Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:14   #1111
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas - the reason I do it is very simple. When people first ask, there is an additional involvement from them. Then when I tell, they will understand properly what is explained, otherwise it just becomes another post. Believe you me, with this method, chances of misunderstanding are greatly reduced. I use this logic in my daily working also. .
===========
Your comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sounds good DB. What about
  • Leak Proofing during rains
  • Fade
  • Sealing to prevent AC leakage
  • Ease of removal (time, skill and #people required to take off and put the ST back on)
  • Avoiding the 'Hungry cow' syndrome

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd March 2011 at 23:03. Reason: Quoting entire large post.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:19   #1112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
No i dont think so, this is like a slider that seals the top in from the side and allows a small part to stick out. This channel is only for the top and cannot be seen from the outside. This does not come handy in rain water channeling at all. Its only purpose is to keep the end of the top air tight.
=======
I am satisfied with the top and feel it does not need tampering with.
Good to know, and really would like to check one out in person. Maybe once JeepCaptain makes a visit to BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My Classic has a soft-top made locally. And no, it doesn't have the doors of the Thar either (merely plastic cut-outs). Yet, whoever sat in my Jeep was spoken of the "chilling" air-conditioner. Refer to the comments in my Classic ownership thread.
=====
If the air-con & compressor are on par with my Jeep's 18 year old air-conditioner (on which few will have doubts), the driver & front passenger will be "cold", and rear passengers "comfortable".
This is more to do with AC than leak proof.

If latter is addressed then efficiency will be better, wastage lesser. At the end less work and better efficiency at engine department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
What's on the RHS, could you explain?
He is referring to the body line, i think the old sheet dye is not that perfect afterall. We had noted this and pointed to Vinod at launch itself. Very honestly it might not really matter for a person who buys the vehicle for offroad but at 7.3 lakhs it is troubling.

Quote:
Quietly camouflaged. . Show me one "seatwallah" give you an idea like that? Forget it!
Dear sir do not completely rule out, there are many who do an excellent job without any scientific training or education. Once you meet them in person you also would be amazed and might want to recruit them.

I still remember you checking out a certain 550 hardtop along with Spike in Aavalaconda last year, i really liked the humble nature in you then.

Quote:
It feels good to read that our effort is giving the desired result. By the way, our vendor supplies canopies for a costly European marque of sports car as well. He is negotiating for supply of automatic soft tops for one of the best world renowned sports car iconic marques.
As a customer i expect the same treatment for the dashboard to start with. Not taking away any credits to you or your teams effort.

Quote:
We Indians are second to none in the world. In M&M, we are committed to become world beaters. Thank you and JAI HO.
Really hope so and for starters i would like to see international standards in fit and finish for our products, especially when we pay in lakhs.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd March 2011 at 23:59.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:21   #1113
BHPian

Dear BHP-ians,

I took the delivery of the Thar today at Goel Motors, Mohali. Colour is Rocky Beige. The whole process was a very pleasent experience.
I will post the pictures tomorrow with the details of my experience.

Regards,
Sandeep Janjua.

P.S. The first thing my kids told me to do when we reached home was to put up Team-BHP stickers on the Thar, emulating our other cars!! I gladly did as I was told :-)
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:34   #1114
Senior - BHPian

@Jangua- Congratulations Sandeep, now if I see a rocky beige in around Chandigarh then thats you hey. Nice one.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:41   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sandeep! Hope to catch you at my next Chandigarh trip.Also please report any changes that you find between your jeep and the one tested here.
Old 3rd March 2011, 00:07   #1116
Team-BHP Support

Congratz man, please open a decent ownership thread with loads of pics and do keep updating regularly please.

Once again the very best of wishes!
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:52   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Janjua. Your kids will soon be visiting this website soon for sure
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:41   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
Dear BHP-ians,

I took the delivery of the Thar today at Goel Motors, Mohali. Colour is Rocky Beige. The whole process was a very pleasent experience.
I will post the pictures tomorrow with the details of my experience.

Regards,
Sandeep Janjua.

P.S. The first thing my kids told me to do when we reached home was to put up Team-BHP stickers on the Thar, emulating our other cars!! I gladly did as I was told :-)
First a Solo trip to KK and now a Thar , You're surely living up your life. Your kids already love TBHP , how cool is that
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:11   #1119
KMT
BHPian

Januja
Congratulations on the new Jeep, looking forward to reading your views (and your kids views) on how it performs in the 'real world'.
Please could you start a separate thread.
Regards
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:24   #1120
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Harishnayak - I had sent you a PM asking for details of the black That CRDe which was there in the Desert Storm. Can you please send me the details by PM? Thank you.

Dear Sandeep Janjua - congratulations. You also got the color you wanted, good.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 3rd March 2011 at 08:25.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:25   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thank you for your observation on a very important point as regards canopy. You would want to see the small flaps at the tops of the vertical channels. Quietly camouflaged. Show me one "seatwallah" give you an idea like that? Forget it!
DB Sir,

It took M&M 26 Years to give a half decent soft-top for the MM540.
I guess you totally missed out on the seat-wallahs.

While you are at it please look at a Gypsy Soft-Top, since 1986 till now, nothing much has changed, you can't improve on perfection.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Congratulation to all Thar CRDe owners please consider the OEM Brush Guard/Chaff Screen/Insect Mesh, will help you in the long run to protect the Inter Cooler & Radiator.

Last edited by ex670c : 3rd March 2011 at 10:27.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:56   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Harishnayak - I had sent you a PM asking for details of the black That CRDe which was there in the Desert Storm. Can you please send me the details by PM? Thank you.
Hi harishnayak, could you please also share with us here what was reason for the brake failure? recently we had brake booster failure in our scorpio all of a sudden on highway and our driver was in a shock when he had to bring down the speed drastically due to a road hump. i had attended the breakdown. i drove home slowly and believe me it was very difficult to bring down the speed if you cross more than 40kmph. anyways such failures can be expected in a 1.75lkh kms run vehicle but not with a brand new vehicle.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:46   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
please look at a Gypsy Soft-Top, since 1986 till now, nothing much has changed, you can't improve on perfection.
Yes, the ride quality is still the same. Nothing "much" has changed.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 3rd March 2011 at 17:51. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:17   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Yes, the ride quality is still the same. Nothing "much" has changed.

Spike
Hi Spike,

The "Ride Quality" has changed over the MG410 to MG413W.

With "newer"/"Wider" Leaf Springs

So from 1953 to 2002c M&M used the same Leaf Spring setup on the CJ3B/CJ500D/MM540/MM550

Regards,

Arka
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:40   #1125
BANNED

^^^ let it go guys , scenes ARE changing , forget the past ,its not going to be repeated ( however true ) .

This vehicle is an Icebreaker , DB Sir & team go on ( continue ), don't just stop here , at this point.

I think its just a start , let us have a revolution here .

you are on right track .

Sudarshan

Dear bhp support , please edit/delete if its worthless .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks