Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 16:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!

I think what he means to say is that that person has paid money to the RTO to block the particular number, and the so he has put that number on the vehicle. The vehicle is NOT REGISTERED with that number at the RTO, so even though the numberplates are there, the vehicle is still UNREGISTERED.

I don't know if this is really possible, but from what Chirag has posted, this is the only conclusion I can draw.

Well, to the OP, he has got a full refund, so at least he can be assured that the problem was handled fairly. Now while M&M and the authorities fight out how to register the Thar, he may even get a chance to own it back. So my advice is to still have hope.

Last edited by honeybee : 15th October 2011 at 16:41.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:30   #122
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf18 View Post
Hi,

I got my thar a month back. I am so in love with it that i am driving it in the delhi heat everyday, but really need help with the hardtop. Did you get any contact details.

Saakaar
Hey,
Have been able to get to get a hardtop for the thar.
Please share the pics of modification that uve done so farr. Im a bit excited as so much can be done with the Thar.
Old 28th November 2011, 18:02   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Hey,
Have been able to get to get a hardtop for the thar.
Please share the pics of modification that uve done so farr. Im a bit excited as so much can be done with the Thar.
None so far buddy. I'm driving it stock and loving it. Just added the grill in the front and will probably get CJ5 rear view mirrors to change the ones i have. Did you check the modifications Bimbra is offering? They have some pictures on their FB page. Also where did you get your hardtop made? Is it FRP? Raj Kapoor? Removable? Please post some pics.

All my enlightened friends, as I am new to the jeep world, whatever tips you have on the Thar, please share. I am like a schoolkid eager to learn. And also please let me know if anyone has dealt with Bimbra's (Gurgaon) for mods before and what is their feedback.

thanks,
Saakaar
Old 30th November 2011, 12:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf18 View Post
None so far buddy. I'm driving it stock and loving it.
=======
And also please let me know if anyone has dealt with Bimbra's (Gurgaon) for mods before and what is their feedback.

thanks,
Saakaar
Buddy,
frankly i dont like the design too much and its far too costly. Constantly looking out for other options.
Old 29th August 2012, 15:25   #125
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar CRDe - An owner's honest perspective. EDIT : Now returned back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
I would certainly think twice before buying a Mahindra product again.

You are spot on GTO. This Thar fiasco has left a very bad taste in my mouth.
M&M should have got the Thar approved before selling the vehicle to customers like me.
Dear Dr. Sandeep

I am not sure if it is right to quote you on this thread since there has been no post for a long time, but I thought that you would be able to help me take a decision.

I must admit that despite all the shortcomings in the Thar, one cannot simply let it go off one's mind. Hence I was all prepared to take the plunge when I happened to read your thread on the Thar ownership experience during my extensive research on the product. I can feel the frustration and pain that you must have endured during the really bad (may I say strange?) experience. This further highlights the fact that automobile companies, be it multinational or home grown, in our country never tend to take the customer seriously. One can only evaluate a product at its face value but you never know what's in store for you after the sale has been effected.

I am seriously contemplating getting the Thar for myself but the ownership issues are scaring me off. What do you say?

Thanks,
Abhishek
Old 30th May 2013, 17:02   #126
Senior - BHPian

Janjua,
Whilst I was researching on the Thar stumbled upon this thread and was flabbergasted looking at the experience you have had to bear. My heartfelt condolences for your rough time.
This thread has not been updated from the previous 2 years, has there been any development on the thar?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks