

Did a tank fill again (3rd one)

Roads were OK types. again sedate driving..

Statistics:

Avg Speed: 66km/hr
Fuel Eff: 11.6km/lt
Problems - NIL

Trivandrum - Thirunelveli

Avg Speed: 43km/hr (heavy traffic)
Fuel Eff - 10.4km/lt
Problems - Nil

Thirunelveli - Chennai

did the 4th tank fill at Madurai Adyar Ananda Bhavan (Opp Temple city highway hotel)..
Avg Speed - 91km/kr
Time - 6.15 hrs (total running time)
Fuel Eff - 14.1km/lt

Lesson learnt from the trip - TJet allows to be DRIVEN FAST without compromising fuel eff. During the return trip I was doing consistent 150s but did manage to get a decent mileage.. the secret was - DO NOT accelerate hard from lower speeds.. build momentum steadily and cruise at a higher speed.. "THROTTLE RESPONSE" is the key for mileage.

What I mean is do not rev the car too much.. like taking it to 100 at 3rd to build higher speeds... allow it build speed steadily and then cruise at 140 or even at higher speeds.. the mileage remains fairly higher and stable too.

I did not feel any kind of fatigue or any stress when I completed the trip. Felt like taking it for a spin again. The car behaved superbly and did paste a smile yet again in my face. Be it high speed cornering or a sedate drive, the car handled very well.

A quick thing.. I saw a FTA Punto Emotion during my return journey.. Man.. whoever was driving, he has to be applauded. What a drive.. and believe, he made me feel, it is not the car but the driver who can create a difference. He made me feel I was driving too slow! Hats off man for that adrenaline drive.. Honestly, had some fun when I was driving with you.

Meanwhile I saw a T-BHP sticker in your car.. Pls identify yourself buddy..Have posted your cars' pic too.

Pics to follow.

Sathya
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-1.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-2.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-3.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-4.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-5.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-7.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-8.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-9.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-10.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-11.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-12.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-13.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-14.jpg  

Attached Images

Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 21:46   #119
BHPian

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

good update Sathya, your car looks very classy

have you gotten over the lack of cocoon feeling which you were saying was there in Tjet compared to your earlier Mjet linea, is the hangover still there or you got adjusted to your Tjet.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Great drive indeed.
But looking your fuel efficiency, you could easily make 2 more trips in your earlier MJD.
But adrenaline rush is what we can easily extract from TJet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks