Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 16:52   #3376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man View Post

Look forward for the prespectives of the members in this thread and also seek guidance from the Thar experts to enable the functions as stated above.
I'd only say that if it's your only vehicle then you'd be better off with a scorpio 4wd. Thar at best can be a decent secondary vehicle.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 19:35   #3377
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Look forward for the prespectives of the members in this thread and also seek guidance from the Thar experts to enable the functions as stated above..
Its worth a buy, despite all negatives listed. Point is if you know what you are getting into (which is clear from your wishlist), then you wont fret....I have been using since 2011 as my office, weekend, long drive, off road all in one. Don't spend too much decking it, its good as is.
vnambiar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 19:51   #3378
BHPian

Can anybody share the details of hard top option from M&M and it's reliability and cost.
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:04   #3379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had a word with a gentleman in the Mahindra customization department, he gave me a fair overview of what can be done and the budget required. I still feel I could try out someone from Mumbai or Pune who will cheaper than Mahindra customization and help me. I look forward for the prespectives of the members in this thread and also seek guidance from the Thar experts to enable the functions as stated above.
Dear Real-man - hello to you. I know exactly who can help you with a perfect job, he will guide you properly and he will do exactly what you want! He knows exactly what he talks and does, because he does it with passion. He loves his work. I am not blowing his trumpet just like that. And he is based in Mumbai!

I really don't know whether I can give the details on a public forum, moderators, please guide, I will go with your recommendation.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:16   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Real-man - hello to you. I know exactly who can help you with a perfect job, he will guide you properly and he will do exactly what you want! He knows exactly what he talks and does, because he does it with passion. He loves his work. I am not blowing his trumpet just like that. And he is based in Mumbai!

I really don't know whether I can give the details on a public forum, moderators, please guide, I will go with your recommendation.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Beloved Bawa Ji,

Please send a PM to Real-man. That way you wont be disclosing the details on a public forum.

(You online at this time of the day!)
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:12   #3381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
As we always maintain, recommending a service that would help another bhpian is always welcome as long as there is no commercial interest involved in it. Sharing information directly on the forum helps many members v/s sharing via a private message.

Hope that helps.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 09:45   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
I'd only say that if it's your only vehicle then you'd be better off with a scorpio 4wd. Thar at best can be a decent secondary vehicle.
Thanks Amolpol, I agree with the rationale and thats why I am getting inclined to Scorpio 4wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnambiar View Post
Its worth a buy, despite all negatives listed. Point is if you know what you are getting into (which is clear from your wishlist), then you wont fret....I have been using since 2011 as my office, weekend, long drive, off road all in one. Don't spend too much decking it, its good as is.
Thanks Vnambiar, I have the same thing in my mind want to use it as city car as well and weekend car (for my fishing trips). I make long trips as well (4 - 14 days). And thats where I am hesitating to go for the Thar. What is your experience in the highway? Are you comfortable making long trips with 3-5 passenger?
My another worry is the security - easy access to the valuables that I left behind in the car. If I go for the Thar I will have to get the hard done.

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks Behram, Can you PM me the contact details? I would like to take quote for the changes that i have in my mind. Based on the cost I could determine the go and no go.
Old 6th August 2015, 10:11   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amolpol, I agree with the rationale and thats why I am getting inclined to go with a Scorpio 4WD
Real_man, since the auto box has been reintroduced in the Scorpio, just give it a thought.

My father-in-law bought the last of the earlier generation Scorpio Automatics and has had no regrets.

Agreed, the price is slightly steep. But you get a proven body-on-frame vehicle, a delicious engine, a 6-speed auto-box, shift-on-the-fly 4WD, secure environment with all bells & whistles - it can't get better than this, eh?
Old 7th August 2015, 11:49   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
What is your experience in the highway? Are you comfortable making long trips with 3-5 passenger?
The rear seats are good for short 2-3hour journeys. For long haul it is good for 2 people + luggage only. Also, being a soft-top, the flapping noise becomes intrusive after 75kmph and may make you fatigued if you are used to silent cabins.
Otherwise, it behaves brilliantly on the highways.
Old 7th August 2015, 12:20   #3385
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hello Behram, would u mind sharing the details with me... having a tough time lately with some things

Cheers!

also, I remember seeing a Red Thar with Speaker Pods on the dasdhboard, haven't been able to locate the owner the thread again, if any good Thar'ians can help identify the person who has done this mod will be highly grateful.

Last edited by shivshanker : 7th August 2015 at 12:22. Reason: avoid back to back
Old 14th August 2015, 16:21   #3386

Hello Everyone !!

This is my first post on TeamBHP, and it starts with a question

I am tempted to purchase the new Thar, and it is going to be my first and only vehicle (although I own a second-hand non-worshipped Chevy Beat LS). As many people in this thread, I too am interested to go for a hard-top option, something similar to HHT. I am based out of NCR, and going for Mahindra Customizations would be way beyond my budget.

Please let me know what would be a reliable and value for money alternative.
Old 14th August 2015, 22:28   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiSEr_007 View Post
Hello Everyone !!

This is my first post on TeamBHP, and it starts with a question

I am tempted to purchase the new Thar, and it is going to be my first and only vehicle (although I own a second-hand non-worshipped Chevy Beat LS). As many people in this thread, I too am interested to go for a hard-top option, something similar to HHT. I am based out of NCR, and going for Mahindra Customizations would be way beyond my budget.

Please let me know what would be a reliable and value for money alternative.
Hi buddy and welcome to the forum. Bimbra and Azad are the two customization shops which co
me to my mind in Delhi NCR region. Hope it helps you.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 16:11   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Greeting!

I have been following this thread for quite some time.

I almost have made up my mind to take a plunge to book the Thar. Meanwhile I have been making arrangments to sell off my Scorpio Mhawk SLE 2009 model. My Scorpio has served well for 6 years and did 100K odd km. I am contemplating for S4 4wd too but I appears that the Thar has possesed me completely.

Hi Buddy,

seems like you and i are in the exact same boat. i am looking to sell my 2008 2.6 CRDE Scorpio LX and go in for the Thar. I have been obsessed with the Thar since launch and even booked it once before cancelling it.

My only fear is that i end up driving 1500 odd kms a month on the highways across North India and am used to the comfort of the Scorpio. How much of that will i be losing out when switching to the Thar ?

My other choices are the new Scorpio, which is a fine vehicle but i feel i maybe a bit bored having used a Scorpio for 7 years now.

With the new interiors upgraded in the Thar it looks much better and im happy to drop the money (and time) to get the Mahindra HT put in Mumbai.

Waiting for 10th September now to see what the TUV300 is gonna be all about.

Looking forward to see which direction you proceed with.

cheers

Kundan
Old 19th August 2015, 17:12   #3389
BHPian

I need to slightly adjust the headlamp aim. Checked the owner's manual but could not find it.
Can anyone guide me on how to adjust the beams vertically?
Old 19th August 2015, 18:27   #3390
BHPian

After you open the headlight case from the front, there will be three screws with springs, two on each side and one below the headlight. Press the headlight with your hand in the direction you choose to adjust and tighten the screws.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks