Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 20:53   #166
Senior - BHPian

Great to see your car come back to pristine condition. I too planned to go 3M for so many days. Now I have completed 4th service. So going over by next week. Awaiting my Silverstreak to back to factory finish.
Old 6th April 2012, 21:03   #167
BHPian

Re: My beauty at 3M Car Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I loved the alloys & the engine bay treat especially! Those look spanking new & just out of showroom! Is there a scratch on the driver side OVRM? Why don't you get it touched? Looks like a scar on the beauty!
Thanks buddy. Thats not a scratch.. It is just a ORVM scratch protector which in itself looks a scratch because of the dirst accumulated in it and the sad part is it cannot be cleaned (we tried it hard today actually). I will get it removed and install a new one soon.. it helps the ORVM from those careless bikers actually!

and Thanks karthik. get your beauty to pristine condition soon.
Old 6th April 2012, 21:04   #168
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Those guys at 3M did a commendable job for around 5 hrs to restore my car to its full glamor. Hats off to them. I must say the job done at 3M Chennai for my car is by far the best I have done so far in Chennai. FULL MARKS to those guys.

Any one looking for a good detailing place in Chennai - I would recommend 3M and the contact point is Dushy - 9940574321. Just a great place to be for car enthusiasts who would love to see their beauty at its best.
I swear. With such passion and commitment, Dushy and his team are doing a brilliant job when it comes to car-detailing. In future, with the kind of popularity and positive word-of-mouth that these guys are garnering, I can see this 3M Car Care center to be jammed and crowded by enthusiasts.
Quote:
And I saw one more BHPian with his Civic there and had a good time talking to him and admiring at his beauty as well.
It was a pleasure talking to you Sathya. As a like-minded person, I could feel the emotions and love that you have for Fiats in general and Linea in particular. Your Linea T-JET is truly a princess and it was shining in all its pristine glory today.

The Civic enjoyed T-Jet's company as well.
Quote:
However, I took her out for a Photo shoot session (thanks to my best pal Sriram Guruswamy - he is one of the best I have seen in photography with great passion towards it) and I will add those pictures once he shares the pictures with me. I am sure those pics will be super awesome.
Waiting for those pics Sathya. I am sure your friend would have captured the T-Jet at its best, what with the princess shining in all her glory today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I loved the alloys & the engine bay treat especially! Those look spanking new & just out of showroom!
I will vouch for it. In fact, I was asking Sathya today "Did these guys at 3M clean this engine bay?". It was really spanking new.
Quote:
It is just a ORVM scratch protector which in itself looks a scratch because of the dirst accumulated in it and the sad part is it cannot be cleaned
Even I noticed it today. Get it replaced soon as it might attracted unwanted attraction in your otherwise spotless T-Jet.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2012 at 10:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 6th April 2012, 21:22   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
First my thanks to Karthik (Black TJet). You inspired me to take my white beauty to 3M for an exterior detailing exercise.

Thanks a lot for the kind words sathya, glad to see you got her detailed. It is amazing to see in the pictures how much of a difference it has made on your Jet, especially in the bonnet picture where reflections are seen. Like I said before, white and black are two colors where the detailing difference can be easily perceived. Your Jet now looks brand new, really happy to see the results.

Quote:

Followed by the wash, the guys over there meticulously removed each and every stain mark on the car and it took almost an hour and a half to get the stains removed. My car had a lot of tree leaf stains (dark spots) since there is a tree covering the car park in my house. I must definitely appreciate the workmanship at the 3M center. They did it so meticulously that I couldn’t find even a single stain mark in my car. They also removed the water stains that surround the FIAT badge and near the front grills and fog lamps. All in all, an excellent stain removal session.
They seem to have done a really, really detailed job, concentrating on each strip of chrome lining and scrubbing away the deposits in the gaps, etc. Brilliant stuff!

Quote:
I have shared some pictures of my beauty during the detailing process and few after the actual work. However, I took her out for a Photo shoot session (thanks to my best pal Sriram Guruswamy - he is one of the best I have seen in photography with great passion towards it) and I will add those pictures once he shares the pictures with me. I am sure those pics will be super awesome.

Some pics that I took to start with...
Fantastic pictures of the detailing session sathya. Eagerly awaiting the photoshoot pictures now. I'm sure they will better your previous photoshoot pictures which were themselves mind-blowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Me and other friend are interested to change the speakers, Though i am going to sell my car ASAP.
Really sad news. What happened Karthik? Why the shock decision to sell the Silver streak??

Regarding speakers - I think carwatcher who recently bought a T-Jet changed his speakers to JVC in the front and JBL on the rear. Perhaps you could PM him for the latest prices and which model. He had posted about the speaker change in this link. Perhaps this post could be helpful for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2701396

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th April 2012 at 21:30.
Old 6th April 2012, 21:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I will vouch for it. In fact, I was asking Sathya today "Did these guys at 3M clean this engine bay?". It was really spanking new.

Even I noticed it today. Get it replaced soon as it might attracted unwanted attraction in your otherwise spotless T-Jet.
Those guys are terrific man! Very meticulous in what they do. and yes and I will soon replace the scratch protector in my ORVM.

Quote:
Waiting for those pics Sathya. I am sure your friend would have captured the T-Jet at its best, what with the princess shining in all her glory today.
Even I am expecting them from my friend. He will send it tonight mostly. I will post them as soon as I get the pics.

and Thanks Karthik.. Truly you inspired me to detail her and 3M here is just awesome.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 6th April 2012 at 21:28.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 21:34   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
Really sad news. What happened Karthik? Why the shock decision to sell the Silver streak??
not really. I am in good dilemma right now. Waiting to subsidize my mind to finalize the correct decision.
Family is very much against selling silver streak.
aks_karthik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 22:13   #172
Senior - BHPian

re: Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)

Sathya, yours must be the second car they detailed with the FIAT stickers on the front door. They should be remembering my car too when they did the detailing. And yes, I must also admit that their workmanship was the best I have even seen.

Just in case if you missed my post on the detailing done on my car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post2670982

Last edited by rameshnanda : 6th April 2012 at 22:15.
Old 7th April 2012, 10:48   #173
BHPian

The Beauty at its Best.. My White Princess.

Thanks Ramesh, Arvi86 and Karthik.

Here I present my love. Feel being on cloud nine to be with her.

Falling short of words to express my love to her.. Presenting a treat to all your eyes..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1463.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1473.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1481.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1484.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1486.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1489.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1490.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1509.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1518.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1544.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1557.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1560.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1567.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-sri_1579.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 11:33   #174
Senior - BHPian

I am speechless. Some photographs are simply out of the world. I really envy you Sathya for having a friend like Sriram . On a lighter note, whether your better half know about this love and the time spent by you to shoot this?
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 16:37   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I am speechless. Some photographs are simply out of the world. I really envy you Sathya for having a friend like Sriram . On a lighter note, whether your better half know about this love and the time spent by you to shoot this?
True. Even I was spellbound by looking at them. Sriram is truly passionate about photography. He clicked almost 150 pics and made repeat the drives until the desired effect was achieved. My better half is now fed up with me and disgusted at the very idea of my love towards my linea. She was furious when she understood that I spend the whole day with my car yesterday. Anywayz, is it going to stop me? Never
Old 7th April 2012, 17:56   #176
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Beauty at its Best.. My White Princess.

Quote:
Thanks Ramesh, Arvi86 and Karthik.

Here I present my love. Feel being on cloud nine to be with her.

Falling short of words to express my love to her.. Presenting a treat to all your eyes..
All I can say after seeing those pics is 'WOW'! Absolutely brilliant photography, hats off to your friend. These and the set of pictures in Page 2 of your ownership thread are timeless.

By the way, where in Chennai were these shots captured? As you might have guessed, I need to take my Civic there for a photo shoot once my cousin (also a budding and passionate photographer) comes back to Chennai.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 18:02   #177
Team-BHP Support

Those are some fantastic photographs sathya. Kudos to your friend for the postcard quality photography. Some of them deserve to be framed

The location also seems perfect, also time of the day - the sunset color of the light makes the white look even more fantastic.

In the side profile picture, are your tints reflective ones or is it the 3M effect which is making it look like that? which tints are you using on the Jet?

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th April 2012 at 18:04.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 20:07   #178
BHPian

Quote:
All I can say after seeing those pics is 'WOW'! Absolutely brilliant photography, hats off to your friend. These and the set of pictures in Page 2 of your ownership thread are timeless.

By the way, where in Chennai were these shots captured? As you might have guessed, I need to take my Civic there for a photo shoot once my cousin (also a budding and passionate photographer) comes back to Chennai.
Thanks Arvi86. These pictures were taken inside the IIT Campus and in Besant Nagar area. The photo shoot lasted for close to 3hrs scouting for locations and repeating shots to get that perfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
In the side profile picture, are your tints reflective ones or is it the 3M effect which is making it look like that? which tints are you using on the Jet?
Thanks Karthik. Complete credit goes to Sriram. RE35 is the tint that I went for I guess, and it does reflect normally.
Old 7th April 2012, 23:15   #179
BHPian

Beautiful captures by your friend Sathya - Linea is still the best looking sedan in this segment by miles. Italians can create timeless designs unlike other whose are striking & flashy for a while and dies soon.

This car has got looks, power, features and a powerful driver - Keep burning the road Sathya
Old 9th April 2012, 09:44   #180
BHPian

^^Absolutely true Teky, I have also felt the same way in terms of some of the modern age designs. Italians and by and large Europeans create ageless designs which have subtle and not too flashy curves. But they kind of look good even after 10 years of their launch. Some exceptions (other than Europeans) in this aspect are the TATA Safari (Love the design all time) and Mitsubishi Lancer. Some of the modern age cars look too flashy and lose their charm in a few years of launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks